Argo dvd unable to see forced english subpicture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Argo dvd unable to see forced english subpicture

I have ripped Argo from dvd, I noticed that during the scenes when a foreign language is being spoken, the forced english subpicture is not being displaced. I have tried various combinations, forced subpicture on, selected subtitled and various combinations. No matter what i try, i am still unable to see the forced picture when a foreign language is spoken. Watching the dvd, you see the subpicture correctly. I am using dvdfab for mac 8.2.2.6
    can anyone please help, with the correct settings i need for the subpicture.

I also have this problem with the regular bluray 50gig iso using the windows version of Fab.Their is English subtitle's were all English is spoken for all words then their is another English subtitles choice when viewing I belive this is the forced subs.

The part where their at the airport and get questioned their is no subtitles when the guard talks but later on you see some subtitles when they talk a different languish could it be this was meant to be?

I didn't see this in a theater did anyone remember see subs during this part?

Comment

No, my version doesn't have subs there.
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

The translation subs in the Blu-ray I think are burned into the video. There are not that many and there are several spots where non-English is being spoken where there is no translation.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Why would they bother to put them in some places and not others where they count even more such as when they are questioned by the guards?

suspense is at a high point in the movie as we are hoping they get by the guards but can't make out what the head guard is saying and this lasts awhile.

I wonder if its a defect in the film.Does anyone remember any subtitles in this part from a theater showing?

Comment

I will double check my copy when I have some time. Give me the playback time you are referring to so I can find it quickly.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I had this issue with Argo also, but after spending a lot of time troubleshooting, it turned out not to be a DVDFab problem, but a problem with my media software. How are you playing your iso? I was using XBMC media player, which turned out to be the problem. I also have Power DVD 12, and when I finally tried playing my iso file using that, the forced subs worked perfectly. It seems they were there all the time, just not rendered by my media player. You might want to check along this line.

Comment

Time 131:15 to 134:30 When playing with TMT on the computer the subtitles only come on when the member of the film crew speaks non English to the guard while showing the films story boards to the guard.

When the guard speaks non English their are no subtitles this is crazy as it's a one sided translated conversation.VLC player doesn't even play these subtitles and my media player only plays them when subtitles are selected (their are 2 sets to choice from the forced and the normal)

Comment

Hi Glenn.

I have a smattering Farsi after living 8 years in Dubai and I have done some investigating. I think what they are saying is "Passport?"

I have checked 4 sources:-

My original DVD Rip
                  A downloaded MKV file with subs contained
                  A downloaded AVI with subs contained
                  SRT subtitles downloaded from opensubtitles.org

All versions agree with the SRT which I have posted the details here, note the first highlighted section:-

01:31:15,424 --> 01:31:16,771
                  [Farsi]
                  01:31:48,944 --> 01:31:50,246
                  We’re together yes, uh—
                  01:31:54,285 --> 01:31:56,648
                  Pierson’s telling Swissair
                  they’re not on the plane.
                  01:31:56,680 --> 01:31:58,006
                  They should have boarded already.
                  01:31:58,042 --> 01:31:59,918
                  Still no answer in L.A.
                  01:32:24,682 --> 01:32:25,672
                  Sir.
                  01:32:34,997 --> 01:32:38,233
                  [Farsi] Yeah uh, it’s a fantasy story
                  about a war in another world.
                  01:32:38,303 --> 01:32:40,300
                  Here you can see our notices.
                  01:32:40,611 --> 01:32:43,681
                  See? Argo is filmed in Iran.
                  01:32:45,412 --> 01:32:46,985
                  Of course I speak Farsi,
                  01:32:47,003 --> 01:32:49,466
                  I wish to make a movie in Iran.

I also download the Indonesian subtitles so I maintain my proficiency in Bahasa Indonesia and they also agree exactly.
                  Last edited by GregiBoy; 03-29-2013, 11:10 PM.
                  "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I want to know what the head guard is saying not the American guy from the film crew theirs subtitles when he talks in other than English.

The head guard same one that asks for pass ports asks questions and talks a lot in the interrogation room for his talking theirs no subtitles.

Their is subtitles when the American with glasses talks to the guard while showing the guard story boards of the movie.

Why have subtitles for half the talking between the two at a time when the suspense is high.If someone doesn't tell me i am calling the director.
                    I want to know what the guard is saying.Don't we have any translators here?

Comment

DVD FAb 8.2.2.8

If you select English subs- the one that says LARGE next to it the subs work in the foreign language sections of the film. DO NOT select the display only forced checkbox.

I agree not all the things said in Farsi are translated in the subs.

My test was 1:12 into the film, the conversation that takes place at the gate of the ambassador's residence.

This solved my issue, I was trying to rip it to watch on my ipad. Hope this helps.
                      Last edited by dc9driver; 05-07-2013, 02:03 PM.

Comment

There are NO forced subs in the R1 Argo DVD. This aspect of the movie is either poorly authored or it was purposely done to show the fear felt by the non-Farsi speakers as their fate was being discussed (or both). If you copy this using Full Disc they should display normally, if you use Main Movie, Customize or Merge mode you will need to set the default arrow next to the "English: Large" subs stream for them to display automatically. Note that even this will not work with VLC player, which for some reason does not read the IFO files correctly. The defaulting works with TMT5 and other software players.

Comment

Working...
                        X