Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After reading my post I also realize that it sounds as if I am directing this toward the members of this thread, and that was not my intention. I'm sorry

Maybe I should rephrase what I have said in my previous post.
    It seams that the frustration level in this thread is getting a little high, so be for warned that any Sarcastic remarks made to a Administrator or Moderator out of frustration will get you nothing but a vacation from the forum and if it is severe enough BANNED FOR LIFE from this forum.
    Again sorry
    CBR929

@FOL I sent a Pm to Fengtao himself, you can believe what you want.
    Last edited by CBR929; 08-22-2011, 02:37 AM.
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by nbakid2000 View Post
      I am going to go on good faith here and update my graphics drivers and my firmware for the DVD drive on my laptop and see what happens.

I will also hook up the new DVD drive to my desktop to see if that works (based on what the Mods said).
      Hi nbakid2000
      Make sure if your new drive comes with a new cable that you use it, and not the old cable.
      CBR929
      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

I have now updated my graphics drivers and my Sony Optiarc drive firmware on my laptop.

The program now works correctly from what I can tell - no more opening issues.

Now, I have to work on my desktop and it's probably that the program does not work with LG drive. I'll try installing the other one tomorrow and report back. I think it's ridiculous that I had to go through all this hassle of getting a program that should work already to run right, especially on MY DIME.

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions regarding updates, issues with LG drives, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
          After reading my post I also realize that it sounds as if I am directing this toward the members of this thread, and that was not my intention. I'm sorry

Maybe I should rephrase what I have said in my previous post.
          It seams that the frustration level in this thread is getting a little high, so be for warned that any Sarcastic remarks made to a Administrator or Moderator out of frustration will get you nothing but a vacation from the forum and if it is severe enough BANNED FOR LIFE from this forum.
          Again sorry
          CBR929

@FOL I sent a Pm to Fengtao himself, you can believe what you want.
          Sorry, It was just you said you pm'ed a dev, then all of a sudden Signals comes in and makes the situation 10 times worse with his comments.

In the other thread, I hold my hands up, I did make a sarcastic comment (not to anyone).
          However it was moderated with the words "your sarcastic comments are getting tired", which is odd considering I made one sarcastic comment.
          As I said though I hold my hands up to that one.

So the layers problem is solved by replacing your hardware, bit extreme.
          However my issue although simular doesnt even get to the changing layers or analyzing.
          Last edited by F0L; 08-22-2011, 08:58 AM.

Comment

F0L
            You are spending too much time complaining about support in the forum and trying to engage the forum staff in debates. We don't do that here. If you are not satisfied with the help you have received here, use the support link at the DVDFab website: http://www.dvdfab.com/contact.htm, which is available to all registered users.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
              F0L
              You are spending too much time complaining about support in the forum and trying to engage the forum staff in debates. We don't do that here. If you are not satisfied with the help you have received here, use the support link at the DVDFab website: http://www.dvdfab.com/contact.htm, which is available to all registered users.
              Thats fine, seems you have singled me out.

Thanks CBR929 for trying to help.

I was never complaining about the support I recieved here, it was the lack of devs input. You could never have read the posts, to see exactly what the issues are, but you commented anyway.
              If anything you turned this thread into a debat, others have also posted yet you seem to have a vendeta against me.

I will never post here again, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by F0L View Post
                Thats fine, seems you have singled me out.

Thanks CBR929 for trying to help.

I was never complaining about the support I recieved here, it was the lack of devs input. You could never have read the posts, to see exactly what the issues are, but you commented anyway.
                If anything you turned this thread into a debat, others have also posted yet you seem to have a vendeta against me.

I will never post here again, thanks.
                I can guarantee that you will not be complaining and making sarcastic comments for the next 7 days.

Comment

I installed a different DVD drive into my computer and the issue of the loading seems to have been solved.

Comment

I have the very same problem as described in this long thread with a LG drive.

Comment

This is a bug in drive firmware, and we will add an option to disable Hybrid disc support in next version to avoid it.
                      DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
                      http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Summary below devices not work well for reading DVD disk:
                        -BDDVDRW CH20L
                        -BH10LS30
                        -WH10LS30
                        -TSSTcorp SH-S202N SB02

In fact, this isn't a bug of Fab. And above devices got and sent the wrong info to Fab, and then Fab read as a hybrid disk. We can't resolve this problem now.
                        But as fengtao said, we will provide a simple solution that adding a check box which can enable search Hybrid disc or not in next beta version. Please try again when it out.

Thanks,
                        Potti

Comment

This is just an observation and my intent here is most definitely....NOT to stir the pot.
                          The fact that a thread such as this even exists is both unfortunate and unnecessary.

Thus far, this thread has run from Aug 11 and now includes 102 posts.
                          It wasn't until today (and it was the 100th post) that someone on the dev team made any comment here at all.

While I just perused most of the thread, my sense is that most users would have been "ok" with any comment from Beijing...even something like,
                          . yes we're aware and working on a fix.
                          While this wouldn't have assuaged their frustration, it would have been enough for most; better still are the more definitive comments such as Fengtao made re: firmware issues and a next version fix.

I understand that not all threads can be gone through with a fine-tooth comb, but when a thread like this one goes unnoticed/ignored for 99 posts, it is not ok.
                          I want to emphasize that I am referring to the dev team in Beijing and not to admin or the mods, all of whom are volunteers.

At best, users are left with the sense that no one is minding the store...at worst, no one in the store cares.
                          Last edited by maineman; 08-23-2011, 02:38 PM.
                          If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Working...
                          X