No announcement yet.

8.0.6.0 will not open.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I just wanted to do some more tests and made a reset to all bitdefender-settings.
    Yesterday I couldn't start DVDfab above 8056 with these settings.
    Today DVDfab starts fine including 8060-8061-8062.
    No more need to exclude it from the heuristic scanning.
    So I think that at least bitdefender had some update that made DVDfab pass the heuristic-scanner.
    This issue should definitely be an antivirus/heuristic-problem.

btw:
    system: W7x64, Bitdender AV 2011, 4GB RAM, Intel C2Quad, ATI HD5870
    Last edited by loggy49; 12-24-2010, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Thanks loggy.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Had the same issues with 8060 and up myself. However, I thought that it was me that screwed my computer up, as I was trying different trial programs. I ended up just doing a system restore to about 2 weeks prior, and my issue was fixed. I haven't had any problems with the last 2 updates after I did the restore, so it almost sounds like there is a conflict happening when Fab updates and "re-writes" it's self with the new updated coding.

I'm running a Toshiba Satellite laptop
        AMD Vision dual core processor
        Winduhs 7 home (fully updated)
        and running F Secure anti virus

Comment

Dear all,

We will fix the compatibility problem with some anti-virus programs asap.

For now, please use "Game Mode" of anti-virus program to start DVDFab.
          DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
          http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Unable to open and run DVD Fab

Been following all the comments when the solution is straight forward, do a simple test by turning of your A/V program, very briefly, and Voila! your problems will disappear. Incidentally it has absolutely nothing to with DVD FAB. I had the misfortune to purchase Bit Defender, oh yes it was highly regarded in the trade magazines but with personal experience it did not work for me. It was paid up for two years and after one year I'd had enough and dumped it. I am currently using Microsoft Live essentials a free program that does exactly what it is claimed to do, that is Firewall and anti virus software. It is the best program that I have used todate. It offers protection without being obtrusive. The fact that it is free should not discourage a trial and besides your DVD FAB will work.
            Jacobean

Comment

Dear all,

We have fixed compatibility problem with some anti-virus programs, please try latest v8064 beta to see the result:

Thanks.

Best Regards,
              Fengtao
              DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.

Comment

Wonder if the virus program guys were working for their customers on Christmas day? Thanks Fengtao.
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                  Wonder if the virus program guys were working for their customers on Christmas day? Thanks Fengtao.
                  No kidding and well said.
                  Thanks Fengtao and Merry Christmas to all.
                  If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

still same for me

Thought i had the "av" problem, and the beta didnt help. Was about to post all my system details, but stumbled on a link in one of the first posts.

short : "Bluray as B: crashes dvdfab on startup"

and sure remaped bluray and dvdfab loads now.

Seems like simple to warn if b: is used for optical on install (or fix ?)
                    Last edited by benny_tllh; 12-25-2010, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Yes! BD-RW on B drive does not work!

I had exactly the same issue. I have an LG BD+RW drive in a USB NextStar DX case and mounted it as drive letter "B". Everything worked great until I updated DVDFAB and now I got a crash on startup every time.

BTW, I can't submit the crash report because my SMTP server requires authentication so the send fails, and there is no message about where to email the report to -- otherwise I'd do it manually. DVDFAB might consider updating the crash report dialog.

Anyway, I changed my BD+RW drive letter from "B" to "Y" and all is now well. For the record, on Windows 7 this can be done with

Start -> Run -> DISKMGMT.MSC

Just right-click on the BD+RW drive, select "Change drive letter or path" and choose a new drive letter.

I hope this gets fixed soon -- not everyone has the patience to dig through this forum looking for problems. I'm glad I did and the answer was already here.

Comment

8.0.6.4 fires right up. My issue wasn't with Avast but what ever it was, it works now. Thanks everyone.

Comment

Just downloaded 8.0.6.5 and it works great. Thank you very much for the fix!!!

Comment

You are welcome

Comment

When I had 8.0.8.2 installed I shut down Security essentials ans DVD FAB still would not open

Comment

Working...
                              X