This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Visual C++ Library Error

Since the installation of the latest version 6.0.7.0 after the program starts and finishes evaluating the disc, I click Start and immediately I get the following error message:

After clicking OK, the program completely crashes and unloads. Anyone have any idea what is wrong?

This is not like the VC++ errors of the past that have been discussed and a clean install fixes. This happens on both a Windows Vista AND 7 machines. Also something I noticed that was not this way in 6.0.6.0 and that is the absence of VSO Burning engine, it only has Nero and ImgBurn. Is that by design?
    Lï£ê ï§ å Lêmðñ åñÐ Ì Wåñ† M¥ Mðñê¥ ßå¢k

Hey Guardian,

Glad you found your way over to the DVDFabforum
    Great to have you here...sorry that it's with a nasty problem.

At first I was thinking that you were using a dual boot Win7/Vista system, but after re-reading your post (first time was at work) I see you have 2 distinct and separate rigs. Sort of does away with hardware issues, eh?

So what, common to both rigs, could cause this? Bummer.
    You picked yourself a helluva problem.

Have you looked at the Event Viewer?
    In XP, you'd go to Admin Tools > d/click on Application and than navigate to the application.
    I don't have Vista, but I suspect the path is similar.

Any more details there?

I'm pretty beat and gonna hit the hay...long day tomorrow too.
    I'll locate my Win7 hdd (I boot from an eSATA case) and I'll take a look...probably won't have much time before Thurs though...realistically.

And no, VSO should still be populated in your list of burn engines,
    So, this absence of VSO is common to both rigs...hmmm.

Starting with v.6.0.6.0 (I think) VSO dropped the patin-couffin driver for its access layers.
    VSO now uses SPTI.
    In Common Settings, what do you have for I/O mode?
    Probably Auto...try SPTI.

During the Fab install, did you get a prompt to install VSO with either 6.0.6.0 or 6.0.7.0?
    You should. I can't imagine the installer was corrupt/bad twice.
    Last edited by maineman; 09-23-2009, 05:19 AM.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Something apparently corrupted the installation process. It installed and runs fine in XP SP3, and VSO is still present as a choice for the burning engine. I have not seen any posts from other Vista or 7 users, but that doesn't mean it is not happening. If it happens as soon as you click Start, you might try forcing Fab to use ASPI I/O in Common Settings.

You typed that pretty fast, pard.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Mentioning corrupt installers, when 6069 was released I d/led and went to install but got an error pertaining to just that, 1st time I ever had to re-d/l an installer. might be something to check out. Just thought I'd mention it

Comment

Originally posted by Wild and Blue View Post
          Mentioning corrupt installers, when 6069 was released I d/led and went to install but got an error pertaining to just that, 1st time I ever had to re-d/l an installer. might be something to check out. Just thought I'd mention it
          Holy corrupted installer Batman!
          Thanks W&B.
          Hopefully, this is the answer Guardian is looking for...

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
            OT...apologies
            Hey pard,
            I don't buy that my typing has speeded up...maybe you're slowing down...

Comment

Hey Guardian! I’m about to throw in the towel on this one, but have one more question. Are you by chance running WoW on those machines? My grandson catches this error once in a great while after a major patch. Somehow it corrupts a protected system file. I run sfc on his laptop and the file is replaced and it’s all good. The last time a virus sneaked by his AV program I think it was Win32/Pirate or something like that anyway it had the same affect even after removal. You’ve probably already done this but for others that this might work for: open a command window and type sfc /scannow
              How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
              Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by maineman View Post
                Hey Guardian,

Starting with v.6.0.6.0 (I think) VSO dropped the patin-couffin driver for its access layers.
                VSO now uses SPTI.
                In Common Settings, what do you have for I/O mode?
                Probably Auto...try SPTI.

During the Fab install, did you get a prompt to install VSO with either 6.0.6.0 or 6.0.7.0?
                You should. I can't imagine the installer was corrupt/bad twice.
                Do you think a person should totally uninstall dvdfab and reinstall cause of the VSO (problems)? I have had major problems with VSO on all of my computers in the past so I'm just wondering ?????

