No announcement yet.

DVDFab Blu-Ray Copy 8.1.1.2 Qt is the worse version ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is really discouraging to hear. This is also something I have been wanting to post for awhile but just didn't have the balls to say it. There are a great bunch of guys on here that help but one can only do so much. I guess I'll start looking at older versions. Hopefully this can be resolved soon! Good Luck!

p.s. Was 8.1.0.5 a decent version?
    Last edited by btufail; 08-24-2011, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by btufail View Post
      Was 8.1.0.5 a decent version?[/B]
      Not sure if I'd say decent, but I honestly don't recall...however, it was still QT.

Depending on what your needs are for the software, I'd look at pre-QT versions...maybe

8082 released on March 15, 2011
      or
      8073 released on January 29, 2011
      If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

I was suffering the same issue. It's a certain relief to know that it is not a problem with my system.
        I think these "qt" versions shouldn't have been released as a final software till all bugs were detected and fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by maineman View Post
          Not sure if I'd say decent, but I honestly don't recall...however, it was still QT.

Depending on what your needs are for the software, I'd look at pre-QT versions...maybe

8082 released on March 15, 2011
          or
          8073 released on January 29, 2011
          For those who did not save their previous versions, here is a link to OldApps that has most, but not all, of the previous DVDFab versions.

I have used DVD Fab for years, but I only use it for a single core operation: to do a full-disk rip of my DVD's and BD's to a folder structure on my HDD. I prefer to use "other apps" to do any and all post-processing such as main title(s) extraction, compression/recoding, .iso rebuilding, burning, etc. I generally load a release version of DVD Fab and continue to use it (ignoring all updates) until I encounter a disk with a new copy protection and am forced to upgrade. Although I've noticed these new QT versions are much slower to work with, I've never had DVD Fab fail to perform the full-disk rip operation for me -- although I have noticed that rip speeds have progressively declined with newer versions.

I realize many people want to use the post-processing features and they are either not working of have become unreliable (one of the reasons I use "other apps"). I just want to report my experience that through all these growing pains the core function of DVD Fab -- decrypting and ripping DVD's and BD's to folder structure -- has remained very solid and reliable for me.
          Life is too short to drink bad wine . . .

Comment

ok... How do I get an older version.. I have the newest 8.1.1.2 QT and totally agree.. I have seen 8.1.0.5 stating it works great, and since we all have paid for this, I would like one that works....So, can anyone tell me where I can get the older versions????
            "Are you still master of your domain?"
            Cosmo Kramer

Comment

Also what functionality do we lose reverting to 8.1.0.5?

New copy protections? (how common are they)
              Will i lose quick sync support?

downloading now but this might be a good place to let us know.
              Will also try new beta (8.1.1.5) but so far i didn't see many "fix:" in the release notes. just more added features.

Comment

Just read the post just before yours and click on ""oldApps"

Originally posted by dcc1048 View Post
                ok... How do I get an older version.. I have the newest 8.1.1.2 QT and totally agree.. I have seen 8.1.0.5 stating it works great, and since we all have paid for this, I would like one that works....So, can anyone tell me where I can get the older versions????

Comment

If you have not tried v8.1.1.5, try that before jumping through a lot of hoops.
                  Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                  Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

8.1.1.5 qt

Well, Even the new Beta Version still have bugs as well, I am still using the 8.0.8.5 to do the job that i need too., The new Beta can not merged two movies in one disk. It's does go through finish what it supposed to do but then when you play on a regular dvd player it's keep said no data on disk or disk error.

Oh, well I used my oldder version to converted it's down to mp4 to play on my droid X phone or my oldder I phone as an intertainment.

I know fengtao team will fix these bugs,

Best regard to everyone, gived them a little bit more time for them to debug it.

Comment

8105 Functionality

Since the advent of the 81xxx qt series, I too am among the many frustrated and sometimes angry users of DVDFab - I am also a 'lifetime member' (and paying customer) having used the programme since version 4 or thereabouts. I have always been a strong supporter and have always recommended it to all without any hesitation. I no longer recommend it to anyone because since the 81xx series was introduced it has become totally useless and as I have said before in this forum (not in this thread) I now use version 8085 as it works perfectly for the 'core functions' that I require - ie, rip BD and/or DVD rip to PS3 MP4 format to my HD for streaming over my home network - That's it... Nothing spectacular or complicated but that CORE FUNCTION has been severely compromised by the developers trying to make what was a truly great product into an 'all singing, all dancing' piece of code that barely functions and which is surely alienating it's many long time users ..... As for Version 8105 - I would love to use it but that's the version which will not play back a BD rip on the PS3 (Blank screen problem which V8106 fixed but with yet more problems...) so even though 8105 does the BD MP4 rip very quickly and without any A/V synch problems using the CUDA functions, I can't play the file back on the PS3! --- 8115 was no improvement at all --- I sincerely hope that the team in Beijing taking these many complaints seriously --- But who knows?

Comment

If you are the longterm user you say, you know that they take problems seriously and correct them, how could you think they would not care about them? It is a business. I promise you, I spend time every day making sure they are aware of new and continuing problems. They have a link to this thread.
                        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

My trial runs out in about an hour lol

Will i get another shot at a trial in a few months or something? to make sure everything is working? I'd have to be a complete idiot to buy dvdfab in its current state where things appear broken all over instead of just one bug i know will be fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by trife View Post
                            My trial runs out in about an hour lol

Will i get another shot at a trial in a few months or something? to make sure everything is working? I'd have to be a complete idiot to buy dvdfab in its current state where things appear broken all over instead of just one bug i know will be fixed.
                            Doubtful, but you'd have to contact the sales/support team directly in Beijing.

The team member names and contacts are scattered throughout the forum, but here are a couple email addresses:

anny@dvdfab.com.

malcolm@dvdfab.com
                            If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Originally posted by whaleshark View Post
                              Since the advent of the 81xxx qt series, I too am among the many frustrated and sometimes angry users of DVDFab - I am also a 'lifetime member' (and paying customer) having used the programme since version 4 or thereabouts. I have always been a strong supporter and have always recommended it to all without any hesitation. I no longer recommend it to anyone because since the 81xx series was introduced it has become totally useless and as I have said before in this forum (not in this thread) I now use version 8085 as it works perfectly for the 'core functions' that I require - ie, rip BD and/or DVD rip to PS3 MP4 format to my HD for streaming over my home network - That's it... Nothing spectacular or complicated but that CORE FUNCTION has been severely compromised by the developers trying to make what was a truly great product into an 'all singing, all dancing' piece of code that barely functions and which is surely alienating it's many long time users ..... As for Version 8105 - I would love to use it but that's the version which will not play back a BD rip on the PS3 (Blank screen problem which V8106 fixed but with yet more problems...) so even though 8105 does the BD MP4 rip very quickly and without any A/V synch problems using the CUDA functions, I can't play the file back on the PS3! --- 8115 was no improvement at all --- I sincerely hope that the team in Beijing taking these many complaints seriously --- But who knows?
                              Hi whaleshark:

What's the firmware version of your PS3?
                              I could play the file which ripped by 8115 normally in PS3 (firmware version: 3.66).

Wilson
                              Last edited by Wilson.Wang; 08-31-2011, 06:43 AM.
                              Please post your logs the default location is:
                              For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
                              For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
                              Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
                              If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X