Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was being simplistic. It does it for BD+ protected disks.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

bluray keys

To my understanding, most dvds and blurays up until the end of 2007 used the same main processing key. I would suspect that since then they have varied the keys between the products. So each newer product would have a unique key for that title. I would also suspect the possibility they on reprinting an older title, the maker may make a new master that also would now have its own unique key, since the original key was broken and entered the public arena.

also update - Beijing time Fri 9:26 AM and DVDFAB servers still not functioning.

Comment

This software officially sucks

Just paid for it last week, everything was fine now I can't rip any Blu-Rays...even ones I ripped before. I'm done with their constant problems.

Comment

Hi,
          I am just starting and having the problem with; internet is required to open BR Disk, please allow. I have done that and still have the message. The program won't read to the disk, Management. As stated, this is my 1st effort. My burner is an LG Wh10LS30.
          I did try 4 times before getting this message, failed each time, then the message, and can't get started.
          Thanks for any help

Comment

Originally posted by jmhardy View Post
            Just paid for it last week, everything was fine now I can't rip any Blu-Rays...even ones I ripped before. I'm done with their constant problems.
            Could you expand on the "constant problems"?

Comment

DVDFab and DVDFabPasskey

I would like to have the BD's key database to be within the software as that would be far more efficient to have the software work without internet connection.

Comment

Originally posted by boostman View Post
                DVDFab and DVDFabPasskey

I would like to have the BD's key database to be within the software as that would be far more efficient to have the software work without internet connection.
                True it would work better, but the question is how much space is required for the keys?

It would be nice if it worked as a virus program works where it updates the keys upon start, or every day, etc.

Comment

Keys Should be on Hard Drive!

Who cares how much space is required. PC's today have 100's of Gbytes of hard drive space.

Comment

It is not 10:43 am in Bejing, and The software has been down ALL day.
                    Others have said "wait for the people to wake up in Bejing, and it will be fixed." Amazingly, it is still down, and their lunch time is approaching. And I STILL cannot use the software (also APPARENTLY ALL other users as well.).
                    There has not even been any reply's to emails to support.
                    Support has not even posted anything on this forum as to the status.

We are just sitting in the dark. Literally in the dark, because, this morning when I started, is was light out all day now it is dark outside.

And as far as the storage of the keys on the pcs - Users of Bluray to bluray are probably not backing up to media when dual layer media is 15 bucks a pop. They are backing us 45 gig files to a large hdd . How many Kilobytes will the text of all bluray movies ever made take up?
                    Worrying about the storage space of the keys is like an ocean liner worrying that there is an extra phone book on board

As to the question of this happening before. google search for the error, and look at all of the varying dates. Seeing so many dates scares me some.
                    I also had wasted some time trying to trouble shoot this earlier. Only to find out this is a FEATURE.
                    Last edited by sirken; 04-09-2010, 03:07 AM.

Comment

so has this problem been happening every now and again? I am a new user to dvdfab so am not up todate on the history of the program.. if it does happen frequently then usually how long does it take it to come back up?

Comment

@sirken
                        The problem will be fixed. I understand your frustration, but please refrain from the type of comments you have made in this thread. It will not get it fixed any faster.
                        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

im sure they are hard at work on the problem.. Great program

Comment

Internet Connection Required. Firewall Claimed - None Enabled

7.0.3.0 and 2 earlier builds plus 6.2.1.8

XP SP3 recent (2 weeks ago) no issues BD to ISO fine. Internet connection fine DVDFab forum, 7.0.3.0 DL & install tonight perefect. Still cries no internet connection. Time Warner Business Cable HS to my residence everything working. Somewhere the destination is getting blocked. Wherever you have the "keys" youre getting blocked

Comment

Just to let signals and DVDFab people know: This is not working for me either: very frustrating as this is the only way on a non HDCP system to watch Bluray! Add another layer of frustration in that I've just given you guys another $60! It IS a great program but a server link to decode BD seems to be the Achilles heal.

Comment

I would think the keys would take up less space then the 40G's of hard disk space that it takes to backup a blueray. A small price to pay for software that works when I would like to use it.

Comment

Working...
                                X