X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I start DVDFab, my Internet connection interrupts

Hi folks,

I have searched the entire board but found nothing to solve my problem.

I'm surfing the net on my notebook with a USB UMTS Stick. As soon as I start DVDFab my Internet connection interrupts immediately. And Windows XP doesn't recognize my UMTS Stick anymore. As soon as I close DVDFab everything is fine and I can surf again.

And this phenomenon only happens with DVDFab, no other program shows such a behavior.

What version of Fab are you using.

The version number V7.x.x.x.

Is there anything else you have downloaded at the time this started.?

I have not seen any other post with this problem so it is a strange one.

Comment

Sounds similar to the Magicjack conflict. The USB drive may be mimicking a drive and DVDFab is trying to access it.

Comment

I use the actual Version

But no matter which Version I use, it shows always the same behaviour. It was the same under the v6.xxx Versions

I use an USB UMTS/HSDPA Modem from Huawei!

My DVD Drive uses the Z: letter under Windows XP

The Modem is using the F: Drive

And after I start DVD Fab, for example, to produce Xvid Videos, from a file on hard drive, DVD Fab immediately kicks out the Huawei Modem, an no internet is possible anymore, and Windows doesn't recognice the modem when i plug-in and out, until I close DVD Fab, then everything works again.

Comment

Have you tried reassigning the drive letters and reversing them? That assignment just seems backwards and it may be commandeering the first available non-HDD which would be your modem on drive F:?
          How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
          Albert Einstein

Comment

No, but I'll try and let you know what happened

Comment

Have the same problem with my USB Broadband modem(also a Huawei), drops the connection if I do anything DVDFab related, but if I am on my dialup connection there is no problem. Still have not had any success tracking down the cause....I just avoid using it whenever I am DVDFabbing...
              Any solutions offered that work wuld be much appreciated.

Comment

Yup, this does sound reminiscent of the Magicjack conflict.
                As I recall, Magicjack creates a conflict with Fab's SPTI drive access.

As a test, you could change Fab's I/O settings from SPTI (default) to ASPI, that is if you can get Fab to run with ASPI.
                Fab won't run in ASPI with Win7 64-bit, not on my rig anyway. I had no problems running ASPI with XP Pro.
                If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

My Vista machine has a Belkin USB broadband modem. I had to go check because I never multitask while doing a movie, but it works fine. The modem is not seen as a drive however.
                  How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                  Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Real2010 View Post
                    The Modem is using the F: Drive
                    I would imagine that almost any device that mimics a drive might have problems when DVDFab is running. DVDFab scans all drives for new discs and there is not (currently?) a way to turn it off.

Unfortunately, both sides would point fingers at the other. A modem really shouldn't show up as a drive and DVDFab should be able to tell that it is not an optical drive.

Comment

Changing the drive letter shows no change, but with the tip of maineman, changing from SPTI to ASPI, looks like it works. I started my internet connection and after that DVDFab and my internet is still there.

So, I hope that the problem is solved now, when nothing else appears in the next minutes our hours.

Does that effect the performance of DVDFab when switching from SPTI to ASPI ???

Comment

No, it should not.
                        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

May I ask a dumb question please?
                          Where do I change from SPTI to ASPI in Fab I/O?
                          TIA

Comment

If you are running Windows 7 do not change it as you will not be able to use DVDFab after. take a look at the screenshot I attached to see
                            Attached Files

Comment

Nope, XP Home (SP3)

EDIT: I must be xxxxxxx blind.. Changed to ASPI and so fsr all looks good...now I can use my mobile BB(USB) with DVDFab running....
                              AGJ, Thanks
                              Last edited by Guest; 04-19-2010, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X