Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

copying problems

Could someone please help me with the following question?:

I must admit I dont know so much about this, so the question from me probably will seem very simple.

I felt that everything went well when using DVDFab. First i ripped from the original documentary and when that part was over, the original was automatically released from the DVD station. I put in a new empty DVD+R, and the burning seemed to go totally well.
    When i should play the burned DVD, it only showed the start up og DVDFab, not the actual film. Its alot worse that even the original started the same way. This was a important documentary about wolves and Yellowstone.

Hans Johnsen

@Hans Johnsen
    It's cute to know what your documentary is about and how important it is, but what really would help is information about your process: (1) what size of original content, is any compression involved or it's just a copy? (2) what burning engine you are using? (3) What media you are using, etc. etc.
    Also, please post your logs, including burning log...
    Please see my signature below to find location, if you don't know where to find them
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

copying problems

Im sorry about my lack of knowledge about english and this kind of technology, but i will try to attach the last log, hope it works:
      Attached Files

Comment

copying problems

dvdfab_process.log

dvdfab_internal.log

dvdfab_burn_vso.log

I must say i dont really understand this, or if this is right. I used the attachment button to the right of the smiley.

regards
        Hans

Comment

Hello

Is there any connection. Have tried 4 attachments (Logs), but cant see that these are coming through
          Signals as been very helpful
          Hans

Comment

Hi Hans Johnsen
            Some documentaries are very poorly authored, try disabling Pathplayer, to do this Open Fab Click the Green top right > Protection > Path Player click Disable Path Player click OK restart Fab and try again, just remember to set it back to Always Enabled.
            You are using quality media Verbatim, but your burn speed is to high, try setting it at 4X
            You may also want to consider using ImgBurn as your burn engine, it is "free" and you will find instructions on setting it up from the link in my signature.

You are asking Fab to burn at 8X and it does not even come close, even though DMA is not available on your bus type try resetting your DMA.
            to do this: Open Fab Click the Green top right > General > make sure Check for DMA Automatically is Checked and also Click the Reset DMA to the right click OK and restart Fab, you may also have to restart your computer.
            Hope this helps
            CBR929

EDIT: You can also rip it to your HDD and view it before burning to make sure that it is as it should be.
            Last edited by CBR929; 09-22-2011, 09:54 PM. Reason: EDIT
            Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

At the risk of being rude, I think the biggest part of the problem is that Matshita drive. Verbatim +R 16x should burn faster than 3.96x.
              How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
              Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
                At the risk of being rude, I think the biggest part of the problem is that Matshita drive. Verbatim +R 16x should burn faster than 3.96x.
                I agree with you 100%
                That is why I suggested resetting DMA because of the slow burn speed, don't know if it will help or not.
                CBR929
                Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

copying problems

Hi
                  I should probably say hehe

But i have to stress the fact that both the original and the burned DVD now is starting with loading up the frontpage of DVDFab when i try to play them.

So my main question is: Is there any possibility to get the original back? If not this big procedure is not worth starting with.

Hans

Comment

If the autoplay feature is enabled in Windows and in DVDFab this may happen. You need to turn off the Windows autoplay feature in any case and you can turn off DVDFab's feature in common settings, see attached:
                    Attached Files

Albert Einstein

Comment

copying problems

Hurrey hurrey hurrey for 90312

You fixed it the easy way. Now both the original and the copy plays fine both on my TV and PC. Thank you very, very much. If i had an animation of one bending towards Mekka i would have turned it towards you hehe. Your the chief

By the way thank you everybody for excellent service, not at least Signals.

High Regards

Hans Johnsen

Comment

You are welcome. The forum is a great resource, as you can see from all those that helped you.
                        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hi Hans Johnsen
                          Glad it is working for you now.

Good job 90312
                          CBR929

Comment

A blind hog will find an acorn once in a while glad you're going again Hans.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                            X