X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Avira Reporting Beta 8015 contains Virus

Hello

Just installed the latest Beta of DVD fab (8015) and my antivirus sprang to live saying that the file C:\Program Files (x86)\DVDFab 8\FabCore.exe contained a virus BDS/Backdoor.Gen

Hope this is just an error on either DVDfabs part or a miss detection from Avira Premium Security Suite

Thanks. eon

Originally posted by eon_designs View Post
    Hello

Just installed the latest Beta of DVD fab (8015) and my antivirus sprang to live saying that the file C:\Program Files (x86)\DVDFab 8\FabCore.exe contained a virus BDS/Backdoor.Gen

Hope this is just an error on either DVDfabs part or a miss detection from Avira Premium Security Suite

Thanks. eon
    Report the false positive to Avira so they can fix there programs problem

Comment

Looks like someone will need to submit files to ESET, as well, so they can update their virus definitions. A temporary file in the program folder during installation is being flagged as a possible variant of Win32/Genetik.trojan.
      DrinkLyeAndDie
      "Qui ne dit mot consent"
      "If you want to see the future imagine someone's boot stamping on the human face... forever." - George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by DrinkLyeAndDie View Post
        Looks like someone will need to submit files to ESET, as well, so they can update their virus definitions. A temporary file in the program folder during installation is being flagged as a possible variant of Win32/Genetik.trojan.
        Im on it.

Done.
        Last edited by matrix; 09-20-2010, 07:37 PM. Reason: Update.

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
          Report the false positive to Avira so they can fix there programs problem
          Reported , done

Comment

virus

Yeah, I had somewhat of an issue as well with 8.0.1.5. ESET NOD32 detected some kind of genetik threat when I installed the new version. Obviously its just a false positive, but just wanted to let you guys know.

Edit: Ok I see this was already reported in a different thread so disregard please.

Edit #2: Just as another note, I went and redownloaded 8015 and re-installed, and it didn't flag it this time. So either Fengtao did something about it or ESET got their stuff together and fixed it.
            Last edited by Racem22; 09-21-2010, 06:18 AM.
            SPECS
            DESKTOP: Asus M4A79XTD EVO/AMD Phenom II x4 945/4GB GSKILL DDR3-1600/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 SC/BFG Tech 600Watt/NZXT M59/LG BD-RE GGW-H20L/Lite-On iHAS124 Y/WD Velociraptor 150GB/Seagate 1.5TB/WD Caviar Green 2TB/Acer H213H 1080p
            SERVER: MSI K9ND Speedster WA-6/2x AMD Opteron 2218s/8GB Kingston DDR2-667/NVIDIA Quadro FX 1700/Zalman 600Watt/Alienware Workstation/Lite-On iHAS120/Seagate 500GB/WD Caviar Black 750GB/Swiftech H20-220 w/ 2x CPU blocks & VGA block

Comment

@Racem22

Merged your post with the other reports

Comment

Sounds good man. Yeah I checked the new 8015 installer and its a little smaller so Fengtao must've done something.
                SPECS
                DESKTOP: Asus M4A79XTD EVO/AMD Phenom II x4 945/4GB GSKILL DDR3-1600/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 SC/BFG Tech 600Watt/NZXT M59/LG BD-RE GGW-H20L/Lite-On iHAS124 Y/WD Velociraptor 150GB/Seagate 1.5TB/WD Caviar Green 2TB/Acer H213H 1080p
                SERVER: MSI K9ND Speedster WA-6/2x AMD Opteron 2218s/8GB Kingston DDR2-667/NVIDIA Quadro FX 1700/Zalman 600Watt/Alienware Workstation/Lite-On iHAS120/Seagate 500GB/WD Caviar Black 750GB/Swiftech H20-220 w/ 2x CPU blocks & VGA block

Comment

I still cannot install it as of today with Kaspersky. It says there is a virus, I reported it days ago and nothing has changed. Tried installing it again and Kaspersky wont let me.
                  Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

It installed for me but every time I open it Kaspersky scans it like a new app and some of the UI functions don't work, I think interfered with by KIS.This is with 8015b. KIS also thinks ImgBurn is "dangerous", so who knows.
                    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I have had this happen on previous instals with McAfee, not this one though, if you have reported it to them they should correct it eventually as McAfee did.

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                        It installed for me but every time I open it Kaspersky scans it like a new app and some of the UI functions don't work, I think interfered with by KIS.This is with 8015b. KIS also thinks ImgBurn is "dangerous", so who knows.
                        Hi Signals, I am installing the previous beta, I sent a report into Kaspersky and they said it was a virus, and they would not fix it, the Patch PE is in File Mover only.
                        Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Dvd fab virus

I am having the same issue with Kaspersky On Fab 7 it has not brought up anything on Fab 8.I have v7 and v8 on my computer what is going on Kasperky says it is a virus.

Comment

Thanks Chameleon. I am getting the same odd behavior with 8.0.0.5 now too. I think KIS has gone nuts.

Ralph2112, we are not sure what is going on with Kaspersky, just comparing notes. I had no issues with v7 and still have v7.5.0.6 installed.
                            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

That is one reason I don't use KIS anymore (a lot of false positives) and the other also important reason is, they really bug when the license is going to expire. They sent me mails about 30 days before license is going to expire, then 15 days to go they sent me email my license has already expired. Then on every program restart at about 15 days every time stupid nag about expiring ...

Best is to switch to another security software when license is expired. Staying with ESS for another two years now.
                              人生は贈り物であり、完全な喜びを経験する必要があります
                              Life is a gift and should be experienced in full joy

Comment

Working...
                              X