Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Failed to create directory/Failed to Open

Hi,

FIRST PROBLEM: I'm using DVD FAB 8.1.9.0. I've been using it successfully for a few years now. I'm currently using an external DVD RW as the DVD RW in my laptop failed.

It's worked fine until a week ago. I was able to copy and then burn using the one external directory. At some stage I ran out of disks so I changed the target directory to a folder on my hard drive, and that also worked fine.

However now, I'm unable to select the external drive as the target eg
    Source: H:\(Identity Theif)
    Target: H:\

I get the message "Failed to create directory H:\MainMovie\Indentity_Theif\

SECOND PROBLEM: I've been copying DVD's using DVD FAb to my hard drive while I haven't been able to burn them. In the past I could select that folder as the source and burn them to disk at a later date. Now I get an error message saying:
    "Failed to open C\Users\Ona\Documents\DVDFab\Temp\FullDisc\Identit y_Theif\
    Please check if it's playable"

When I try to play it using VLC Media Player, it loads the audio and video files separately and doesn't play, whereas files I'd copied to my hard-drive using DVD Fab previously load into VLC as one file which plays. When I look at the files in Windows Explorer they look the same - all have a Video and an Audio component.

I'm using Windows 7 64 Bit.
    Last edited by Onalove; 08-26-2013, 05:48 AM.

Upgrade to a current version for a start as there is little or no support for a version that old.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

OK doing that now. I have a life-time license so I hope it will still be active. Funny the program never asked me to update or upgrade and there isn't a update link anywhere in it that I can see.

Comment

Is there a possibility you have installed some other software that is blocking DVDFab's access to the drive? Target selection is a basic feature of the program that has not really changed in many years. You should be able to use any device that windows sees as a drive in windows explorer as a Source or Target.

Post a session from the DVDFab internal log after updating your installation.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

No, the only thing I've done is uninstall and re-install AVG anti-virus. DVD Fab was working perfectly with my external drive and I haven't installed any other new programs.

I've downloaded and installed DVDFab 9 but I can't see how to register it using my lifetime license key from DVDFab 8. The key that was sent to me for DVDFab 8 seems to be an exe file attached to an email. It's re-registered my old copy but not affected DVDFab9.

Comment

You need to register in the members area. The key is checked through an internet connection, not by a local key.
            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I have successfully installed and registered DVDFab 9, and my external hard drive is working fine with it. I have copied and burnt DVDs!

I do want to express that the update/upgrade system isn't well communicated. I don't ever remember getting a message that I needed to update. And I also didn't see a message explaining that the "key" process of DVDFab 8 wasn't applicable and therefore my login to the forum would transfer my registration. I had to seek help files and spend at least an hour to figure this out.

Thanks for all your help and all's well that ends well.

Comment

The points that you make have been well communicated on this forum for literally years.

A browse of this forum maybe once a week will keep you up to date on the happenings.

Comment

Working...
                X