Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bump. Any suggestions?

Comment

Ok have you added any other dvd copy software? Also do you have an antivirus/firewall program? what might be happening is it is finding dvdfab as a threat and stopping it. The other factor is your reader and burner maybe on their way out. What movies are you trying to backup?\
      Lancool K-56 case.
      OCZ 700watt PSU.
      MSI 990FXA-GD65V2 AM3+.
      AMD 8 core FX-8120 3.1ghz.
      ZALMAN CNPS9900MAX cooler.
      16gb G.skill 1600mhz memory.
      OCZ Agility 120gb SSD.
      WD 2TB.
      EVGA GTX Geforce 550Ti.
      LGWH12LS38 BD-RE

Comment

I added "any" when DVDFab stopped working, so the issue pre-dates that installation. I do have AV/Firewall, but nothing has changed since I originally installed DVDFab (been using it successfully for over a year). When I installed the latest update, it just stopped working. And I know that the reader/burner is fine b/c any doesn't have a problem with it. Backups have been attempted across at least 10 discs - from memory: Kite Runner, Kung Fu Panda2, Rango, Source Code and a few others.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but am at the point where I think a total OS reinstall is going to be required, but trying to avoid that if at all possible.

Comment

Exit the other program. You may need to download a new key and re-register the product. You can get the key in the Member area on the DVDFab website. Let the OS re-install be a last resort! It should not be necessary.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Ok, uninstalled DVDFab and reinstalled, then downloaded and installed the keys from the members area. No change. It hangs on trying to open the disc. The other thing I noticed is I have to tell it there is a disc in the tray (open the file icon and navigate to my BR drive). Before it used to detect it automatically. Could that be a clue?

Comment

Working...
            X