This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Playback Problem

A couple of weeks ago I posted that when I burned DVDs with my new laptop (Windows 7) that the copies would play back on my computers only but not my home DVD players and it was suggested that I change my burner to IMGBurn, which I did and set it up to work with my DVD Fab according to the tutorial on this forum (by troy512) and after that everything worked great. At the time I was using Maxell discs but recently I bought a spool of Verbatims and when I use them I have the same problem as before, the movie burns on the disc but will only play on my computers and not my home players. I know that there is nothing wrong with the discs themselves because I used several of them on my desktop PC (using DVD Fab and Nero) and everything came out fine. I was wondering if I might have a setting or something wrong on my new laptop because the Maxells still work great when I use them. I tried three different write speeds with the Verbatims all with the same result. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong? Thanks again.

The Verbatims are superior media and should not be part of the problem. Most likely a setting in ImgBurn. I assume the two blanks were the same type, i.e. both -R or +R.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Both are +R. Like I mentioned, both brands work fine on my desktop PC.

Comment

Okay what make od dvd player and how old is it?

Comment

Done4it, are both brands of discs being booktyped the same? Should be DVD-ROM for maximum compatibility.
          How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
          Albert Einstein

Comment

Playback problem

Originally posted by ripvanwinkle1819 View Post
            Okay what make od dvd player and how old is it?
            I have three, they won't play on any.

Comment

Playback problem

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
              Done4it, are both brands of discs being booktyped the same? Should be DVD-ROM for maximum compatibility.
              Not sure what you mean by "booktyped"....

Comment

ettings?

ok, do you have this box checked in common settings?
                Attached Files
                How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                Albert Einstein

Comment

Playback problem

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
                  ok, do you have this box checked in common settings?
                  No, I do not have that box checked, should I?

Comment

Many players require it.
                    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Playback Problems

Originally posted by signals View Post
                      Many players require it.
                      Ok thanks, I'll try it. I read up on it on the website and I have a general understanding of what it is now but the thing I can't understand is, while I have not had it checked, why would one brand work okay and not the other?

Comment

Some DVD players do not play DVD+R media but all DVD players play DVD-R media which is why it best to booktype DVD+R media to DVD-ROM so the DVD player will think it a real DVD

Comment

Playback Problem

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
                          Some DVD players do not play DVD+R media but all DVD players play DVD-R media which is why it best to booktype DVD+R media to DVD-ROM so the DVD player will think it a real DVD
                          This I understand BUT I have never had that box checked before and I have backed up in excess of 100 of my DVDs ALL on DVD+R media and up until now they have all played on all three of my DVD players without any problems, so obviously my players do play DVD+R. Even the ones I did on my new laptop played fine on them all until I switched DVD brands. This is where my problem began. Thanks again.

Comment

Not sure if this will help but did you set up imgburn to regonize your new disc's ?

Comment

Playback Problem

Originally posted by blazzzer View Post
                              Not sure if this will help but did you set up imgburn to regonize your new disc's ?
                              Yes, I set up both brands of discs as instructed in the tutorial. And since my last post I have created two more coasters. However, I have at least concluded that my problem likely has nothing to do with the IMG Burn settings because I used the burner that came with my laptop for the first one with the same result. In both attempts however I did check off the Set Booktype To DVD-ROM box and it did not make any difference. I guess for some unexplained reason my laptop just doesn't like Verbatim discs. Thanks again for everyone's help.

Comment

Working...
                              X