Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Title Order Change Missing in Version 9?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Title Order Change Missing in Version 9?

DVDFab 9.1.0.6 is my first experience with version 9.

While I appreciate the new ability to make a simple menu when converting BluRay to DVD, however have some features that were in version 8 been removed?

Specifically, has the ability to change the order of the selected titles been removed in version 9? I ask because I'm attempting to convert a disc with two episodes, and instead of selecting the first title, which is also the first episode, DVDFab is instead selecting the second title as default. Though I can select the first title to add it to the conversion process, I cannot find any way to make the first title play first in the resulting DVD.

I believe DVDFab is selecting title 2 as the default because the m2ts file associated with it is larger than the m2ts file for title 1.

In version 8 I could move the title playback order to anything I wanted, but has this ability been removed from version 9?

If the option is "hidden" somewhere in the version 9 interface, please let me know where.

EDIT of prior message: I can move titles in the "other titles" list by dragging and dropping, but I can not move any of those before the default title that DVDFab selects. Also, the default title cannot be moved down into the "other titles" list. This makes it impossible for me to move title 1 (episode 1) before title 2 (episode 2) as desired. Because of the separate screen in DVDFab 8 that allows movement of titles without having them separated, this was not a problem. As a matter of a fact, DVDFab actually puts title 1 before title 2, which is what I want. However, I cannot create a menu like I can in DVDFab 9, so switching back to version 8 is not a solution.

Comment

Could one of the DVDFab support team please confirm if this is a shortcoming of the current DVDFab version 9, or if not, what I am doing wrong in my effort to put the correct title 1 before the title 2 that DVDFab selects as the main title? I just downloaded 9.1.0.8 Beta and the issue seems to be still there.

It appears to me that in the effort to make DVDFab 9 have a cleaner and simpler user interface, the seemingly useful partition between the autoselected "main title" and "other titles" was created, but an unforeseen consequence of this feature is that the power to select multiple titles and have complete control over the order has been removed.

Request that the ability to override the (sometimes wrong) autoselected main title as the first to play be restored.

Thanks,
      Kevin Fritz

Comment

See the changelog for v9.1.1.0, with that or a later version you can click and drag the titles up or down to change the order in Split mode, it may work in Customize also, I have not had time to try it yet.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
          See the changelog for v9.1.1.0, with that or a later version you can click and drag the titles up or down to change the order in Split mode, it may work in Customize also, I have not had time to try it yet.
          I tried 9.1.1.1, and the problem persists. When I am converting the BluRay with two episodes (the 1st a bit smaller than the 2nd), DVDFab insists on picking the larger 2nd episode (which is the 2nd title) as the main/default title, and no dragging to/from the "other titles" list can override this to make the 1st episode/title play first on the resulting DVD.

I found that this dragging method of changing titles existed in 9.1.0.6 (see my 2nd post in this thread), and 9.1.1.1 seems no different. So dragging and dropping doesn't seem like a new feature, though perhaps it was undocumented in 9.1.0.6? Is there perhaps a more detailed method of ordering that I'm missing, like the screen with the up and down arrows that existed in version 8?

Thanks,
          Kevin

Comment

Not currently to my knowledge, but it should be added. There is work underway on Customize mode, maybe an improvement in title management can be made part of that.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks. It's good to hear that there is work on the cutomization.

In the meantime, I'll go back to version 8 and just skip having a menu for now.

Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by kevinfritz View Post
                I tried 9.1.1.1, and the problem persists. When I am converting the BluRay with two episodes (the 1st a bit smaller than the 2nd), DVDFab insists on picking the larger 2nd episode (which is the 2nd title) as the main/default title, and no dragging to/from the "other titles" list can override this to make the 1st episode/title play first on the resulting DVD.
                Kevin,
                What is your source disc?Seasons or TV Serires or the moive only?
                If your source has two episodes(suppose the seasons), dvdfab would recognize it as the following, see the attachment plz.
                If so, drag the titles up or down to change the order in the main movie list.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Edison; 12-02-2013, 03:45 AM.
                I'm not a genius, but to make every effort to do it.
                Edison

Comment

Originally posted by Edison View Post
                  Kevin,
                  What is your source disc?Seasons or TV Serires or the moive only?
                  If your source has two episodes(suppose the seasons), dvdfab would recognize it as the following, see the attachment plz.
                  If so, drag the titles up or down to change the order in the main movie list.
                  Hello Edison,

It can best be described as a 4 part mini-series, with two episodes on each of two bluray discs. Unfortunately for the two episodes on the second disc (parts 3 and 4 of the mini-series), ONLY episode 4 shows above the other titles area, even though episode 3 is close (a bit smaller) in size. As a result I cannot drag episode 3 (title 1 on the disc) from the "other titles" area where it appears into the top portion of the menu to make it precede episode 4 (title 2 on the disc). Episode 4 is selected at the top and is the ONLY title shown there, and I can select episode 3 in the other titles section to process both to a DVD with menu, but episode 4 is played BEFORE episode 3 because of the inability to reorder them.

The BluRay in question is:

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/physics...of-cosmos.html

Would you like some kind of diagnosis of this problem disc uploaded? If so, please advise how I can generate it for upload.

Thanks,
                  Kevin

Comment

Dear Kevin,
                    Thanks for your quick reply, we would deal with this issue as soon
                    Edison

Comment

Dear Kevin,
                      Thanks for your quick reply, we would deal with this issue as soon
                      Great - appreciate it. I am at my computer and have attached a screen capture of what I see in DVDFab 9.1.1.1 with this problem disc. You can see that title 1 (episode 3) is in the other titles section, and it can be selected in addition to title 2 (episode 4), but it cannot be moved before title 2.

Kevin
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hello Kevin,

Try to use the latest official version to load your source. And let we know the result, thanks.
                        Edison

Comment

Hello Kevin,

Try to use the latest official version to load your source. And let we know the result, thanks.
                          Sorry, I had been away from backing up my movies for a couple months.

I just tried version 9.1.2.9 Beta, and the problem is still there. Title 2 (episode 4) on the 2nd disc is selected as the main title, and title 1 (episode 3) is in the "Other Titles" section, and I cannot find a way to put it before title 2.

Perhaps you could add a "version 8 compatibility" mode that turns off the version 9 enhancement that attempts to select the main title for the user?

Thanks for trying,
                          Kevin

Comment

Hi kevinfritz,

I will improve it in next version, thanks for your feedback.

Best Regards,
                            Fengtao
                            DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
                            http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Hi Fengtao,

I appreciate it! Thanks for your time to personally respond.

I see a lot of promise and improvement over the months, and I'll wait patiently.

Regards,
                              kevinfritz

Comment

Working...
                              X