• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Failed to burn due to oversized source files

Hi. I am getting this error:

Failed to burn due to oversized source files
    Task_1 failed! Error=405

Trying to put slightly over 46GB onto a 50GB blu-ray. I have fit to disc checked which drops my bitrate from 15000 to 14978.
    But it fails at the very end with the Error=405.

Any ideas as how to fix that or what is causing it?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Greenie17; 09-28-2017, 04:54 PM.

What size is your source file? You're pushing the limit at 46 GB the transcoder may have gone over a bit?
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

8 files.

Thanks.

Comment

Did you compress these files? did you use img burn to burn them? whats the blank disk size?
        My blank 50gigs are 45.1 gigs usable space.You need to compress a little more or burn with truncate with img burn the ending may be cut off if you do it this way.
        Last edited by 3dman7; 09-28-2017, 07:23 PM. Reason: added info.

Comment

Well they came out to be slightly over the Blue-ray disc. So I selected the FIT TO DISC selection like usual when it's lager then the destination disc and it usually works. Isn't dvdfab supposed to compress on the fly to make it fit? Am I missing something?

No I didn't compress them myself nor did I use img burn to burn them. I have DVDFab burning engine selected. It's a 50GB blank disc which holds about 46.1GB.

Thanks.

Comment

Fab compresses if you select 25 gigs or smaller but selecting 50 gigs it shouldn't compress but in Fab settings for fab burner you can try selecting 47732 formatted without spare areas or try a custom setting but you may run out of room if the disk is smaller than the custom size I don't think it compresses the size just adjust size of blank disk burning space some have more burning space than others like my brand and yours.In img burn theirs 2 settings one fit to disk and the other truncate I don't see fit to disk in fab burner settings.If Fab compresses on the fly during burn then it's news to me maybe a mod. or Signals can clear this up.
            Added line below:
            Check to see if img burn is selected for blu ray settings and maybe you have Fab selected for dvd settings.
            Last edited by 3dman7; 09-28-2017, 08:25 PM. Reason: Added last line

Comment

I am referring to this. See image.
              Attached Files

Comment

I would be surprised if it didn't compress just because it's a 50gb. But I am not sure. I am now trying the 47732 formatted without spare areas as you suggested. I'll see if that works. This didn't ask me to fit to disc.
                Last edited by Greenie17; 09-28-2017, 08:36 PM.

Comment

DVDFab should compress it before it makes the image or burns the disc. Try setting the BD size smaller to force more compression. Write it to a folder then burn it with ImgBurn.

I would suggest around 44-45000 MB for a starting point. That won't lower the bitrate enough to be visible.

Click image for larger version  Name:	1-011 BDSIZE.png Views:	1 Size:	53.8 KB ID:	342384

Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                  Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

This is still failing even when I try to set to 4619889 or 47732. It does not ask me to fit to disc but I still get the error attached.

Comment

Here
                      Attached Files

Comment

I'll try to use 45000MB and output to a file and also trying imgburn 2.5.8. I'll see if this works. Thanks!!!!

Comment

ok it worked! I am not exactly sure which OR if both needed to be done. But what I did was 3Dman said.

I set customize to 45000 MB
                          I installed and used img burn to burn

BINGO! Thanks everyone for all the help.

Comment

Working...
                          X