v8118 read problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

v8118 read problem

I am having the same problem. It was working fine with Windows XP but now that I've updated to Windows 7 it will no longer read the Blu Ray but just continue to scan. I tried a different drive & still am getting the same results. It will scan & rip with DVDFab Passkey without problems. I've included the internal log file as well. Currently on 8.1.2.1.
    Attached Files

JALCAD

Your problem is not the same, and may not be even similar, so I am moving it to its own thread so you can get individualized support. I would suggest you try the latest version of DVDFab and post another log. Use the same disc as before if you have it handy.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I was using 8.1.2.1 when I tried this. If I use DVDFab Passkey & rip it to the hard drive or iso file I can open either the iso file or the folders up & it will scan & work as normal. I originally had an LG WHo8LS20 drive that had some reports of not being Windows 7 compatibale so I installed a new Pioneer BDR0206D tonite & it is still giving me the same problem. The log file that I sent was the latest one using 8.1.2.1

Comment

Any ideas on this yet. Looks like I'm not the only one that is having problems with it reading the discs. Has to be something in DVDFab as the DVDFab Passkey can read & rip the disc to the hard drive as an ISO or the folders without problems. I can then open those files up with DVDFab & compress them as before.

Comment

Tried this again with another disk & still get the same results. Here's the log file from Version 8.0.8.5. I did uninstall the latest version & install 8.0.8.5 as this one seemed to fix a similar problem that another person had. Also this disk will rip OK to an ISO file using DVDFab Passkey. I can then open that ISO file with DVDFab & compress it without any problems.

DVDFab 8.0.8.5 (2011/09/24 17:53:10)

0m 01.62s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 bd23d 1 bd2dvd 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1
          0m 04.55s: detected blu-ray
          0m 04.55s: drive I
          0m 04.55s: blu-ray type 1
          0m 04.55s: volume label JANE_EYRE_DOM
          0m 38.34s: got copyright 0 0
          1m 08.71s: opened dvd
          10m 11.38s: terminate process

Comment

It has been mentioned that bluray ripping required internet connection.
            Is there any chance that firewall or router settings are blocking a necessary process?
            I have not been able to open any bluray with any QT version of DVDFab.
            PassKey will open and rip each disc perfectly.
            Packard Bell
            Intel 8300 2.5gb Quad core
            4gb ram
            ATI HD4850 1gb
            Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
            Liteon iHOS104 Bluray drive (read only)
            Norton 360 antivirus & firewall

Comment

Tried it with & without the firewall turned on & still get the same opening disc dialog that won't go away.

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                JALCAD

Your problem is not the same, and may not be even similar, so I am moving it to its own thread so you can get individualized support. I would suggest you try the latest version of DVDFab and post another log. Use the same disc as before if you have it handy.

Boy I'm sure glad you moved this for individual support. I'd hate to see it how much support it would have got in a thread with something else.

Comment

You have been a member here long enough to know that you can't hijack another user's thread. If you want individual support from the DVDFab staff you can wait until the holiday there is over.
                  Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                  Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                    You have been a member here long enough to know that you can't hijack another user's thread. If you want individual support from the DVDFab staff you can wait until the holiday there is over.
                    What other users thread did I hijack. Every post in this thread has been mine except for the two from you and one other user. Trying to get an answer to a problem that seems to be happening to more than just myself.

Comment

Originally posted by JALCAD View Post
                      What other users thread did I hijack. Every post in this thread has been mine except for the two from you and one other user. Trying to get an answer to a problem that seems to be happening to more than just myself.
                      Hi JALCAD
                      The reason you do not see your post in the other members thread is because we moderators have the power to move and or delete posts.
                      Please lower your tone and do not try to get in a heated debate with a moderator, it will get you nothing but a vacation from the forum, or banned.

When installing Fab, did you install the installer as administrator?
                      If not please do, also make sure to check what seanamos suggested about your firewall, virus protection and router.

Thank you
                      CBR929

EDIT
                      Where are the logs using the pioneer drive and is the firmware up to date on the drive.
                      There is a newer version of Fab you will find it here http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=14782
                      Last edited by CBR929; 10-08-2011, 02:04 AM. Reason: EDIT
                      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

My problem has not yet been solved either.
                        None of the suggested actions/changes have made any difference.
                        I have completely disabled my anti virus and firewall but it made no difference.
                        I have installed as administrator and it made no difference.
                        I don't know what to change in my router, it was an idea that I hoped the experts would have some insight into.

Maybe there should be a new thread where everyone who is having the "endless openning source" issue lists their specs so that the experts can find common elements that may be causing the issue.
                        Packard Bell
                        Intel 8300 2.5gb Quad core
                        4gb ram
                        ATI HD4850 1gb
                        Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
                        Liteon iHOS104 Bluray drive (read only)
                        Norton 360 antivirus & firewall

Comment

Here's the log file from the Pioneer for both 8.1.2.5

DVDFab 8.0.8.5 (2011/10/07 21:05:43)

0m 05.10s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 bd23d 1 bd2dvd 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1
                          3m 20.58s: detected blu-ray
                          3m 20.58s: drive I
                          3m 20.58s: blu-ray type 0
                          3m 20.58s: volume label
                          12m 10.66s: detected blu-ray
                          12m 10.66s: drive I
                          12m 10.66s: blu-ray type 1
                          12m 10.66s: volume label THE_BLIND_SIDE

DVDFab 8.0.8.5 (2011/10/07 22:06:38)

DVDFab 8.1.2.5 (2011/10/07 22:06:57)

0m 01.88s: Qt Translator file load success
                          0m 02.23s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 bd23d 1 bd2dvd 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1
                          0m 11.34s: detected blu-ray
                          0m 11.34s: drive I
                          0m 11.34s: blu-ray type 1
                          0m 11.34s: volume label THE_BLIND_SIDE
                          1m 51.94s: aacs 1 bd+ 0
                          27m 17.99s: got discinfo

I also tried those suggestions from seanamos with no difference in solving the problem. I even went back to 8.0.8.5 as that seemed to help others & still wouldn't work properly like it did in Windows XP.
                          Uninstalled all of the DVDfabs & reinstalled using administrator & still get the same results. Here's the log from the new install
                          DVDFab 8.1.2.5 (2011/10/08 08:59:03)

0m 01.45s: Qt Translator file load success
                          0m 01.76s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 bd23d 1 bd2dvd 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1
                          0m 41.27s: detected blu-ray
                          0m 41.27s: drive I
                          0m 41.27s: blu-ray type 1
                          0m 41.68s: volume label THE_BLIND_SIDE
                          2m 22.31s: aacs 1 bd+ 0
                          27m 35.32s: got discinfo
                          Last edited by Guest; 10-08-2011, 01:50 PM. Reason: removed arguementive comments

Comment

Please try the new release, v8.1.2.6. Post a new internal log if it still does not work correctly.

Comment

Tried the new release & that didn't work either. Then just today updated it again. Still no luck trying to do blurays. Regular DVDs will work though.

Here's the log from todays try
                              DVDFab 8.1.2.8 (2011/10/15 13:32:02)

0m 02.82s: Qt Translator file load success
                              0m 02.93s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 bd23d 1 bd2dvd 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1
                              1m 05.66s: detected blu-ray
                              1m 05.67s: drive I
                              1m 05.67s: blu-ray type 1
                              1m 05.67s: volume label THE_BLIND_SIDE
                              5m 26.01s: aacs 1 bd+ 0
                              100m 40.04s: got discinfo

At 15:44 I canceled the Open Blu Ray Source dialog box.

Comment

Working...
                              X