X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1186 no good IMO
    ...Death Before Dishonor...

Comment

Agree with J. Realtek 1186 Chipset is crap, Measy is crap!

Realtek support is awful, so is Measy.
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
        Agree with J. Realtek 1186 Chipset is crap, Measy is crap!

Realtek support is awful, so is Measy.
        is this one any better

Mede8er MED600X3D 3D Media Player

Comment

Originally posted by mrbasilbrush View Post
          looks a bit complicated for me , i need a plug and go.....
          what do you think of this one on ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2309416897...84.m1423.l2649
          Greg might know of a good s.t.b. you could find in the uk that will play 3d

Comment

Originally posted by Jonatan View Post
            Greg might know of a good s.t.b. you could find in the uk that will play 3d
            that would be great, thanks..

Comment

@Basil

I haven't had any personal experience with Med8er devices but have had good reports even though it is still based on the Realtek 1186 chipset. I have even hacked their firmware to run on other devices and it doesn't look too bad.

They have a good support forum and there is 3rd party development which are usually good indicators. Also, it looks like there is actually a EU distributor which is a bonus.

The reason that I do not like Realtek is that their previous chipsets (1073 & 1185) firmware had major bugs that they have never got around to fixing much to the detriment of generally a good piece of kit.

What I suggest is that you have a good look around their forum to see what people are complaining about and what are the problems before you make any purchase.

Don't be swayed by all the marketing hype on ANY product such as Internet media, YouTube, etc.

This marketing hype is all B/S and will NEVER work as well as a stand-alone PC!!!

The major reason that you are buying this device is to play your own, locally available media. You will find some shortcomings no matter what you buy.

Hope this helps! (I am onto player number 352!)
              GregiBoy
              Last edited by GregiBoy; 03-08-2013, 10:03 PM.
              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

That alot of boxes

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                  @Basil

I haven't had any personal experience with Med8er devices but have had good reports even though it is still based on the Realtek 1186 chipset. I have even hacked their firmware to run on other devices and it doesn't look too bad.

They have a good support forum and there is 3rd party development which are usually good indicators. Also, it looks like there is actually a EU distributor which is a bonus.

The reason that I do not like Realtek is that their previous chipsets (1073 & 1185) firmware had major bugs that they have never got around to fixing much to the detriment of generally a good piece of kit.

What I suggest is that you have a good look around their forum to see what people are complaining about and what are the problems before you make any purchase.

Don't be swayed by all the marketing hype on ANY product such as Internet media, YouTube, etc.

This marketing hype is all B/S and will NEVER work as well as a stand-alone PC!!!

The major reason that you are buying this device is to play your own, locally available media. You will find some shortcomings no matter what you buy.

Hope this helps! (I am onto player number 352!)
                  GregiBoy
                  i might go for one of these Med8er media players it plays 3d and the forum doesn't seem too bad , odd niggles but they seem to sort them out ok.

Does anybody know what scan computers are like, they have them for sale at £118 compared to amazons £140

Comment

Just a thought

Comment

Check this out will be released this year

YouTube でお気に入りの動画や音楽を楽しみ、オリジナルのコンテンツをアップロードして友だちや家族、世界中の人たちと共有しましょう。

Comment

Working...
                      X