No announcement yet.

DVDFAB will not open Stargate SG1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you tried turning Pathplayer off for this disk only?
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
      Have you tried turning Pathplayer off for this disk only?
      Can you disable Pathplayer for a specific disc? I don't see that option anywhere except in Common Settings / DVD / PathPlayer and the choices are Disable, Enable when necessary and always enable. Both enable when necessary and always enable give me the same "Opening Source" hang problem which will eventually resolve itself with the "pathplayer total timeout" error.

I have turned Pathplayer off in order to avoid having to wait 20 to 40 minutes for Pathplayer to timeout and the Open DVD source dialog to be dismissed but it's a real nuisance to have to see if a disc has this problem, cancel the opening source dialog, change the setting to disable and start DVDFab again and then when I'm done go back and change the setting back to what I usually use which is enable when necessary.

A quote from another thread "PathPlayer allows DVDFab to scan your DVD as a DVD player would and identify playable content. The developers recommend Always Enabled". So for best results Pathplayer should be enabled.

If it's a case of some particular run of Stargate SG-1 discs that have some defect that causes this problem then I understand why the DVDFab people wouldn't want to fix this but if this problem is more widespread then it deserves some attention.

- Norm

Comment

Norm
        It is a problem on some TV series discs. However, I recently did SG1 Season 2 Disc 1 using v9 with no problem. I used Customize mode and put checks in the title boxes for each episode.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
          Norm
          It is a problem on some TV series discs. However, I recently did SG1 Season 2 Disc 1 using v9 with no problem. I used Customize mode and put checks in the title boxes for each episode.
          I'm really not sure but it only appears to be some run's of Stargate SG-1 that have this problem, I'm using Season 8 disc 1 as an example here but the entire Season 8 had this problem (I got it as a separate set, not the complete series) but Season 7 which I bought separately did not have this issue.

When I start DVDFab and select "Customize" then insert a Season 8 disc I still get the "Open DVD source" dialog which hangs for the same amount of time before Pathplayer times out and the dialog is dismissed. So it doesn't matter if I use Full Disc or Customize this issue still exists for any of my Season 8 discs. As far as I can tell a Full Disc copy or individual episodes copied after Pathplayer times out appears to play correctly so I can't say that the copy fails. It's just that Pathplayer has an issue with these particular disks that causes the "Open DVD source" dialog to take a really long time before Pathplayer times out.

The original poster Juminix mentioned that he was having this problem with Season 1 discs and you've mentioned that you've been testing with Season 1 discs but not having this problem. I would say that the discs you have are from a run that doesn't have this problem, just as I have Season 8 discs that have this issue but my Season 7 discs don't have the problem.

I could try making an Iso of a Season 8 disc and sending it to you for testing purposes if you think that would help.

- Norm

Comment

It is certainly possible that there is more than one authoring version for these discs, I would suggest temporarily turning Pathplayer off to make your backups. At one time, PathPlayer got stuck in an endless loop if all the titles were below a certain time but I thought that had been fixed. On the disc I borrowed for testing the episodes are all exactly the same length and above the cutoff time. I will try to get the same disc that you have and see what results I get with Season 8.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I've experienced the same issue with the Boxset (Season 8+ not working) with both an older 8x and the newest 9x versions. Disabling the Pathplayer has it working but it's currently ripping so I cannot state on the quality. I'd suspect it would be fine. I have it ripping using a custom PS3 profile I setup. Once it's finished and tested on the PS3 I will post an update. I have not tried this on the new 9x version because I haven't set it up the way I like it yet.

Comment

not sure if this needs to stay opened for anyone else, but disabling the pathplayer was the fix for me (no custom settings needed) and all episodes came out fine (already watched them all months ago). so it can be closed for me, since no longer an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by ebarnes75 View Post
                  I've experienced the same issue with the Boxset (Season 8+ not working) with both an older 8x and the newest 9x versions. Disabling the Pathplayer has it working but it's currently ripping so I cannot state on the quality. I'd suspect it would be fine. I have it ripping using a custom PS3 profile I setup. Once it's finished and tested on the PS3 I will post an update. I have not tried this on the new 9x version because I haven't set it up the way I like it yet.
                  Worked as normal disabling the Pathplayer.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, even for an old thread it is important since it will come up using the forum search tool and other users can see the solution.

Comment

Working...
                    X