No announcement yet.

Reading/Writing error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm curious if this Reading error was ever solved? I am trying to back up Avatar and I am having the same problem. However, it appears that my error is coming up before BlackDog's, since mine appears upon initial scan, and the software will not let me proceed to copying. I am trying to copy to the hard drive. I thought it was a problem with my dvd software, powerdvd, because I was prompted to update that software when I inserted my dvd. However, upon updating the software, and being able to subsequently play the Avatar DVD, I was still getting the error on dvdfab. Thus, I'm thinking it's a problem with dvdfab. I will follow this with my log.

Comment

DVDFab 8.0.0.5 (2010/08/29 21:36:55)

0m 01.12s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1
      0m 04.91s: detected blu-ray
      0m 04.93s: drive D
      0m 04.93s: blu-ray type 1
      0m 04.93s: volume label RED_BIRD_2D_WW
      0m 05.10s: root 3C64BD5ARED_BIRD:RED_BIRD_2D_WW:RED_BIRD_2D_WW:RED _BIRD_2D_WW
      0m 05.86s: aacs 1 bd+ 1
      0m 11.65s: got discinfo
      0m 11.77s: got bdmv
      0m 11.77s: got agid
      0m 11.81s: sent host cert chal
      0m 11.81s: got drive cert chal
      0m 11.82s: got drive key
      0m 11.82s: got host key signature
      0m 11.82s: verified drive signature
      0m 11.82s: verified host signature
      0m 11.87s: sent host signature and key point
      0m 11.87s: got bus key
      0m 11.87s: got volume id
      0m 11.87s: got volume id mac
      0m 11.87s: volume id is correct
      0m 11.87s: got vid
      0m 11.91s: blu-ray 6C9537A83142FBA28687953B198617D614E7E642
      0m 14.97s: got vuk
      0m 14.97s: got fut
      0m 15.19s: got unit key 7
      0m 18.31s: got extended bdinfo

Comment

2010-08-29 21:38:03 ---- ******************** Log session stop 29-Aug 21:38:03.591 PID 3068********************
        2010-08-29 21:36:56 Info Current Drive selected : 0:1:0 - Optiarc BD ROM BC-5600S 1.03 [D] (Ide)
        2010-08-29 21:36:56 Info Using Advanced SPTI interface
        2010-08-29 21:36:56 Info System default language : English (United States)
        2010-08-29 21:36:56 Info User default language : English (United States)
        2010-08-29 21:36:56 Info DLL Version : 4.0.11.473
        2010-08-29 21:36:56 Info DLL : C:\Program Files\DVDFab 8\vso_hwe.dll
        2010-08-29 21:36:56 Info Version : 8, 0, 0, 5
        2010-08-29 21:36:56 Info ExeName : C:\Program Files\DVDFab 8\DVDFab.exe
        2010-08-29 21:36:56 Info OS : Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium (Build 7600)
        2010-08-29 21:36:56 ---- ******************** Log session start 29-Aug 21:36:56.248 PID 3068********************

Comment

Originally posted by Rob_NYC View Post
          I'm curious if this Reading error was ever solved? I am trying to back up Avatar and I am having the same problem. However, it appears that my error is coming up before BlackDog's, since mine appears upon initial scan, and the software will not let me proceed to copying. I am trying to copy to the hard drive. I thought it was a problem with my dvd software, powerdvd, because I was prompted to update that software when I inserted my dvd. However, upon updating the software, and being able to subsequently play the Avatar DVD, I was still getting the error on dvdfab. Thus, I'm thinking it's a problem with dvdfab. I will follow this with my log.
          Hey RobNYC,

The reading error was resolved by cleaning the disk and drive.

I think I may have resolved the ISO skipping error by updating my graphic card drivers but I have to go back to check an old HDD rip.

I think that as DVDFab requires a more complete reading of the disk, copies that will playback fine might have minor errors that show up during DVDFAb analyzing.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Okay. I will make sure the disk has been cleaned, although it's fairly new so I'd be surprised if that fixes it. Further, my drive is just a couple of months old, so I'd also be surprised if that's the culprit. I've not had any problems with other discs, so that tells me it's either this specific Avatar disk or it's an issue with DVDFab reading this particular disc (other than the cleaning issue).

Also, I should have mentioned in my initial posting that in a previous problem I was having with scanning time, just a week ago, I updated my driver for my BR drive, so that shouldn't be the problem.

I'll try cleaning the disc tonight. If anybody has any other ideas, I'd appreciate it.

Comment

It is not an issue with DVDFab. I just re-ripped my original again to try it and it worked fine using Main Movie mode.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I guess I'm officially stumped then. I tried cleaning the BR disc and that didn't fix the problem. I can still play it on my htpc but as soon as I try to rip on DVDfab, it gives me a read error, "Reading/Writing Error Control". I was able to rip the title right below the main movie, so I'm not sure what that tells me. Obviously it can read that portion of the disc. Still seems to me to be a decryption problem. If anybody has other ideas, I'd appreciate it.

Comment

Just because it can play and you able to watch it does not mean it a bad pressed Blu-ray. It shows that you have problem with the main movie so DVDFab and any other program that can back up Blu-ray will have same problem. Maybe you can give VSO Inspector a try to see if this Blu-ray is bad disc. It a free program that can tell you if any read errors on on the disc but you will need DVDFab Passkey installed and running while you use it on the Blu-ray

Comment

Reading/Writing Error Control

I have not been able to copy or rip a single BRD?
                    I am running DVD Fab 8.0.5.0. I Originally downloaded the most current version when I made my purchase yesterday. This was followed by a number of failed rips/copy. After reformatting and installing Vista I had to re download from Avangate and downloaded 8.0.5.0. The problem of course continued:

Reading/Writing Error Control
                    F:\[EXAMPLE]
                    Error while reading! Please choose what to do?
                    RETRY ABORT IGNORE IGNORE ALL

Tried:
                    Ignore=Fail
                    Ignore All=Fail
                    Retry=Fail
                    Abort= And program becomes unresponsive

Tried disabling read ahead cache=fail

I have had nothing but success with older versions of the software on the same machine in the past?

LOGS ATTACHED******
                    Attached Files
                    MyBanus:
                    DVDFab 8.0.5.0
                    HP M9340f
                    Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6700 @ 2.66 GHz
                    6GB Ram
                    64 Bit Windows Vista Premium SP1
                    Sony BDUX10S
                    NVidia GeForce 9500 GS

Comment

@ MyBanus
                      Please try the newest version here http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=10840
                      CBR929
                      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Working...
                      X