Can't copy BR since upgrading to a Geforce 670

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Booger007,

I had to edit my sig... using a GTX 690 not a 680... I went from a GTX 580 to GTX 690. I use both CUDA + Software using DVDFab 8196. I also replaced the physX driver with the one you are using... maybe that's why I haven't experienced any issues.
    Board: Supermicro X9DAi
    CPU: Intel Xeon 2.6 GHz (x2)
    Memory: 64 GB of Samsung DDR3 EEC Reg
    HD: (x2) Plextor M5Pro 512GB
    Video: PNY GTX 780
    Optical: Pioneer Blu-ray BDR-S09
    Sound: Creative ZxR
    PowerSupply: Supermicro 1280 Watt
    Case: Supermicro 745BTQ-R1K28B-SQ Tower

Comment

Is there a fix been worked on for this? or do i need to change out my new 670 card...

Comment

Ask NVidia.
        Originally posted by BenieUK View Post
        Is there a fix been worked on for this? or do i need to change out my new 670 card...
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Thank You

Comment

Its strange i have just notioced i can do movie only bluray copy and bd ripper to mkv with cuda enabled with 670 card.. but not full disc bluray copy ...

Comment

Please post the DVDFab internal log from a nonwokring attempt at a Full Disc copy. You know the drill.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                Ask NVidia.
                I don't believe it is the job of Nvidia to cater their top of the line hardware to a particular software. New, improved hardware needs new, updated software. I'm sure they (DVDFab) are working on it.

Sounds like someone is an AMD fanboy

Comment

No I am a Fanboy of NO GPU whatsoever.

All the GPU cards are supposed to conform to a standard and the GPU manufacturers are supposed to provide drivers/software/SDK to allow 3rd party software to access the features.

With every card and driver release you can guarantee that the manufacturers have either provided buggy software or departed from the specs/SDK either because of poor QA or a desire to make their card perform better on some esoteric test to enhance sales.

When the manufacturers can guarantee me a bug-free, compliant environment I may reconsider.

Until then, I'll keep turning all GPU sh1t off!!!
                  Last edited by GregiBoy; 07-29-2012, 09:02 PM.
                  "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I'm also having problems with my video card... For the sake of finding out if it makes a big difference, I upgraded from a GTS450 to a GT640... To find out that DVDFab crashes whenever it's time to encode (exactly the same error as one other member posted earlier). I did the recommended steps of others, updated to the latest DVDFab, install the latest nVidia Geforce and PhysX drivers, to no avail. I normally encode in 2-pass mode for the nicest results, so I decided to try in 1-pass, and whaddaya know, it worked fine.

Funny thing is... the 2-generations-older video card yielded results slightly faster than the newer one! Not a high difference, something like 74fps vs 82, but still, it's quite funny. Good thing I did not splurge on a GTX680 expecting even more speed!

But anyway, I don't know if the fault is DVDFab's or nVidia for this 2-pass crash, but let's hope a future version resolves it

Comment

Originally posted by gregiboy View Post
                      no i am a fanboy of no gpu whatsoever.

All the gpu cards are supposed to conform to a standard and the gpu manufacturers are supposed to provide drivers/software/sdk to allow 3rd party software to access the features.

With every card and driver release you can guarantee that the manufacturers have either provided buggy software or departed from the specs/sdk either because of poor qa or a desire to make their card perform better on some esoteric test to enhance sales.

When the manufacturers can guarantee me a bug-free, compliant environment i may reconsider.

Until then, i'll keep turning all gpu sh1t off!!!
                      nice!!!

Comment

I have the same problem with a gtx 670 I was loaned. I tried both the release and the beta both of which come with CUDA 5.1. I then installed the 4.2 CUDA library thinking the older library would work. Same error message as everyone else here got. The 6xx (Kepler chipset) is also having problem with the BOINC app setiathome which needs to be rewritten to handle CUDA 5.1.

Nvidia forums have been down since July 15 due to a hacking. I have been a member for a long time but never got an email notifying me about the password thefts and found out when I went to their site to lookup these problems with kepler

Comment

Originally posted by moore327 View Post
                          I had to edit my sig... using a GTX 690 not a 680... I went from a GTX 580 to GTX 690. I use both CUDA + Software using DVDFab 8196. I also replaced the physX driver with the one you are using... maybe that's why I haven't experienced any issues.
                          I know this is a few month old thread but the information here would be invaluable. I've been trying to add a video card for video encoding and editing. Finding out results other than gaming and FPS while gaming has been brutal. The more I keep reading the more it seems that these new GTX 600 cards are not good at all for encoding or transcoding movies. I don't do gaming. I'm wondering if some of you can share your experience having used the GTX 500 series cards versus your new 600 series. Some of you are reporting lousy encoding times with the 600 series. I wonder if it is (a) CUDA encoding is crippled as was reported with this series, and (b) whether NVENC isn't being used and is supposed to be nVidia's encoder. I've heard that it's pretty good on speed but not good on quality and that QuickSync is still better all around. It makes me wonder if and when anyone will implement NVENC and whether buying a 570 on the cheap is the best idea. Thank you for all opinions. (BTW, DVDFab crashed often using QS for encoding.)

Comment

Working...
                          X