install keeps on crashing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab Update from 9070 to 9071 beta

Ok Guy's, I had this problem on windows XP Pro service pk 3, Usually when I'd install a downloaded update version ,I would just install the new version over the old version...never had a problem before, so I uninstalled the older version and then did a clean install of the updated version... Installed perfectly and opened like it should... I guess this is anyone's answer to this problem, Hope it helps someone. Good Luck,,,, DVDFab is still # 1
    Burner1

Comment

GO Navy!!!!!!

Originally posted by Jimbo View Post
      XP has nothing to do with it as I've never had any trouble and I'm running XP
      Hea Jimbo, I served from 1974-1978 on the USS Stein DE 1065 Boiler Tech..
      I am also a disabled vet. Ahoy mate!
      Burner1

Comment

Glad to see that you have experienced the problem with the user interface.
        Thought it was only a few of us.
        What you described is exactly the same as me. Re my thread on the GUI Not Working.
        Hope they fix it soon.

Comment

It may have more to do with the graphics I don't know. My old laptop just has the Microsoft on board chip and drivers. Newegg had Windows 7 on sale for $79 US so I updated and now Fab runs flawlessly on the same machine that wouldn't run it on XP. Mystery to me
          Last edited by 90312; 10-15-2013, 08:17 PM.
          How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
          Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by BERT View Post
            I downloaded 9.0.7.1 and had no problems. Apart I can not tick on lightning shrink. Using XP proffesional but went back to 9.0.7.0 so I can use lightning shrink.Using XP since years now...I don't thing XP is the problem
            Please post your internal log if one is generated.
            Open Fab click the ? top right > click open log folder and copy and post your internal log.
            User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)

DVDFab log default location:
            For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
            For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
            For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

I am running XP home service pack 3

I have tried all the suggestions on here and still no luck.

Comment

this is in response to stirlingmac, msg #18.
                MAYBE a fix for the next 'beta' release.
                I sent a msg to fengtao, and didn't get a response at all regarding this installation crashes.
                I thought at first.. maybe the downloaded file was corrupted which causes the install crash...
                but after 5 tries (downloads and installs) with the same problem, then they may have changed
                something/where in the program which cause it to fail.
                Last edited by sireast; 10-17-2013, 01:25 AM.

Comment

The QA Team is aware of this and working on it. They have test platforms for XP, 7, 8 and Mac.
                  Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                  Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                    The QA Team is aware of this and working on it. They have test platforms for XP, 7, 8 and Mac.
                    I feel sad they don't care about me, I run Vista...
                    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

You are one of the approximately 17 people on the planet still running Vista Although it would not surprise me if they had a Vista partition on one of their machines. They have a room full.
                      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Make it 18 for vista.

Comment

We will test on Vista, don't worry about that.
                          DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
                          http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                            You are one of the approximately 17 people on the planet still running Vista Although it would not surprise me if they had a Vista partition on one of their machines. They have a room full.
                            another for vista

Comment

LOL you all have my apologies, I underestimated, must be at least 25 or 30.

Comment

ASTA LA VISTA... LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X