Is there a way to get burn speeds down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a way to get burn speeds down?

I always seem to change burn speeds to 2 or 1x, but defaults of some kind always seem to kick in when burning time comes... is there a way to set a burn speed at 2x and have it actually burn at that speed?

Assuming you are using the VSO burning engine, set as follows:
    Attached Files
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Was not using VSO.. had it set to DvdFab.
      Is VSO a separate product that I have to install (like ImgBurn)?

Comment

When I change it to VSO, I put a blank disc in at the beginning of the conversion... and it the window that it is detecting writable media just sits there and sits there for ever.

Changing back to DvdFab burning engine.

Any ideas why VSO hangs up when trying to verify that there is blank media in the drive?

Comment

I don't know much about the DVDFab engine, haven't used it. I use ImgBurn and set the AWS (Automatic Write Speed) and it detects the media and sets the preselected burn speed for me, never misses! I recommend it.
          How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
          Albert Einstein

Comment

I was using imgburn for a while, but I thought I read somewhere when we do 50>25GB conversions on 3D, that we had to use the Dvdfab engine to burn... perhaps I mis-read the information on how burn doing the 50>25gb 3D conversions?

Comment

Hi, dgrams

Yes, when you burn disc directly for compressing full 3D 50 to 25, you need set the burning engine as DVDFab manually.

Wilson
              Please post your logs the default location is:
              For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
              For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
              Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
              If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

I posted much the same question at Nero's forum
                Basically I was told that the writer determines the best speed for the media and it if thinks that 8x is needed it will burn at 8x even if the program specifies a lower speed. If you want to burn at 2x then you got to find some old media that is rated at 2x. Higher speed media has a more sensitive surface and some writers cannot power the laser down enough to avoid damaging the surface.

Or so I was told.

Regards!

Comment

That's almost correct. A drive's firmware generally specifies a range of speeds that are supported by the drive for the blank you have loaded. Slower is not necessarily always better.
                  Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                  Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

My disks are 2.4x and when dvdfab launches imgburn the write rate is aws . This results in 8x and i get i/o errors . If I launch ImgBurn directly and set speed to 2.4x it runs a 2.4x with no i/o errors. Problem is getting ImgBurn to use this speed when launched from DVDFab.

Comment

Originally posted by chaz View Post
                      My disks are 2.4x and when dvdfab launches imgburn the write rate is aws . This results in 8x and i get i/o errors . If I launch ImgBurn directly and set speed to 2.4x it runs a 2.4x with no i/o errors. Problem is getting ImgBurn to use this speed when launched from DVDFab.
                      That's why I always burn discs within ImgBurn separately from DVDFab. Less headache, less hassle, no coasters... ever.
                      Last edited by SuperFist; 07-08-2012, 12:21 PM.

Comment

Hi chaz
                        Please use the link in my signature to make sure ImgBurn is set up correct.
                        CBR929
                        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Working...
                        X