8.0.6.0 will not open.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still no delight

Removed Norton, removed all versions of DVDFab, cleaned registry, rebooted XP-sp3, re-installed 8.0.6.1...
    Not even a chance to see DVDFab's menu.
    Just a few seconds of sandglass...
    Then silence.... but the fans.

Comment

Originally posted by gentleben View Post
      Don't know. Removed antivirus avast. removed dfab8061. reinstaled /no antivirus . Still same problem . will not open .my system windows xp servicepk 2 amd 64 pro 3000+ 1.50gb ramragefury/pro . dfab 8.0.5.6 worked great. problem w/ dfab 8060 8061. Is there a setting in windows xp ?
      Update to SP3, you should always keep current with all OS updates and firmware for your hardware.
      CBR929
      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Same problem here...just loaded 8.0.6.1 from 5.6 and it no longer opens; removed 6.1 and reinstalled 5.6 and it opens right up. XP service pack 2 with Avast off (Avast was on when I loaded 5.6 and it worked just fine). Something must have changed as I have upgraded numerous times but this is the first time it hasn't opened.

Comment

Originally posted by chevyavalanche View Post
          Same problem here...just loaded 8.0.6.1 from 5.6 and it no longer opens; removed 6.1 and reinstalled 5.6 and it opens right up. XP service pack 2 with Avast off (Avast was on when I loaded 5.6 and it worked just fine). Something must have changed as I have upgraded numerous times but this is the first time it hasn't opened.
          see guys, i am going to go out on a limb here and say again, this is NO COINCIDENCE... this person is using a totally different antivirus program than bitdefender...they have a different OS than my computer...and yet we are all experiencing the exact same problem!! how many different ways can you guys here it and how many different people do you have to hear it from before you will quit blaming it on our antivirus programs or our operating systems not being updated to the newest service pack??? what, did bitdefender, AVG, and avast all just get together and say you know what, let's screw around with those guys who use DVDFab and tick them off right before Christmas? it's like people are trying to avoid the common issue here and focus on stuff outside of the "main subject" here, like i seen someone getting onto someone earlier about the fact that they haven't updated their XP service pack from 2 to 3 yet...well guess what, i have the newest windows OS, version 7, and it's fully updated to the point i can't update it anymore and i am experiencing the same problem with DVDFab that the guy with XP service pack 2 is experiencing, so why waste time telling him to update to SP 3 when that's not even the real issue??

i have even taken the ONLY advice that's been given so far in this thread, and that's to change my bitdefender antivirus to "game mode". well whenever i do that, DVDFab 8.0.6.1 will open and work long enough for one DVD, then after i close it and try ot open it back up, and goes back to not doing anything after i click on the desktop icon...and that's with bitdefender in game mode even...so i am still waiting on a real permanent solution that doesn't involve me getting rid of or disabling my antivirus software i paid good money for. DVDFab hasn't even been updated in a few days. is Fangtao even aware of this thread??? you know that old expression..."if it ain't broke...then don't fix it"??? well, it's obvious that you had something good going with version 8.0.5.6 and all versions prior to that one. so it would make sense to me that whatever major change you made to the version immediately after 8.0.5.6 and all updates after that is obviously flawed and should be undone. there is a whole chorus of us in this thread voicing the exact same problem. it is no coincidence. you're ticking off a lot of good paying customers! i don't like paying for a product i cannot use. that's called ripping someone off where i come from. this needs to be addressed with a new update very soon please. i think i can speak on most everyone else's behalf with this issue that we are all getting impatient...

