Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot Use Free Decrypter w version 8005

Hi,

I am having a problem. When I try to use DVDFab to decrypt a DVD, it keeps prompting me to the site to buy the full version. In the past, once the trial period expires, I have used the free decrypting software to simply decrypt the DVD. Now every button I click refers me to a link to the site to buy full version.

Originally posted by Mike D. View Post
    Hi,

I am having a problem. When I try to use DVDFab to decrypt a DVD, it keeps prompting me to the site to buy the full version. In the past, once the trial period expires, I have used the free decrypting software to simply decrypt the DVD. Now every button I click refers me to a link to the site to buy full version.
    what is the title that is giving you the issue? Because if it's a newer release it may be the DVD your trying to decrypt has an updated protection that the FREE HD Decrypter doesn't yet support.
    Formerly DVDKingdom

Comment

Originally posted by DVDKingdom View Post
      what is the title that is giving you the issue? Because if it's a newer release it may be the DVD your trying to decrypt has an updated protection that the FREE HD Decrypter doesn't yet support.
      It is THE MIDDLE (TV show). It is new but I did disc one with no issue. When I tried disc 2 I got the pop-up window prompting me to go to the site, etc. I just uninstalled version 8.0.0.5 and installed version 7.5.0.8 and decrypted disc 2 with no problem. But now when I re-open the program I get the pop-up window again. When I click on ? and select the 'never expire' version of Decrypter it still defaults back to DVD to DVD and the window pop-up comes up directing me online to but the full version.

I tried other discs, older ones, same result.

Comment

I think DVDKingdom is right, it is trying to tell you that it needs something that not available in the free version. If the problem is with older discs, you can try turning off PathPlayer in Common Settings, just don't forget to turn it back on. If you click on a function button that is not available in the free version (Clone, Merge Customize etc.), I think you will get that popup also.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I uninstalled v7 and reinstalled v8 and everything has defaulted back to either 'never been used' and 'never' expires' for the decrypter on the welcome screen.

The program is acting as if I have used up the trial time for the trial period pay-for functions (which is common) and is prompting me via a pop-up window to click the link to take me to the site to buy the full-feature software. But the problem is that it is also acting the same way when I simply try to use the free decrypting part of the software, as well.

Comment

Could you post a screenshot of this?
            If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Originally posted by maineman View Post
              Could you post a screenshot of this?
              Wel,, since I have re-installed v8.0.0.5, everything on the 'Welcome to DVDFab' screen says 'never been used' or 'never expire' under the 'update expire time' column on the far right. After that, when I click the 'start DVDFab' button, it takes me right to the typical screen, with the options on the left-hand side, 'dvd copy', 'dvd ripper', etc. and I can begin decrypting.

Is there a way to default to the decrypter in the welcome screen? Whenever I click the ? mark on the upper right-hand corner to pull up the welcome screen, the 'DVD Copy' option is always highlighted. I only need to use the 'HD Decrypter' option at the bottom, which never expires.

Maybe it was a fluke, but I've never had this problem before. If it happens again I will be glad to post a screen shot. I guess I'll know when the trial expires again for the other options (although I never use those).

Comment

That is abnormal, but let us know what happens when the trial runs out.
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I will. I thank everyone very much for such quick replies!

Comment

i have dvdfab 8.0.05 trail version (run out)
                    and i can not too get into copy main movie DVD or complete disk DV(even if thier is no disk in the dvd-romplayer)

always thier comes a window message
                    -------
                    the "Main MOvie" feature is avalible in DVD copy
                    please ceck out at dvdfab.com
                    --------
                    than i press okay and then nothing happens!!!than i go on maim movie again and the same message! or on Full disk it says
                    _____
                    the " Full DIsk " feture is avalible in DVD copy
                    plase ........dvdfab.com

Comment

At the welcome screen, did you click on 'Run HD Decrypter' or whatever it says? There is a button for this. You may need to uninstall using the DVDFab uninstaller and try it again.

Comment

sorry no run hd D.. button in welcome screen

only one okay but this button not heapls!!

many dvdfab fogot to enable hd decrypter in the programm itself !!!!!!!

Comment

I am having a similar problem. I have used ver 8.02 of the free HD decrypter just fine untill today. It gave me a message that "dvd copy" was available at your website and went into the trial version of dvdfab---which I have never used. the screen also shows hd decrypter free version as disabled. I uninstalled it and installed the new ver. 8.05. Same results. I am unable to use just the free version. It only allows me to use the (apparently) trial version. I am trying to decrypt a dvd called "wycliffe" and have had no problems with this series. I still had dvdfab ver 7 and that decrypts the dvd just fine as usual.
                          There must be a glitch which occurs after the 30 day trial period runs out, as I believe that may have been today---even tho I have never used anything other than the free version.
                          something is going on, I know not what.

Comment

I highlite the hd decrypter choice and it does say enabled. I thought it said disabled, but I was wrong. when I click "start dvdfab" it gives me a popup saying "the 'full disc feature is available in dvd copy. please check it out at...."
                            Then it goes direct to the full version screen.
                            the dvd "wycliffe" just finished decrypting on the old version 7 just fine.

Comment

Not sure why it is behaving this way. I have sent the devs a link to this thread.

Comment

Working...
                              X