X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by toaddub View Post
    @GµårÐïåñ,

Are you saying 6.0.6.0 without VSO burning engine installed successfully, but 6.0.7.0 doesn't? Try again with the VSO engine deselected. But I don't think it's the VSO engine that's causing the problem. It's the installation script. DvdFab is programmed in VC++, maybe it's from 2008 or 2005 package, but judging from the GUI, it's probably 2008.

Check that you have Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 (and/or 2005) SP1 Redistributable Package installed in Add Remove Programs.

VSO burning engine uses SPTI if you're running under admin account and Patin-Couffin if you're running under user account.
    I don't deselect anything, the installer doesn't give that option, at least not that I have seen. The 6.0.6.0 installs with the VSO and runs fine. Then 6.0.7.0 gives this error and in the options there is no VSO. Then I reinstalled it clean and now no more VC++ errors but now the DVD-DVD option is missing from options, including VSO and for some odd reason now it tells me that I am a trial user. I have re-entered the registration information and it takes it, restarts and goes back to trial again.
    Lï£ê ï§ å Lêmðñ åñÐ Ì Wåñ† M¥ Mðñê¥ ßå¢k

Comment

Guardian are you double clicking the reg key with the program closed?
      Seems to work better that way.

Removal of new protections may not be available yet in the free version of DVDFab (HD Decrypter)

Help Us Help You :

Troy's excellent tutorial on Setting up ImgBurn with DVDFab :

I use Taiyo Yuden and Verbatim media mainly.
      Trying Falcon D/L media

I use ImgBurn as my main burning engine

Free Media Player VLC

Comment

Originally posted by bean55 View Post
        Guardian are you double clicking the reg key with the program closed?
        Seems to work better that way.
        No buddy because mine is from a while back where you cut and paste. You think something is wrong with the code? why now, why work fine up to 6.0.6.0 and then suddenly take a crap on 6.0.7.0 and start doing it by giving a library error first? Makes no sense.

I just installed on another machine and used the same code and it worked just fine and its up and running, so what gives?

Comment

Not sure buddy, but the last couple clean installs that I done I kept the program closed, double clicked the reg key and then started DVDFab and everything was good, no more trial user.

Removal of new protections may not be available yet in the free version of DVDFab (HD Decrypter)

Help Us Help You :

Trying Falcon D/L media

Free Media Player VLC

Comment

Not sure buddy, but the last couple clean installs that I done I kept the program closed, double clicked the reg key and then started DVDFab and everything was good, no more trial user.
            I guess I need to figure out how to get my code in the same way so I can do that too and see if it makes a difference. The problem is that it shouldn't or once again it brings to the program being done poorly or it should make ZERO difference how you do it.

Comment

No buddy because mine is from a while back where you cut and paste.
              The code you copy and paste is it in a .txt file? if so you can just rename the .txt extension to .DVDFab6 and then double click it as bean55 mentioned or just send for a new ver.6 key since ver.5 keys won't work.

Comment

Originally posted by Wild and Blue View Post
                The code you copy and paste is it in a .txt file? if so you can just rename the .txt extension to .DVDFab6 and then double click it as bean55 mentioned or just send for a new ver.6 key since ver.5 keys won't work.
                Mine was in an email and I do cut and paste. Currently its kept in a text file. However, renaming and running doesn't work, it says invalid, so maybe there is more to a .dvdfab file. Or its a escape character causing an issue like char(0) or (13) otherwise known as Cr/Lf.

As for validity, I am sure its a valid 6.x license, since it has been working since 6.x has been used, so pretty sure that's not it. I have done everything I can think of and all of what has been written by friends like SJ to try and fix it by cleaning house on this machine but I can't think of anything else and its not working. Like something is not right and I don't get what. ARGH!

Comment

Here is what I do, it has never failed me:

Log on to Windows as Administrator or with Administrator permissions
                  Install latest version of DVDFab, then close the program
                  Download keyfile (from the email attachment) to desktop
                  Disconnect from internet
                  Fully disable all AV, spyware, malware etc applications
                  Double click on the keyfile attachment on your desktop
                  DVDFab should open fully registered, verify in help->about
                  Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                  Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                    Here is what I do, it has never failed me:

Log on to Windows as Administrator or with Administrator permissions
                    Install latest version of DVDFab, then close the program
                    Download keyfile (from the email attachment) to desktop
                    Disconnect from internet
                    Fully disable all AV, spyware, malware etc applications
                    Double click on the keyfile attachment on your desktop
                    DVDFab should open fully registered, verify in help->about
                    1. I am the admin, logged on as such and run everything as such, not the issue.
                    2. I don't have the original email, just the license in a text file, how I enter its should not matter.
                    3. It is ridiculous, unnecessary and a sign of bad programming to have to disable half your machine to get something to work right, unacceptable.

Comment

2. I don't have the original email, just the license in a text file, how I enter its should not matter.
                      Hey Buddy I guess it's time to send off for a new key.

Help Us Help You :

Trying Falcon D/L media

Free Media Player VLC

Comment

Hey Buddy I guess it's time to send off for a new key.
                        Already did that when we were told to get new ones for 5, I mean how many times do I have to get a new one to make the program work? I mean the program should respect and properly process the license keys no matter what. I wish they would spend less time screwing with the license routine and actually spend it getting the program to work right.

I mean it works up to 6.0.6.0 then it doesn't, that's insane and I install on another machine it worked. I tried on another machine it didn't. Its just arbitrary in behavior and that is not right.

Comment

Have you ever thought that it may be your installations?

I've NEVER had a problem and neither have a lot of other users....
                          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                            Have you ever thought that it may be your installations?

I've NEVER had a problem and neither have a lot of other users....
                            Installation is a generic and vague term. Installation of what? DVDFab? Windows? User/Profile/Registry? Which exactly?

Also, as I have said before, even if it happens to 1% of the population, its an error and its too much. We can't use the majority rule to excuse issues that are very real.

Comment

From my 40+ years experience in the IT industry, issues such as yours always seem related to security issues of the operating system.

This is borne out by the fact that Vista Home security is less than optimal and users are continually having problems with registration on this O/S.
                              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                                From my 40+ years experience in the IT industry, issues such as yours always seem related to security issues of the operating system.

This is borne out by the fact that Vista Home security is less than optimal and users are continually having problems with registration on this O/S.
                                Well you got 20 on me, I only have 20+ years in IT and programming and I would have to respectfully disagree. First issue is that I am on 7 and the UAC has been quite revamped to function differently. Second is that I have done system architecture and setup for large national/international corporate environment, trust me I know how to properly manage permissions. Third and final is that any issue with permissions or not playing nice with UAC is a developer issue not a user issue, since I know how to install properly to ensure configurations are solid and unless the application has trouble honoring system rules properly though the API, then no problem should exist on my end.

I mean come on, this is not the first time I have installed a software, certainly been installing this since 3.x so I think if I was going to do such an asinine screwup and fail it would have been earlier not going from 6.0.6.0 to 6.0.7.0, have a little faith and respect the experience. Just because I am not a mod or admin and don't self proclaim my ultimate knowledge on things, doesn't mean I don't know what I know and know it well. I mean you guys are content its working fine, the developers don't give a damn so once again roll back to previous version until they fix it later when it becomes an issue that affects more of you and then becomes important to fix.

Comment

Working...
                                X