Comment

Originally posted by StephenAPSU View Post
            see guys, i am going to go out on a limb here and say again, this is NO COINCIDENCE... this person is using a totally different antivirus program than bitdefender...they have a different OS than my computer...and yet we are all experiencing the exact same problem!! how many different ways can you guys here it and how many different people do you have to hear it from before you will quit blaming it on our antivirus programs or our operating systems not being updated to the newest service pack??? what, did bitdefender, AVG, and avast all just get together and say you know what, let's screw around with those guys who use DVDFab and tick them off right before Christmas? it's like people are trying to avoid the common issue here and focus on stuff outside of the "main subject" here, like i seen someone getting onto someone earlier about the fact that they haven't updated their XP service pack from 2 to 3 yet...well guess what, i have the newest windows OS, version 7, and it's fully updated to the point i can't update it anymore and i am experiencing the same problem with DVDFab that the guy with XP service pack 2 is experiencing, so why waste time telling him to update to SP 3 when that's not even the real issue??

i have even taken the ONLY advice that's been given so far in this thread, and that's to change my bitdefender antivirus to "game mode". well whenever i do that, DVDFab 8.0.6.1 will open and work long enough for one DVD, then after i close it and try ot open it back up, and goes back to not doing anything after i click on the desktop icon...and that's with bitdefender in game mode even...so i am still waiting on a real permanent solution that doesn't involve me getting rid of or disabling my antivirus software i paid good money for. DVDFab hasn't even been updated in a few days. is Fangtao even aware of this thread??? you know that old expression..."if it ain't broke...then don't fix it"??? well, it's obvious that you had something good going with version 8.0.5.6 and all versions prior to that one. so it would make sense to me that whatever major change you made to the version immediately after 8.0.5.6 and all updates after that is obviously flawed and should be undone. there is a whole chorus of us in this thread voicing the exact same problem. it is no coincidence. you're ticking off a lot of good paying customers! i don't like paying for a product i cannot use. that's called ripping someone off where i come from. this needs to be addressed with a new update very soon please. i think i can speak on most everyone else's behalf with this issue that we are all getting impatient...
            Ive even disabled AVAST and it still dont work, but Ill be patient and see if theres a fix or update.

Comment

Same Problem here: DVDFab & BitDefender...

Just FYI: I can't get DVDFab to launch either unless BitDefender is in Game Mode.

Running :
              DVDVFab 8.0.6.1 (previous versions had the same issue)

BitDefender AntiVirus 2011

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit (all latest updates applied)

I'd have to respectfully agree that simply blaming BitDefender, and suggesting that we switch antivirus apps is not an acceptable solution. Please fix your app to work with everything else.

Many thanks, Jim Reffner

Comment

I suggest contacting YOUR Anti-virus program support to complain about the problem as it problem with them and not DVDFab. If it was a DVDFab problem everyone would be having same problem instead of the select few who keep posting in this thread and blame DVDFab.

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
                  I suggest contacting YOUR Anti-virus program support to complain about the problem as it problem with them and not DVDFab. If it was a DVDFab problem everyone would be having same problem instead of the select few who keep posting in this thread and blame DVDFab.
                  ok...tell me now if this makes sense. if it was OUR (not just one antivirus, but collectively bitdefender, avast, avg users) antivirus causing this problem, then tell me why is it that we can redownload dvdfab update 8.0.5.6 and it works just fine again like it always has in the past...and with OUR same antivirus program that we were using with 8.0.6.1 installed??? gee, i would think if it was these MULTIPLE antivirus programs causing this problem then dvdfab would not open no matter what version or update we were using. am i right? dvdfab obviously added something to the newer updates that doesn't mesh well with these different antivirus programs, and dvdfab needs to backtrack and resolve this issue. these antivirus programs did not all coincidentally add a definition that disables dvdfab upon doubleclicking its icon. if that were the case, then trying to open dvdfab would have the same result each time, whether we were using update 8.0.5.6 or 8.0.6.1. it is not the antivirus company's responsibility to try and fix a problem dvdfab created with their new updates. and it is not MY responsibility to contact bitdefender and complain to them about an issue between DVDFAB's program and their antivirus. that is the DVDFAB software engineers', such as FENGTAO's, responsibility to take care of and work out the issue with bitdefender's software engineers. that is why we are paying them money for a service. we pay the money, and they do their job and put out a program that works smoothly and does what it's supposed to do. someone at dvdfab needs to get off their you know what and do their dang job and quit expecting us to do it for them...

