Mapped Drives and Drag and Drop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Hardware Mapped Drives and Drag and Drop

Hi everyone. Hope this is in the correct location. I have latest DVDFab installed and I run the program as Administrator. Ok so when I want to convert any video file i have to use explorer to add as i am unable to DRAG and DROP. I have attached a picture and circled my cursor in RED so you can see how my cursor changes as it wont allow me to drop the file and i mean any file. If i use the + in the middle of the screen to add video that works fine. I am using a legit windows 10 and have also tried on a new computer with legit windows 11. My 2nd issue is i have a Synology Nas in my attic where i store files and the attached internal/external drives are mapped to my Windows 10 and 11 computers. If i use widows file explorer i see all mapped drives but in DVDFab when i choose my save location or whatever the mapped drives cannot be seen. I have attached to photos of that also. Both computers are fresh windows installs and Admin rights used to run the .exe of DVDFab. Any help/solution would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

I forgot to say No Log file is created with these 2 issues because I'm unable to do anything with the 2 issues if this makes sense
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Fredan; 01-02-2022, 10:19 AM.

Moving to General Questions forum, for better exposure. I will also refer this to the Service Team. Watch there for replies.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by Fredan View Post
      Hi everyone. Hope this is in the correct location. I have latest DVDFab installed and I run the program as Administrator. Ok so when I want to convert any video file i have to use explorer to add as i am unable to DRAG and DROP. I have attached a picture and circled my cursor in RED so you can see how my cursor changes as it wont allow me to drop the file and i mean any file. If i use the + in the middle of the screen to add video that works fine. I am using a legit windows 10 and have also tried on a new computer with legit windows 11. My 2nd issue is i have a Synology Nas in my attic where i store files and the attached internal/external drives are mapped to my Windows 10 and 11 computers. If i use widows file explorer i see all mapped drives but in DVDFab when i choose my save location or whatever the mapped drives cannot be seen. I have attached to photos of that also. Both computers are fresh windows installs and Admin rights used to run the .exe of DVDFab. Any help/solution would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

I forgot to say No Log file is created with these 2 issues because I'm unable to do anything with the 2 issues if this makes sense
      try 'open' / doubleclick on a Network folder - open it up in another window, and then drag and drop a file into it.

Comment

signals - Thank you for helping out

Comment

You are welcome, certainly.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

try 'open' / doubleclick on a Network folder - open it up in another window, and then drag and drop a file into it.
            Hi october262. Could you please explain what you mean by your comment? Once I'm running DVDFab I am unable to see any networked drives within DVDFab or even drag and drop files in there to convert etc. I have to click the + and goto the containing folder to add
            Added photo what i mean
            DVDFab also running as ADMIN with full fresh install etc
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Fredan; 01-04-2022, 07:01 AM.

Comment

I just noticed another thread was started a long time ago where user had the same issue

Comment

Hi october262. Could you please explain what you mean by your comment? Once I'm running DVDFab I am unable to see any networked drives within DVDFab or even drag and drop files in there to convert etc. I have to click the + and goto the containing folder to add
                Added photo what i mean
                DVDFab also running as ADMIN with full fresh install etc
                ok, does drag & drop work if you choose and other module other than converter like copy or ripper ??

Comment

also i was able to drag & drop a MP4 file into converter
                  and dvdfab recognized the file

Comment

Hello october262
                    Thank you so much for trying to help me out.
                    Don't ask me why but my Windows 10 computer is now working ok lol
                    My brand new Windows 11 computer on the other hand does not.
                    I have tried Copy, Converter and Creator and i cannot drag any format at all or see my mapped drives when i choose the + to load a file or when i goto save to
                    Quite annoying issue haha. I have DVDFab running as admin and its a legit windows 11. Latest DVDFab software. Mapped drives can be seen from Windows exlorer so very odd
                    Appreciate your help either way
                    Tez

Comment

Hello october262
                      Thank you so much for trying to help me out.
                      on your windows 11 computer, try grabbing the file and move it a little, press the ALT + TAB keys
                      it should launch a new screen that has all your open apps, Now, while holding the Alt key, press Tab to navigate through the open windows.
                      Release Alt when the desired destination is selected, Once the destination window launches, release the left click to drop the file.

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

on your windows 11 computer, try grabbing the file and move it a little, press the ALT + TAB keys
                        it should launch a new screen that has all your open apps, Now, while holding the Alt key, press Tab to navigate through the open windows.
                        Release Alt when the desired destination is selected, Once the destination window launches, release the left click to drop the file.
                        Still Nothing but thank you for the help october262 very much appreciated

Comment

Still Nothing but thank you for the help october262 very much appreciated
                          try using Ctrl +X to Cut, Ctrl + C to Copy, and Ctrl + V to Paste.

Comment

Working...
                          X