This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fengtao View Post
    I just made a main movie copy of Avatar with all subtitles. I play the backup on sony blu-ray player, and turn off subtitle, when people say Navi, the English subtitle is shown, so it looks no problem.
    I also made a backup copy of Avatar "Movie only" to BD25 and I also have no problems with the forced subtitles playing back on my PC with PowerDVD (or my Pioneer BDP-320 player I'm sure). I used the EXACT same technique for Avatar as I did for all the other movies that AREN'T displaying correctly. Ironman, Kill Bil, etc. So is is the way the studio discs are mastered? There must be some difference in the way the subtitles are implented. I'm confident somebody out there can figure this out.

I can play Ironman original disc with PowerDVD and forced subtitles display (see 1:17 where bad guys round up villagers). However, the ISO Main Movie rip played on PowerDVD mounted with VirtualClone Drive does NOT properly display the forced subtitles. UNLESS I rip it in "Full Disc" mode. Kill Bill, same thing, probably scores of other titles.

It's been incorrectly stated that software players can't display forced subs. Well my setup can and I would very much like to not burn (waste) any more blank BR discs until somebody will at least admit this is a problem. Even your International Moderator is resigned to telling users to jump through 3 or 4 more hoops to "extract and remux" if you want a proper movie backup. Really?

So there's nothing wrong with DVDFab...but if you want your backup to work right do all of these 1,2,3,4, etc. things. Really? I mean, it's not possible this is an issue with DVDFab even though there's been 7 beta versions in a month fixing various issues. What does irony smell like?

I apologize for digressing once again but it's been a bit frustrating spending time and money on this. Then a big shot of hopefullness when Mr. Fengtao chimed in and said he would take a look at this problem. THEN, next post is ehh no problems here! Back to being frustrated.

I wonder how well the AMEX charge dispute system works?

Regards,
    Lee

Comment

Dear Lee,
      your frustration is understandable, but you blame on others (or software) is not. And here's why. There are bunch of people who have no issues with that, their backups working fine and subs displayed - I'm one of those "happy campers". This proves that DVDFab did its job. It will be silly to think that DVDFab has suddenly decided to work only for every other user or something...
      If you would read this thread from the beginning, along with few other threads on this forum, you would find the explanation.
      Yes, studios wanted to impress viewers with cool looking font and all that. As I mentioned before, for whatever reason related to your computer, subs weren't displayed properly on software players. Software players can't see them.
      If your Pioneer BDP-320 player can't see them, you should check for new firmware. Most of the manufacturers issued new Avatar-related firmware update.
      sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
      For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

You are saying that there are many "happy campers" with forced subtitles in "movie only" mode. So then my question is how? I can't see to get it to work. Is it because I need to choose only ONE subtitle? I choose them all... is that the problem, or shouldn't that matter?

I guess I'm asking is for a guide for a newbie on how to backup Kill Bill or 2012 or other movies with forced subs in movie only mode. I appreciate any helpful input.
        Last edited by jedisinclair; 05-16-2010, 09:02 PM.

Comment

So Jedi, it looks like we have 2 options.

Spend 4 times as much on 50GB Blank discs, or compress a full disc down to 25Gb which is good for a 50% hit on quality most of the time. Great....

Comment

Originally posted by jedisinclair View Post
            You are saying that there are many "happy campers" with forced subtitles in "movie only" mode. So then my question is how? I can't see to get it to work. Is it because I need to choose only ONE subtitle? I choose them all... is that the problem, or shouldn't that matter?

I guess I'm asking is for a guide for a newbie on how to backup Kill Bill or 2012 or other movies with forced subs in movie only mode. I appreciate any helpful input.
            jedisinclair
            I don't even know what to say or add to my previous posts... I explained what the problem is with Avatar... In regards to other movies - I don't have them, never seen them, never heard about any problems associated with forced subs there.
            I can only tell what I've done - and I do have subs in Avatar - but my experience probably wouldn't help much because I have different concept of viewing my movies and backup. I can only tell that original DVD/BD is my backup .
            And I didn't do anything special with Avatar either: loaded disc, ripped it to my HDD, loaded this rip back into DVDFab, selected BR2BR, Main Movie, BD9, selected english subs, audio, remove HD, go next, no changes in volume name (I never do it after figuring out that this can kick you in behind), click, click, turn off monitor, come back in 3 hrs - completed successfully. I never multitask computer during conversion either.
            That is it!!!!

And quite frankly, I think continuation of this thread is fruitless, but that's my opinion.
            sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
            For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
            For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
            Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Another experiment with the movie "Taken". Another no forced subs fail. Add it to the list.

Comment

I'm with Ipopov50 here, this thread is going round in ever decreasing circles and no one is learning anything... Please end it!!!!

Comment

Dear all,

We will test Iron Man to see what's the difference to Avatar.

Best Regards,
                  Fengtao
                  DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
                  http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Dear all,

We have tested Iron Man and Taken, and result is listed below:

1. Iron Man, there is no forced subtitle, even if enable English subtitle, when the bad guy is saying non-English, there is no subtitle.

2. Taken, the forced subtitle in located in English subtitle, so it's same as Avatar. If you want to have the forced subtitle, a) for Blu-ray to Blu-ray, choose the English subtitle, and make the Main Movie copy; b) for Blu-ray to Mobile, choose the English subtitle, check "Display forced subtitle only" and do conversion.

Best Regards,
                    Fengtao
                    Last edited by fengtao; 05-19-2010, 07:32 AM.
                    DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.

Comment

Dear all,

Please try DVDFab 7062 to see the result:

Best Regards,
                      Fengtao

Comment

Working...
                      X