This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jonnpenney View Post
    Sorry..a bit off topic but can anyone point me to decently priced BD-R 50GB discs now? It seems the prices have gone up considerably and I cannot seem to find any deals that come out better than just under $4 per disc. Thanks in advance!
    $4.70-$4.80 is as good as it's going to get around this time of the year. You might want to wait around Black Friday when the true deals surface.

http://www.supermediastore.com/categ...apacity%3D50GB

Comment

Thanks Superfist
      I was reading some of the earlier posts in this thread from last year and the prices sounded better (maybe they were for BD-R 25 GB discs tho). I wanted to make sure I had not missed anything!

Comment

Verbatim!

I have used over 40 of the following disks with no problems:

Verbatim 25GB 6X BD-R 10 Packs Spindle Disc Model 97238

Comment

RE: Verbatim BD-R 6X (non-LTH, HARD coat), I have used them with zero coasters, no defects in reading back over a year old recordings, great stuff. HOWEVER, I had to order a new 25-pack last week. Went to order them from Amazon, same model number I've always used, and I saw a SLEW of 1-star reviews with comments like "These discs have gone to he**!".

Ever the optimist, I ordered them anyway. I've fallen in love with the HARD coating on these; my kids don't treat them TOO badly, but still, they resist scuffing well. First disc I burned (at 4X, my norm), errored out a quarter of the way through. I use ImgBurn 2.5.5.0, never have issues with these.

I pulled out my 2.4X Verbatim BD-RE, blanked it, and wrote the same image, no problems. I then grabbed another blank, ramped it up to 6X, and this time had no issues. However, I'm worried that it won't have longevity, as many of the bad reports stated the same thing.

I'm going to try burning a few more this week before deciding whether to send them back or not. If they do fail, my next option is TDK (with HARD coat, but WAY more expensive).

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by GadgetVictim View Post
            @jimp124: I have been using OQ BD white printable top version for several years now, and not been having much problems.

Mahalo,
            GadgetVictim
            I stopped using the white printable top over a year ago. Perhaps things have changed with them but I was getting 6 or more coasters per 25 pack spindle. I have been using the OQ Logo top 4x with the best luck for several years now. I've been burning at 6X in most cases, and oddly enough I've had better luck with these than the OQ 6X logo tops. I honestly liked the white printable tops but the higher costs and number of coasters just made me give up on them.

I'm glad you are having better luck than I did.
            Jim

Comment

Bought the Optical Quantum 25GB 4X BD-R 25 Packs Logo Top Blu-ray Disc Model OQBDR04LT-25 from Newegg

With Nero speed disk it's say it's PHILLIPR04 (000) rated at 8X

the Nero DiscSpeed: Disc Info
              Basic Information
              Disc type: : BD-R
              MID : PHILIPR04 (000)
              Write speeds: : 4 X - 6 X - 8 X
              Blank Capacity : n/a
              Raw Data
              Physical Format Information (00h)
              0000 - 44 49 01 18 00 00 62 00 42 44 52 01 12 01 00 00 - DI....b.BDR.....
              0010 - 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 02 00 00 00 19 4E 7E - ..............N~
              0020 - 01 EC 64 64 28 28 28 28 23 23 23 23 00 00 00 00 - ..dd((((####....
              0030 - 48 43 74 04 04 58 17 94 A0 18 18 18 18 18 18 18 - HCt..X..........
              0040 - 18 20 20 20 20 70 00 70 00 70 00 70 00 70 00 70 - .....p.p.p.p.p.p
              0050 - 00 70 00 70 00 70 00 70 00 70 00 70 00 A0 A0 C0 - .p.p.p.p.p.p....
              0060 - C0 C0 00 00 50 48 49 4C 49 50 52 30 34 00 00 00 - ....PHILIPR04...

Did a backup of my old Avatar Blu ray collection @ X4 , so far so good , good quality playback

I'll let to know in a Year :-)

Is there any other software out there to identify a blank blu ray disk like nero speed disk?

