Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still No Preview Audio

Hi

I am still wondering why I am not hearing any audio when I watch preview in v9145? When I use v8230 and watch the preview I do hear the audio!

What's wrong?

JohnnyJT

Which preview option are you using? I use "Internal" and have no audio problems. You can change it in Common Settings->General->Preview.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

No Preview Audio v9145

v9145 Common Settings/Preview is set to Internal with no audio
      v8230 is set to Direct Show and plays audio when changed to Internal still plays audio. So I switched v9145 to Direct Show and I get an error...
      Problem signature:
      Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
      Application Name: DVDFab.exe
      Application Version: 9.1.4.5
      Application Timestamp: 53731ff6
      Fault Module Name: StackHash_7dc0
      Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
      Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
      Exception Code: c0000005
      Exception Offset: 074c6e80
      OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
      Locale ID: 1033
      Additional Information 1: 7dc0
      Additional Information 2: b4ee5de6a2322745523997a782b35692
      Additional Information 3: 027b
      Additional Information 4: 277e19c30fbd5f6bb531ec9e027c37c3
      Got me?

JohnnyJT

Comment

Run dxdiag.exe to check the version of DirectX you have installed. It should be 9.0c or later.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I have Direct 11

JohnnyJT

Comment

I have no audio with 9145 with internal but have it with direct show.I have direct 11 windows 7 home I-7 with latest drivers and latest windows updates.

Comment

I have same problem- no audio in preview. Default set up is as "Internal". If set up as "Directshow" then DVDFAB crash. I have Window-7 home premium with I-7 processor. I have DxDirect version 11.

Comment

Originally posted by Minesh View Post
                I have same problem- no audio in preview. Default set up is as "Internal". If set up as "Directshow" then DVDFAB crash. I have Window-7 home premium with I-7 processor. I have DxDirect version 11.
                What is fab version?
                What is disc played?
                What is the audio track?
                User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)

DVDFab log default location:
                For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
                For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
                For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

What is fab version?
                  V9145 and beyond have issue. V8230 works OK.

What is disc played?
                  Any blu ray disc.

What is the audio track?
                  Any Dolby Digital and DTS.

Comment

Check the audio card's mixer, if it's like mine, DVDFab will install a preview volume control and if it is muted you won't hear the audio. See attached:
                    Attached Files
                    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                    Albert Einstein

Comment

By the way you have to have DVDFab open and the preview playing to see the volume control in the mixer or however you access them:
                      Attached Files
                      How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                      Albert Einstein

Comment

Thanks 90312.

I checked in my PC and my volume is 100% for DVDFAB application. I don't have audio problem in DVDFAB version 8.xxx.

Comment

Originally posted by Minesh View Post
                          Thanks 90312.

I checked in my PC and my volume is 100% for DVDFAB application. I don't have audio problem in DVDFAB version 8.xxx.
                          How about change Preview decoder setting?
                          I never met your issue.
                          User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)

DVDFab log default location:
                          For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
                          For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
                          For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

Also, please check your sound card and its driver to see if they are up to date. We can't reproduce your issue.

Comment

I have the same issue with no sound in preview and it has been this may for quite a few releases. I am currently using 9.1.9.5.

The "success" sound that plays when an operation finishes is working fine but the preview audio is not working on the Internal options. The attached image shows that the preview is using the "Speakers" playback device even though my USB headset is the default playback device and it has been the default device for many months.

If I change the preview mode to DirectShow the audio works fine. The problem with using the DirectShow is the lack of ability to edit, so in order to edit you have to use the internal decoder but a lack of audio makes editing a little tricky.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by CodeMonkey; 04-05-2015, 12:02 PM. Reason: forgot to mention editing

Comment

Working...
                              X