Has anybody had better luck with VSO now since its using SPTI?

Comment

Originally posted by maonstad View Post
                  Do you think a person should totally uninstall dvdfab and reinstall cause of the VSO (problems)? I have had major problems with VSO on all of my computers in the past so I'm just wondering ?????

Has anybody had better luck with VSO now since its using SPTI?
                  Hi maonstad and welcome.
                  At work, so a short answer.
                  First off, I'd delete all installs of patin-couffin driver.
                  Not sure what OS you're using, but in device manager, scroll to...at/near the bottom, expand to open VSO > patin-couffin driver
                  and uninstall all instances.

Now install v.6.0.7.0 and be sure to install VSO.
                  I/O mode should be set for SPTI or Auto.

If you still have problems, I'd use Img.
                  It's all I use and is much more configurable, and includes automatic write speed
                  [AWS].

Troy512 has some excellent video tutorials:

Comment

Forgot to mention, there is also a VSO uninstall app which should be ideal for this.
                    I had forgotten about it.
                    Thanks to toadtub...here it is:

Comment

@GµårÐïåñ,

Are you saying 6.0.6.0 without VSO burning engine installed successfully, but 6.0.7.0 doesn't? Try again with the VSO engine deselected. But I don't think it's the VSO engine that's causing the problem. It's the installation script. DvdFab is programmed in VC++, maybe it's from 2008 or 2005 package, but judging from the GUI, it's probably 2008.

Check that you have Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 (and/or 2005) SP1 Redistributable Package installed in Add Remove Programs.

VSO burning engine uses SPTI if you're running under admin account and Patin-Couffin if you're running under user account.

Comment

Originally posted by maineman View Post
                        Hey Guardian,

Glad you found your way over to the DVDFabforum
                        Great to have you here...sorry that it's with a nasty problem.
                        yes, SJ pm-ed me

At first I was thinking that you were using a dual boot Win7/Vista system, but after re-reading your post (first time was at work) I see you have 2 distinct and separate rigs. Sort of does away with hardware issues, eh?
                        no DB

Have you looked at the Event Viewer?
                        In XP, you'd go to Admin Tools > d/click on Application and than navigate to the application.
                        I don't have Vista, but I suspect the path is similar.

Any more details there?
                        nothing there about it therefore not registered as a bonafide error rather the application is terminating

I'm pretty beat and gonna hit the hay...long day tomorrow too.
                        I'll locate my Win7 hdd (I boot from an eSATA case) and I'll take a look...probably won't have much time before Thurs though...realistically.
                        thanks for trying, get some sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                          Something apparently corrupted the installation process. It installed and runs fine in XP SP3, and VSO is still present as a choice for the burning engine. I have not seen any posts from other Vista or 7 users, but that doesn't mean it is not happening. If it happens as soon as you click Start, you might try forcing Fab to use ASPI I/O in Common Settings.

i reinstalled and now it says that my dvd-to-dvd is trial, wtf?

Comment

Originally posted by Wild and Blue View Post
                            Agreed, I have never had any corrupt installers either. I am not even sure that's the problem here now that its giving new inventive issue.

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
                              Hey Guardian! I’m about to throw in the towel on this one, but have one more question. Are you by chance running WoW on those machines? My grandson catches this error once in a great while after a major patch. Somehow it corrupts a protected system file. I run sfc on his laptop and the file is replaced and it’s all good. The last time a virus sneaked by his AV program I think it was Win32/Pirate or something like that anyway it had the same affect even after removal. You’ve probably already done this but for others that this might work for: open a command window and type sfc /scannow
                              Ahhh hell no, I have nothing against it but no time for anything like that. These machines are pretty minimalistic and straight to function only. But I ran the AV just the same, 3 engines and nothing dirty on this machine.

Comment

Working...
                              X