Write BD-RDL media

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Write BD-RDL media

I need help figuring out how to write BD-RDL media. I have tried multiple types of media, drives, everything I can think of. Started with a LG WH16NS40 and the disc that came with it. Don’t remember what they were. I have used the DVDFab Burning Engine at every write speed. I have tried using Imgburn at all speeds (mostly at half disc rates speed). Replaced the LG drive with an Asus ASUS BW-16D1HT. Also got a replacement LG WH16NS40. Sometimes the write would complete but the disc has issues when played in a BD player. I switched on the option “Verify disc when burning finishes”. This pretty much has never worked using the DVDFab Burning Engine. Most of the time it will just hang at the end of finalizing. Sometime it will start to verify if you manually open and close the drive. Usually this will just crash DVDFab. Imgburn will log read or write errors. I probably have many logs if that is helpful.

These are the media types I have now: VERBAT-Imf-000, CMCMAG-DI6-000, RITEK-DR2-000.

With all the options available, there has to be some combination that will successfully write a BD DL disc. Any help is appreciated, there has to be a better way to troubleshoot that wasting discs.

Suggestion: write to a folder from DVDFab, then use ImgBurn to Build/Burn the image and verify it.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

This is how I have tried all attempts at creating a BD-RDL disc. I still have the folders for all the write attempts. I have tried the clone option on DVDFab only once. I have used ImgBurn directly and through DVDFab to Build/Burn.
      I would try a different computer but I don't have a USB drive.

Comment

The drives you have in use by many here with good success, especially the LG. Try very slow (~2x) burning with the Verb media using ImgBurn in stand-alone mode and if it does not work (or if you already tried that) attach the ImgBurn log to a post.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Attaching log from ImgBurn 2x Verbatim disc. Thanks for looking.
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X