v8.2.2.2 Expendables 2 playback error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

v8.2.2.2 Expendables 2 playback error

I am currently on your latest 8.2.2.2 version and when I attempt to play a copy of Expendables 2 (used the Blu-ray Full option to create the copy) at the start of Chapter 3 I receive an error from "Lionsgate" that this is a copy protected Blu-ray. It is not a Sony Cinavia type error, but seems to be unique to Lionsgate. I will attempt to re-copy the original Blu-ray (luckily I made an .ISO clone of my original), but this time only select the Main Movie option.

I have also attached the two logs created during this event (burn and internal).

I have also seen other forum members with this problem, so it does not seem 8.2.2.1 (Beta) or my version, 8.2.2.2 has corrected this problem with Lionsgate.

Please provide a solution.

Thanks
    Attached Files

Hi kc7457
    What region are you and also which title did Fab choose?
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
      Hi kc7457
      What region are you and also which title did Fab choose?
      CBR929
      Region 1 and you are not offered an option for "Title" when one selects the "Full Disk" option.

Since my original post, my work-around was to use the "Main Move" option. For that option, where the "Title" is an option, I choose Title 5 - and that copy worked fine. I chose the Titles that has for their times as 1:43:02 rather than 1:42:41 (Title 26) which was initially (the default) chosen by DVDFab. Clearly one want's to select a Title that has 1:43:02, as the are omitted / edited scenes on the 1:42:41 version. (The bar scene where Stallone and Statham, both wearing brass knuckles, hit this huge guy is NOT present in the 1:42:41 version - seems to be edited out)

But I still believe there is a problem with the "Full Disk" option.

Hope this update helps folks as they to circumvent the current ("Full Disk")problems with Expendables 2.

Comment

Glad you found a solution.
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

v8.2.2.4 does NOT correct Expendables 2

Update - v8.2.2.4 does NOT correct the Expendables 2 playback issue. Attached .jpg image is what I get about 20 seconds into playing Chapter 3. The DVDFab team really needs to look into this. I am not wasting any more blank BD-R disks to be your beta tester. Your workaround, as I mentioned previously, is to use the "Main Move" option. Luckily the Full Disk version does not contain any easter eggs / deleted scenes, so you are not missing much by choosing the Main Movie.
          Attached Files

Comment

Did you copy it from the original disc or ISO file?

The ISO has problem with the Java problem, you need copy it from the original disc again.
            DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
            http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Originally posted by fengtao View Post
              Did you copy it from the original disc or ISO file?

The ISO has problem with the Java problem, you need copy it from the original disc again.
              To confirm..its not working with version 8.2.2.4

I did full disc to fit to 25gb disc and after so long into the disc I get the copyright warning up.
              It also moved one chapter and added it at the end of the credits.

Its UK Region original disc ( im trying to back all my originals up )

Ive attached my log file
              Attached Files

Comment

Gary1609

To verify, you were using the original disc when the logs you attached were made?
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                  Gary1609

To verify, you were using the original disc when the logs you attached were made?
                  hi signals
                  I used the original disc and made a mini iso then used virtual drive to mount it and then used bluray copy to get it to fit onto a 25gb disc.
                  Should I have not created the mini iso?

I had always made a mini iso from original disc previously,is this where i have gone wrong with this back up?

Comment

Gary
                    Yes, I think so. It is a java problem I believe and the original disc must be used for the protection to be removed effectively. You can still make the miniso and use it, just not for further processing with DVDFab BD Copy or BD Ripper. Probably better to make the miniso from the final processed (i.e. compressed or main movie etc.) version.
                    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                      Gary
                      Yes, I think so. It is a java problem I believe and the original disc must be used for the protection to be removed effectively. You can still make the miniso and use it, just not for further processing with DVDFab BD Copy or BD Ripper. Probably better to make the miniso from the final processed (i.e. compressed or main movie etc.) version.
                      Didnt work Signals.
                      I backed up directly to disc using the original disc with the same issue which is the warning coming up and 1 chapter being placed after the credits.

I have attached log for you too look at
                      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                      X