Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When disk converts it creates 5 VTS files

HI Folks

Further to my earlier post where replay of a Blu Ray converted to DVD with version 9 caused problems on my sons blu ray player. It happened with Man of Steel and Wolverine where 5 different VTS folders were created in the sub folder each lasting around 30mins. He told me that after around 30mins the blu ray froze and he had to manually restart to move the movie on to the next chapter.

Has anyone else come across this, if so is it a settings issue on my part as I cant see anything obvious.

In the fullness of time I will retrieve the discs from him to try on my machine but he lives 50 miles away.

Any help would be appreciated

I have updated to the newest version today

Pete

Hi,

Please post the internal log and burn log files.
    Please tell us the model of the standalone player.

Wilson
    Please post your logs the default location is:
    For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
    For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
    If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

System Log File

Hi Wilson

I have attached the log but also tried a screen print of what is in the folders, but it was 175kb so the system wouldnt accept the upload.

I am not an expert but have used previous versions and they never showed multiple chapters as can be seen in the expanded Video TS folder.

Hope all this helps

His Blu-ray player is an LG model, sorry cant be any more specific meantime.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

You should burn the folder to disc or play the folder directly on your player instead of playing the VTS...VOB files.

Wilson
        Please post your logs the default location is:
        For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
        For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
        If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Hi Wilson

Think I know what you mean. I usually burn the folder to IMG burn as my wifes parents have an old dvd player. If I choose burn the folder option it tells me that there is a number of files contained within and it must imprint them singly on the blank media.

Is this maybe the cause? Or should there only be 1 file contained in the Video TS folder when its converted? instead of 5

Know it must be frustrating for you but is a setting in DVD Fab that isnt checked or is it a burning issue with IMG?

Kind Regards

Pete

Comment

Hi PeteW
            Do you burn with ImgBurn separately from, Fab or is it configured to work with Fab?
            If you burn separately with ImgBurn try setting it up to work with Fab using the link in my signature.
            CBR929
            Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Thanks Guys

Have changed the write engine on DVD Fab to IMG, lets see what happens now.

Pete

Comment

Thanks CBRN

I cant seem to figure out how to burn from DVD Fab once the copy has been completed. I followed your instructions and changed both IMG and DVD Fab settings. How do you now burn the disc....it still has 5 VTS files in the folder?

Sorry for being a pest

Pete

Comment

If your burning from a dvd folder on hard drive put it in Fab set Fab to burn put a blank disk in drive hit start and your go to go Fab will burn with img burn.

When you use the store brought disk you put it in fab choice full disk or main movie fab copy's to drive ejects disk you put in blank disk Fab will run img burner for you and burn the disk.
                  Last edited by glenns; 01-01-2014, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Hi PeteW
                    Your not a pest, that is what this forum is for, HELP

If you followed the instructions ImgBurn should open automatically to burn the disc...
                    Try reviewing the link again to make sure that all settings are correct.
                    You can use ImgBurn separately from Fab but, this makes it a 2 step process.
                    Open ImgBurn > Write files/ folders to disc > click on the little yellow file with the magnifying glass icon > browse to where your folder is > select the folder and not the individual files within the folder, click OK > make sure that a disc in in the drive and the destination shows your drive in ImgBurn > click the folder to disc icon bottom left and let it do its job.
                    CBR929
                    Last edited by CBR929; 01-01-2014, 05:49 PM.
                    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Hi Guys

I still couldnt figure out how to burn the disc, used disc copy and yes IMG burn popped up and is burning the disc.

It also came up with Trial Version in red font? Does this means I have to purchase a licence to be able to burn discs that I have backed up?

Will try planes DVD tomorrow in my sons player to see the results and report back

Many thanks for everything so far

Pete

Comment

Img burn is a free program so if your using a trial version of fab this message may of come from it.

You can burn the disks already on the drive from the img burn program directly if you can't get it to burn a copy from the Fab program until you buy the paid Fab program.

Once the disk is on the drive you can use any burner to make the dvd.

Comment

HI Glens

I probably didnt explain myself properly apologies.

I only have the licence for Blu-ray copy and Blu ray to DVD. I could only seem to burn via DVDfab using the copy element of fab but this is what is coming up as a trial version.

Is this the only way you can burn the copied Blu-rays and converted Blu-ray to DVD using IMG burn.

The whole issue was when burning the converted files separately using IMG burn the movies stopped for around 20 seconds or so before playing the next chapter. This never happened when I was using DVDfab 8 and wondered if there is wrong or unchecked setting I'm not aware of in 9.

I burned a film last night using a trial version of other software and it automatically went straight to IMG burn and this time the movie didn't stop to find the next chapter.

Cheers

Pete

Comment

Pete
                            I am surprised it played at all, to make this work you must burn the output in DVD-Video compliant form, which among other things, means that you should be burning a VIDEO_TS folder that contains IFO,BUP and VOB files. You can tell the BD to DVD module to write the output to a folder on your hard drive and then use ImgBurn to burn that folder to a blank disc.
                            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I think I know whats happening you have blu ray copy and blu ray to dvd you copied a blu ray to dvd now you don't have dvd copy so the trial version of dvd copy with 30 day trial is being used for burning the newly converted blu
                              ray to dvd.

Thats why the pop up.Now if after you convert to dvd then you should be able to use img burn to burn the fab made dvd to disk.

This should work with img burn however I never did this before and will let someone from Fab staff answer this question on if you can use img burn to burn a Fab made conversion from bluray to dvd with img burn or must Fab burner or VSO burner be used to make a dvd disk from this conversion or does the bluray to dvd module allow burning to disk directly if you don't own the dvd burner module?

Can this be done with the converter module?
                              Last edited by glenns; 01-03-2014, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X