This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CPU/GPU NO Codecs Detected, NO CUDA w/ NVIDIA 8800 GTX

I had another PC sitting around that used to be my old gaming machine.. It is a XFX nForce 780i 3way SLI motherboard and has 3x Nvidia 8800GTX video cards in it.. I tried SLI and Non-SLI modes, enable / disable the physics settings, using latest drivers, Even installed the pay version of CoreAVC.. But no matter what, this is all that DVDFab ever says for this machine.

"Graphics Chipset :
    NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX

Supported Video Codecs :

CoreAVC : is detected."

So - no supported Vide3o Codecs, no CUDA, can't set DirectX accleration or any hardware encoding..

This machine is a intel quad core 2 machine.. with 8 gigabytes of DDR2 ram..

Any suggestions? Everything else on the machine seems to work fine..

Thanks!

-D2G

What driver do you have for this card?
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Version: 257.21 WHQL
      Release Date: 2010.06.15
      Operating System: Windows Vista 64-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
      Language: English (U.S.)
      File Size: 124 MB
      Download drivers for NVIDIA graphics cards, video cards, GPU accelerators, and for other GeForce, Quadro, and Tesla hardware. US / English download.

Using Win7 64bit OS..

Let me know if you need any other information!

Thanks!

- D2G

Comment

Unless you are hard core gamer and using card for gaming, I would NEVER suggest to use beta drivers. Stable programs like stable drivers. Please roll back to last stable one (I believe it's 197.45), clean registry and try again.
        However, this is third complaint (known to me) on this forum in regards to 8xx series of nVIDIA cards in relation to CUDA.
        sigpic

Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Hmm. These were official release, non-beta drivers.. and we wanted to make sure to get these in order to get benefits of full hardware acceleration flash 10.1, etc.

and it is a 3x SLI system... So yah - gamer - I'll pull those other drivers and see if that solves the situation. I also have a dual SLI 9800 GTX system here I'm going to give it a whirl on to see if it works there..

Thanks for the feedback!

-D2G

Comment

Originally posted by d2globalinc View Post
            Hmm. These were official release, non-beta drivers.. and we wanted to make sure to get these in order to get benefits of full hardware acceleration flash 10.1, etc.

and it is a 3x SLI system... So yah - gamer - I'll pull those other drivers and see if that solves the situation. I also have a dual SLI 9800 GTX system here I'm going to give it a whirl on to see if it works there..

Thanks for the feedback!

-D2G

Please read these two, most recent threads. You may find some of it useful

Please let me know if I could be any more helpful for you.
            sigpic

Comment

Finally got back to this system to test other versions of the Nvidia Drivers. I have gone back all the way I could for windows 7 64bit and tested every release driver up to the latest version and NONE of them will show any codec support or cuda support for this card / system in DVDfab :S

- D2G

Comment

Try disabling SLI. Some of the others with this problem were using it.
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
                X