Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Customize

Does the Customize function work?

I have a 33 Gig Main Movie ripped to my HDD and now I want to split it in two to fit 2 BR discs. With Customize I selected chapters 1 thru 9 and got a 16.5 Gig Part 1 but when I tried to select chapters 10 thru 17 I got a 24 Gig part 2. That amounts to over 40 Gig. Does Customize not work on a main movie that's already ripped?

I used the Main Movie function to try to split the movie (the copy on my HDD) on my second try and got a 18 Gig Part 1 and a 14 Gig Part 2. Does this make sense? I am confused.

Should not matter that it is already decrypted. There are some features in BD Customize that work a little differently than the Customize feature for DVDs due to the differences in the way the discs are authored. But I am not sure what you are seeing. Sounds like Main Movie splitting by chapter was the way to go, but I have never tried that. Glad you found a way to make it work.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Here is what I'm seeing, a 10 Gig difference in file size for the same 51 minute movie segment . . .
      Attached Files

Comment

DVDFab has never been designed to accurately perform these types of functions. For these types of needs, I use MultiAVCHD by Dean Kasabow in 2009. It's a free program that was developed to address needs such as these. It does not decrypt and copy discs so it is not in competition with DVDFab.
        Last edited by SuperFist; 08-24-2014, 09:54 PM.

Comment

bluesnow, please supply the log session(s) from the 33GB Main Movie for Main Movie and Customize modes.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
            bluesnow, please supply the log session(s) from the 33GB Main Movie for Main Movie and Customize modes.
            I don't have any log for Customize because I didn't go through with the session having seen such an error. I will though and post them both when I get it finished.

Thanks for your interest.

Comment

I cleared all my logs as there were many and they were large. I then ran both Main Movie and Customize on the same 51 minute movie segment. The Main Movie process resulted in a 14.5 Gig file set while the Customize function resulted in a 24 Gig file set.

It appears as though Customize included the about 34 minutes from the beginning of the original movie, followed by the 51 minute segment I had asked for.

Logs attached.
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X