Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a "Fab Installer" folder on my desktop that I shove them in after the install is done.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
      I have a "Fab Installer" folder on my desktop that I shove them in after the install is done.
      I am guessing your desktop is nowhere near as cluttered up as mine.

Good idea.

Comment

I'm guessing you can't see it. I'm sure mine's worse.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Update

Thank you all for your advice. I just made a separate folder to keep all my old installed fab on. I think I get what you mean, as in if there is a fault with a new version I can just reinstall the old version which makes sense now. I also well I think so turned off the automatic updates. I went to general settings and there was something they saying automatically check for updates which I took off, I think this is correct. Also still confused about the beta version and what is it. Thank you all for your time and advice .
          :) never look down on anyone unless you're looking down at them to help them up:)

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
            I'm guessing you can't see it. I'm sure mine's worse.
            No I cannot see it, don't worry.............

Comment

Originally posted by tdk View Post
              Thank you all for your advice. I just made a separate folder to keep all my old installed fab on. I think I get what you mean, as in if there is a fault with a new version I can just reinstall the old version which makes sense now. I also well I think so turned off the automatic updates. I went to general settings and there was something they saying automatically check for updates which I took off, I think this is correct. Also still confused about the beta version and what is it. Thank you all for your time and advice .
              YES about reinstalling (if needed) and YES about the automatic updates.

For the first few years I had DVD Fab I only ever installed the official releases, never had any problems.

I do usually now instal most betas, but for example have not installed the lastest two as I only do DVD to DVD.

Comment

Updates

Thank you for your advice. I think I've got it sorted now with all your help. Once again thank you.
                :) never look down on anyone unless you're looking down at them to help them up:)

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                  You just install over the top and it retains your setting & registration info.

You cannot have multiple versions of the same major release installed but you may have multiple installations of different major versions.

eg. You can have any release of Version 3, 4, 5, 6 & 7 all installed but you cannot have multiple versions of 7 installed.
                  This is why I said to keep the installers so that you can revert at any time.
                  Hello my friend Correction, I had 7090 and 4 beta versions installed during testing , I would just click which one I wanted to use.
                  CBR929
                  Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
                    Hello my friend Correction, I had 7090 and 4 beta versions installed during testing, I would just click which one I wanted to use.
                    CBR929
                    Do you mean installed?

Or just you had the installers downloaded?

I also thought you could only have one version of 7 actually installed (working) at a time. Can of course have numerous installers on your desktop?

Comment

Originally posted by davidh View Post
                      Do you mean installed?

Or just you had the installers downloaded?

I also thought you could only have one version of 7 actually installed (working) at a time. Can of course have numerous installers on your desktop?
                      Hi davidh
                      1) Yes, I mean installed
                      Right now I have 3,4,5,6,and 3 versions of 7 installed
                      CBR929
                      Last edited by CBR929; 08-21-2010, 05:53 AM.
                      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

Hi davidh
                        1) Yes, I mean installed
                        Right now I have 3,4,5,6,and 2 versions of 7 installed
                        CBR929
                        Okay, I didn't think that was possible.

I have ONE version 6 and ONE version 7 installed, and numerous installers for various versions on my desktop, but whenever I instal any of them from an installer they overwrite the installed ones.

Comment

Originally posted by davidh View Post
                          Okay, I didn't think that was possible.

I have ONE version 6 and ONE version 7 installed, and numerous installers for various versions on my desktop, but whenever I instal any of them from an installer they overwrite the installed ones.
                          During install when the screen comes up for destination folder I put C:\Program Files\DVDFab 7508 beta and start menu folder I put DVDFab 7508, I change the blue which will allow me to have more than one version installed.
                          CBR929
                          Last edited by CBR929; 08-21-2010, 05:46 AM.

Comment

During install when the screen comes up for destination folder I put C:\Program Files\DVDFab 7508 beta and start menu folder I put DVDFab 7508, which will allow me to have more than one version installed.
                            CBR929
                            Nice to know I'm not the only one who has done that

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
                              Nice to know I'm not the only one who has done that
                              I feel a whole lot better knowing I'm not alone anymore, its awful dark here
                              CBR929

Comment

I think I will stay in the dark.

Comment

Working...
                                X