No announcement yet.

Won't install on XP SP3 again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just downloaded and installed on my XP SP3 machine using my routine and all is well. Backed up “Open Range” and made “Cars” for the iPad no issues with the invisible update.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
      There was an invisible update, the correct size for the current download is 18,456,144 bytes.
      Thanks Signals, I'm glad we got this file size thing out of the way. Seems like the file before the silent update is the one I wish I had gotten.

I may have not titled this thread very good when I started it but I had so many problems when QT first came out getting it to run on XP sp3. I really wasn't sure if it was an XP problem. All I could think about was that it wasn't working again.

Whatever this change was that was done in this silent update, it doesn't play nice with my system. It will install and then go to the crash report screen.Then it will loop with the box about video drivers. If you try to uninstall it, it will do the same thing. If you downgrade to a known working version, it will no longer work and give you the same looping screen.

Like I said, I have not tried it on my other rigs with different OS's so I can't say if it's XP (on my rig) related or not.

I can see one other poster is having somewhat of the same issues with it but has gotten it to work but confirms that your stuck with it unless you fully do a clean install of Fab.

Comment

The invisible update should only have effected BD 3D Ripper. I don't think the earlier one would have mattered but I will be glad to send it to you if you want to try it. Your forum-registered email address will need to handle large files.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
          The invisible update should only have effected BD 3D Ripper. I don't think the earlier one would have mattered but I will be glad to send it to you if you want to try it. Your forum-registered email address will need to handle large files.
          Thanks Signals, I think I'll just wait for the next beta or official release. I do appreciate the offer and the help.

Comment

Pleased to say that QT8116 beta installed and ran fine with no issue. I don't know why QT8115 beta gave me so much trouble but thats not important now.

Comment

Good to hear it's working for you now.
              "You've got a hole in your soul if you don't dig the Blues"

Keith Richards ~ "If You Want The Last Laugh........Join The Rolling Stones"

Click to join forum.dvdfab.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bob View Post
                Good to hear it's working for you now.
                Thanks Bob.

Comment

Working...
                X