Comment

I don't believe this has anything to do with Avast (in my case) so there is no need to complain to them. Something changed from 5.6 as it works just fine with Avast as well as every preceding version as I have been running Avast for at least 1.5 years now. I will have to wait for next update to see what happens as I can do nothing more on my end.

Comment

Originally posted by StephenAPSU View Post
                      ok...tell me now if this makes sense
                      In a word, no.
                      As Racem22 stated back in post #17...
                      "Ok, it's not as simple as you guys think".

Firstly, let me say I don't believe anyone, including developers, admin, mods, users...blames anyone for being upset and frustrated.
                      However, bickering and pointing fingers accomplishes nothing constructive whatsoever.

You make it sound as if the developers inserted a malignant line of code to sabotage certain users and all they have to do is remove that same code.

There are a handful of users that have posted here with this issue...no doubt there are more.
                      However, there are 10's of thousands of users that do not have this issue and likewise are users of BitDefender, Avast, AVG, etc., etc....
                      myself among them with approx 5 different rigs (family), all running without issue.

Surely this is not the first time systems and softwares have not been happily married. Given the sheer number of users, changes made to their systems and the variety of software, this is not a surprise...or should not be...
                      to anyone.

I have alerted Fengtao to this thread.
                      Hopefully, he can help to sort this out. I know that he'll do his best.

I fail to see how notifying another software company such as Avast or BitDefender of a problem is somehow imprudent or inappropriate.
                      Last edited by maineman; 12-24-2010, 04:46 AM.
                      If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

I just read over the thread and caught some stuff that didn't sink in the first time I skimmed through....sorry, my bad.

I suspect a driver issue as well and this won't be the first time that VSO (and patin-couffin driver) has caused problems for users of Fab.

Looks like we have 2-3 versions of Windoz on this thread, but please try the following:
                        Enter device manager, drop down to VSO, click + (to expand) and delete
                        all instances of patin couffin driver (I'm betting most will have multiple installs).
                        Reboot.
                        Now install/reinstall 8061 or 8062 Beta.
                        Hopefully, you won't have to do a clean install.

If you use VSO as your burning engine, not to worry.
                        VSO has used SPTI and not pcouffin for its access layer for some time.
                        VSO has been recommending for over a year now to simply delete pcouffin driver if it appears to be troublesome.
                        Sorry, I don't recall when this change re: access layer took place, but it was well before Fab stopped the option to install (or not) VSO pcouffin driver.

I recommend Img, but that's up to you.

If you ever want pcouffin, simply install VSO Inspector (last I knew it was still installed as a component) or simply install an older version of Fab.
                        If anyone wants an older version and can't obtain it, just pm me and I'll hook you up.

Here's hoping...

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

I'm sure the developers will try to duplicate this and correct the problem if it comes from within DVDFab. I would caution all of you that are experiencing this that your posts should contribute to solving the problem, which does not include rants, vents and other non-relevant editorials. They are neither helpful nor welcome and from this point on will be moderated heavily.
                          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hi,
                            I don't think it has to do with the Patin-Couffin - as I use the VSO-proggies and no blocking in Bitdefender.
                            I found that BitDefenders "Active Virus Control (AVC)" messes up with DVDfab.
                            If I place an exception for DVDfab.exe in AVC DVDfab starts normally. (No need to enable the Gamemode)
                            It just disables the heuristic-scanning for DVDfab - normal signature-based scanning remains active.

Comment

Thanks for the info loggy49.
                              My guess is that there is more than one demon at play here, but deleting pcouffin does not appear to be "the cure"

None of the mods have this problem, so how to reproduce and isolate a cause(s)?

Again, your post is much appreciated

Comment

8.0.6.2 Beta did work on my PC.....I'm running XP/SP2 with Avast. I left Avast on since it never affected me before and the program came right up after installation. Suggest the rest of crew try this version to see if it will start up. Going to reboot now to see if that has any affect....Thanks for all the suggestions Maineman.

Comment

Working...
                                X