Comment

Originally posted by fonzy35 View Post
                Is there any other software out there to identify a blank blu ray disk like nero speed disk?
                ImgBurn
                CBR929
                Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Verbatim BD25 LTH Type, burned 2 years ago with ImgBurn using a Plextor PX-B940SA at 2x speed.
                  All discs, which is about 30 who is that old, are still playable on both Panasonic and Pioneer players, which is the only brands i know who supports the LTH discs.

Comment

Originally posted by Per K View Post
                    Verbatim BD25 LTH Type, burned 2 years ago with ImgBurn using a Plextor PX-B940SA at 2x speed.
                    All discs, which is about 30 who is that old, are still playable on both Panasonic and Pioneer players, which is the only brands i know who supports the LTH discs.
                    +1 on my LTH and playback on Phillips and my PS3 also

Comment

Segmented movie file

We're downsizing. And I've started to back up my hard copies of BR movies and get rid of it, to my HD. 4th 3TB HD so far, main movie only.
                      Here's my dilemma, so many movies to back up and don't have enough time.
                      I realized that some of the movie files are in segments, to mention a few, The Fall, Gladiator, Inception, Watchmen director's cut, and many more. On a COPY MODE.
                      Is there a way to get away with this?
                      Please help. Only If I have time to reconstruct them. But still, impossible!
                      Thanks a bunch!!!

Comment

I'm revisiting this thread and post nearly 3 years later and I have since replayed these burned movies and they play flawlessly still!

Originally posted by SuperFist View Post
                        In the interest of this thread and those who wish to purchase the most reliable media they can at the most affordable rate, I decided to go back and test the first discs I burned with the computer I built a few days after New Year's 2011. I will give you the model Blu-ray burner I copied them with along with the movie I backed up, the media ID of the discs I used, the brand name, speed, the speed I recorded them at as well as the date I actually made them. All of the following backed up movies currently play flawlessly in my PS3 with the latest 4.10 update.

Blu-ray Burner: LG 10x BD-RE WH10LS30

Backed Up Movie - Media ID - Brand - Speed Burned - Date Created

Entourage Season 6 (All Discs) - RITEK-BR2-000 - RiDATA 4x 25GB BD-R - 4x - 1/8/11

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children - RITEK-BR2-000 - RiDATA 4x 25GB BD-R - 4x - 1/13/11

The Town - RITEK-BR2-000 - Optical Quantum 4x 25GB BD-R - 4x - 2/15/11

The A-Team - RITEK-BR2-000 - Optical Quantum 4x 25GB BD-R - 4x - 3/19/11

Hero - RITEK-BR2-000 - Optical Quantum 4x 25GB BD-R - 4x - 3/23/11

Spider-Man - RITEK-BR2-000 - Optical Quantum 4x 25GB BD-R - 4x - 3/19/11

As you can see, all of these discs were burned a year ago and they still play just as good as if I just burned them today and the data side still looks very deep and pronounced without any visible fading.

Comment

Superfist, thanks for updating, I hope others will do the same.
                          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
                            ImgBurn
                            CBR929
                            I use this for identifying discs, though I don't use it much anymore because I almost always stick to the exact same discs:

I've been burning on these for years, they're usually $55-65/50 on Amazon:

I've burnt thousands of discs, never a single coaster (unless the source was the issue), never a single problem accessing or playing them back later. As a bonus I find their printable surface to be the best as well. I print to them using an Epson Artisan 837 and it looks pretty darn flawless, especially with the high quality custom artwork from customanics.org.

Comment

Originally posted by singemfrc View Post
                              I use this for identifying discs, though I don't use it much anymore because I almost always stick to the exact same discs:

I've been burning on these for years, they're usually $55-65/50 on Amazon:

I've burnt thousands of discs, never a single coaster (unless the source was the issue), never a single problem accessing or playing them back later. As a bonus I find their printable surface to be the best as well. I print to them using an Epson Artisan 837 and it looks pretty darn flawless, especially with the high quality custom artwork from customanics.org.
                              Thank you for the link to some great priced Verbatims!

By the way, the website you mentioned is missing an "a". It's customaniacs.org for anyone else who is interested.

Comment

Memorex

Ok folks, I have Memorex that I burnt back in 2010 and just play them today and all still played fine in my Sony BDP-S50000ES player.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X