This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by robertwayne64024 View Post
    A little patience gentlemen. Street date for USA Region 1 Smurfs was just Friday, Dec 2. I am sure the DVDFab team will have a fix soon.
    My sincere apologies, i did not mean to come off rude. I guess we have gotten spoiled recently with the one or two day turnarounds. DVDFab is still THE very best software and support site in my book! Many thanks.

Comment

Does anyone have an idea when the fix for the smurfs will be out???

Comment

oops didnt see the reply about patience....true enough the guys at DVDFab will crack it eventually....they always do.....I will be patient

Comment

no joy smurfs

tried process, three times, after 6 hours of trying I guess Smurfs has beaten DVDFab. So sad for us lifetime members.

Comment

Dvd fab works fine on main movie for the smurfs

IN THE USA, I NOTICED THAT THERE ARE DIFFERENT VERSIONS OF THE SMURFS, I HAD ONE THAT CAME WITH CHAPTERS AND ONE THAT HAD ONLY PLAY AND AUDIO OPTIONS, I DID COPY BOTH WITH NO PROBLEMS.

THIS IS FROM MY PREVIOUS POST:
            MAKE SURE YOUR DMA IS RESET, YOU CAN DO SO MANUALLY OR THRU DVD FAB, SOMETIMES DVD FAB WILL RESET IT BUT NOT COMPLETELY SO YOU WILL HAVE TO DO SO MANUALLY THRU THE CONTROL PANEL ADMIN TOOLS( IF YOU NEED HELP DOING SO LET ME KNOW SO I CAN PUT ALL THE STEPS DOWN), MY DVD BURNER WENT FROM 5 MINUTES BURNING TO 45 MINUTES BURNING EVEN RESETTING IT THRU FAB, WHEN I MANUALLY RESET IT WHEN BACK TO COPY A FULL VIDEO TS FOLDER ON A 4GB DVD IN UNDER 5 MINUTES.
            ANY WAY, AFTER YOU INSERT YOUR SMURFS MOVIE, I TOOK ME 8 SECONDS TO GIVE ME THE READ ERROR, I HIT ABORT, CLICK AFTER THE ERROR WAS GONE: MAIN MOVIE.
            ON THE RIGHT WERE IT SHOWS ALL WHAT IS ON THE DVD I SELECTED THE TITLE 1(1) WHICH IS 1:42:36, THEN ON THE NEXT COLUMN (AUDIO AND SUBTITLES) SELECTED BOTH ENGLISH AND SPANISH(LANGUAGE AND SUBTITLES), HIT NEXT THEN MAKE SURE THAT THE ONLY CHECK MARK IS ON COPY-DVD VIDEO, MAKE SURE TO HAVE A TARGET SELECTED WHERE IT WILL COPY THE VIDEO TS FOLDER(THE MOVIE), THEN HIT START.
            IT TOOK 6 MIN 09 SECONDS TO COPY THE MOVIE TO THE HARD DRIVE, THEN I USED NERO TO RECORD TO DVD WHICH TOOK ANOTHER 5 MINUTES TO BURN A COPY.
            THE MOVIE PLAYED FINE, HAD ALL ENGLISH AND SPANISH SUBTITLES AND LANGUAGES, I DID NOT SEE ANY DIFFERENCE ON THE ORIGINAL AND THE COPY.

BY THE WAY, I AM USING VERSION 8.1.3.6 (NOTE: AT FIRST I DID INSTALL THE NEW 8.1.3.6 VERSION, DID NOT WORK WITH THE SMURFS, SO I RE INSTALLED THE VERSION ON TOP OF THE OTHER AGAIN AND ALL WORKS FINE SINCE)
            Go to control panel, administrative tolls, computer management, device management, ide ata/atapi controllers, look at the primary and secondary, right click and go to properties then to advance settings and all should have dma transfer mode, depending on the system the dma mode number can be different but it should not say pio any where in there, if it does then change to dma or dma if available. After you do so and restart the computer, go back and look a the settings if still some of them go back to pio, then you need to go and uninstall the primary or secondary channel hat has the wrong setting, restart the computer again and the system will go thru the process of: Found new hardware and install it again, i may ask you to restart the computer again, after that go back and verify the changes again.
            The dma transfer mode usually go back to pio when you have a bad dvd disc inserted or the dvd has a skip error or read error so it is good to keep an eye on it, you will notice the change when your burning time takes a long time.
            I also had a hard drive that was defective, it will save the info but took a long time to save anything to it, this also affects the burning time or copy times, as well as the size and available disc space, i use 1 tb hard drives 7200 rps, they work very good. Do not copy to the c drive it will take longer as well and slow your system down when copying with fab while doing other stuff in the computer, use a secondary hard drive to do all the copying or burning from. I am including the images of the reset dma manually as well as proof on the time it took the smurfs to copy to hard drive on my computer.
            Hope all this helps, but again you are doing it on your own discretion, i am not responsible for any changes in your system.:d
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Darkandcloaky View Post
              tried process, three times, after 6 hours of trying I guess Smurfs has beaten DVDFab. So sad for us lifetime members.
              Don't be foolish. When have they ever been unable to crack a protection scheme? There will be a new release shortly.

//EDIT// Watch for v8.1.3.7 Qt Beta, it will have the Smurfs fix and will be posted shortly.
              //EDIT 2// The new version is out and it works fine for me. PathPlayer must be enabled! Also, the fix is not active for the free (HD Decrypter) version of DVDFab.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

V8137 released.

Comment

Working...
                X