One version won't copy homemade DVD & other won't even recognize the DVD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One version won't copy homemade DVD & other won't even recognize the DVD

I've been using version 8.0.7.3 for a long time, no problems.
    Today I've been trying to copy a dvd I burned from my dvd recorder hooked up to the TV. It recognizes it, opens it, & starts the copy process, but after just a few seconds says it's done & insert blank media.
    Obviously, it hasn't completed copying it.

I had another version, 8.1.2.5, & installed it, & this one doesn't even recognize that there's a dvd in the drive.

I've tried several of my recorded dvds, which I tested to make sure they were actually playing dvds, which they are, & all get the same result.

Help!

Hi Diva Donna
    It could be that the DVD is not in a DVD compliant format.

Have you tried turning Path Player off ???
    Open Fab Click the Green top right > Protection > Path Player click Disable Path Player click OK restart Fab and try again, just remember to set it back to Always Enabled.

If you would like to post your logs the default location is:
    For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.
    CBR929

Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

This is usually caused by the DVD-R not finalising the DVD's correctly.
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

GregiBoy, not everyone of my recorded dvds.
        I have 2 notebooks that I use, 1 going back for the 2nd time for what I believe again, the motherboard.
        I've installed dvdfab in both of them, 1 works fine, the other not for the recorded dvds. One going in to repair, a Toshiba with windows vista, the bain of everyone's existence!

CBR929, thanks so much for the path player thing. I changed that setting, & it appears to be doing it's thing as we speak, if it doesn't work, I'll post back on that.
        They're definitely in a dvd format, recorded & finalized on the dvr dvd burner.
        Hopefully all with be well!

Comment

Well, this was really weird!
          With the path player setting changed, it appeared to copy & then successfully burn a dvd.
          I tried to play it on the puter, all the different players seem to recognize it, but it never play.
          So, tried it on the dvd player, it reads, & appears to play, but all I ever see is the same blank blue screen I get up on the tv right before a dvd starts.
          The dvd has writing on it, I can see that, but it's like it recorded nothing.

Logs coming

Comment

Perhaps upgrading to the newest stable version would be worth a try?

Comment

Your installer exe file of v8.1.2.5 was not obtained from an authorized source, please download a replacement from the dvdfab.com website download page and install the latest version as suggested.

If you are trying to copy a disc from a standalone recorder, you can do it with windows. They are not protected in most cases, but they may be in a format that your software player on your PC can't recognize (DVD-VR, etc.)
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
              X