dvd copy alway produces letterbox even of orginal does have it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by david_ripp View Post
    where is the vso engine located so i can delte and install new version....?
    You don't need to uninstall or download anything.
    Simply select Img as Fab's default burn engine

Enter Common Settings by clicking the white checkmark in the green circle
    like so:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Common settings.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	305151

Now select Img from the dropdown as displayed below:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Img.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	305152

Please utilize your samsung TS-L632D to burn.
    Clone is not a good choice here as most discs will exceed the SL max size
    Clone mode will not compress. Your previous attempts were not true clones.

Try Main Movie Mode and do not do the rip and burn separately
    (ie., do not rip and then close Fab, then re-open Fab to burn)

Also when quoting other members, please use the quote function and differentiate your response.
    When it's simply inserted into my text (or another member's text), it's confusing and too easy to miss.
    Last edited by maineman; 01-27-2011, 06:04 AM.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Hi, david_ripp

Please download Mediainfo.exe(free) to analyze the output media file to check the display aspect ratio.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by maineman View Post
        You don't need to uninstall or download anything.
        Simply select Img as Fab's default burn engine

Enter Common Settings by clicking the white checkmark in the green circle
        like so:

[ATTACH]3705[/ATTACH]

Now select Img from the dropdown as displayed below:

[ATTACH]3706[/ATTACH]

Please utilize your samsung TS-L632D to burn.
        Clone is not a good choice here as most discs will exceed the SL max size
        Clone mode will not compress. Your previous attempts were not true clones.

(ie., do not rip and then close Fab, then re-open Fab to burn)

Also when quoting other members, please use the quote function and differentiate your response.
        When it's simply inserted into my text (or another member's text), it's confusing and too easy to miss.
        I have ....does the same thing..... no difference.

Comment

Originally posted by david_ripp View Post
          I have ....does the same thing..... no difference.
          This is all guesswork without details.
          You've provided very little in terms of detailed responses to some of our questions and have not responded at all to others.

What about analyzing the output media file to check the display aspect ratio
          ...have you using the samsung burner?
          ...did you use Img with Main Movie? and how would I determine this?
          There's no Img burn log...either with Img as a standalone or with Fab.
          Post the burn log

Other software at work?

Again, FabDVD Copy does not have the capability to alter the aspect ratio
          Last edited by maineman; 01-27-2011, 08:18 PM.
          If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

DVDFab DVD Copy Produces Letterbox for Both Full Disc and Main Movie Copy

It has been so long since I have posted here I have forgotten if this is the right place. I hope this is the correct location. If not, please forgive me. I am having the same problem with DVDFab 9.1.3.3 through 9.1.8.3 as David_ripp is having with the letterbox format. I allow the program to select the correct file on the disc to copy the Main Movie and ALL copies that are made have the black bar at the top and the bottom taking up almost a total third of the TV screen. Even when I select FULL DISC copy feature I get the same black bar letterbox on the resulting disc. I have tried everything and the only thing that helps is that the home DVD player has a zoom feature (which fills the TV screen but this creates a loss of picture on the sides of the screen. HELP.

Comment

DVDFab does not decode or encode the video when copying DVDs, so this is an odd error. To be able to help you we will need the following information:

1) The DVDFab internal log session from when the backup copy was made, instructions for this are in my sig

to speed up a response make a zip or rar file containing

2) ALL of the IFO files from the original disc and the backup copy, which should be placed in two labeled folders before zipping

Attach both to a post using the instructions referenced above.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
              X