No announcement yet.

Cannot Use Free Decrypter w version 8005

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The key to the problem is something that gets messed up after the 30 trial version expires, whether or not you use it. I only use the free decrypter and now it will not allow me to use it at all. It defaults to the full version.
    I have two computers, one interntet connected and the other not. I use the one to decrypt dvds and have not used the other to decrypt. I installed ver. 8 on both a month ago. The computer I use it on always now won't let me use the free version. The computer I never have used it on was updated to ver. 8.05 today and does let me use the free version. thus, again, something to do with the trial 30 days running out.
    Anyway, hope someone can figure this out soon. In the meantime, I am glad I did not uninstall version 7.

Comment

Originally posted by nikalseyn View Post
      "start dvdfab" it gives me a popup saying "the 'full disc feature is available in dvd copy. please check it out at...."
      Then it goes direct to the full version screen.
      same as i . my tail run out 2 days a go ! i alwyas used the trail versions of dvdfab never a problem like this

thier must be a error in the programm when the trail version is run out!

Comment

Thanks for the good feedback, I'm sure it will help them get it back to normal.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Having the same problem here exactly as nikalseyn described it.

Comment

I would just like to add that I am also having the problem. I have been using DVDFab HD Decrypter for years (the free version) and I have never experienced this issue until 8.0.0.5. The problem is that the only button I have to start the program says "Start DVDFab" instead of the usual "Start HD Decrypter" or something along those lines. (Attached is a screenshot.) If right after installing I click "Start DVDFab," I am taken to the Full Disc menu and allowed to set up my destination folder, etc. and when "Start" is clicked, I receive the message "You are going to try 'DVD Copy' option," and the DVD is decrypted and stored to my hard drive. However, if I start the program after ripping one DVD, the "DVD Copy" option says "Expired," and once I click start I receive a message saying, "The 'Full Disc' feature is available in DVD Copy." (Screenshot attached.) If I click OK, it takes me to the "DVD Ripper - Generic" screen, which looks more like a reauthoring/encoding utility. In order to decrypt another DVD, I must uninstall and reinstall the program, which obviously is not the most desirable solution.

If it's relevant (though I suspect it isn't,) I am using Windows 7 64-bit.

I'm happy to provide any further information that will help to resolve this problem.

Comment

hello

i'm getting the same thing. I get a popup that says i can copy the full version if i go to DVD Copy. i can't do anything else. i have the free version. Anyone know how to fix this? thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by bamahusker View Post
                i'm getting the same thing. I get a popup that says i can copy the full version if i go to DVD Copy. i can't do anything else. i have the free version. Anyone know how to fix this? thanks.
                I guess you missed this???

Originally posted by signals View Post
                Not sure why it is behaving this way. I have sent the devs a link to this thread.
                If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

yep

i guess i did. i just saw the last post where someone said what i was going through and i thought i'd second it. I remember this happened once before,and i am going to say this clearer this time because a moderator misunderstood what i said last time and i almost got banned,but one of the devs quickly released a new update that had a patch that fixed the issue. So i'm hoping this will happen this time as well. last time i simply said "luckily the patch helped the issue" and the dev thought i meant i found one online outside of fab. I have asperger's syndrome so i dom't always word things correctly so i do apologize for the remark at the beginning of the year. Thankis for your patience with me as usual.

Comment

No problemo.
                    It looks like 8005 has a bug that will have to remedied by the Beijing team.
                    Hopefully, it won't be long before you have a new "patched" version

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Please don't un-focus the thread. Use the PM system or General Chat.
                      Originally posted by bamahusker
                      thanks maineman. I sure hope so. I was really looking forward to doing copies tonight. By the way in an unrelated topic,how soon do you think BD-R and BD-RE's as well as external Blu Ray burners will become more affordable? i'd love to start doing that one day.
                      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Mine did it again, too.

Going to use an earlier version until bug is fixed.

Comment

I came to this forum to look for information on this as well.

I'm using 8.0.0.5 and every option fails, directing me to purchase the full version.

Looking forward to an update!

Comment

I upgraded to the new beta (8.0.0.8), which seems to have temporarily solved the problem (i.e. I can decrypt more than one DVD without having to reinstall). It still says "Start DVDFab" on the main screen, though, so I think it may have just reset my trial.

Comment

Originally posted by Atreyuu2003
                              Hi,

Does anyone plan on fixing this problem?

Thank you!
                              Have you updated?
                              I tested the freeware v.8011 on an older XP Pro pc yesterday...worked perfectly.
                              If this still fails for you, then uninstall using the Fab uninstaller and D/L and install 8011 again

Comment

Workaround to Free Decrypter Problem

Hi all, I have found that if you go into settings, press default button and OK, restart DVD Fab and your access Free Decrypter is restored. Not ideal but it saves you having to uninstall and reinstall.

Comment

Working...
                                X