No announcement yet.

Two movies are not copying "error while reading"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I bought Fab I set out to back up my 1200 plus DVD collection. So far I have completed about half of them, and I would say 20 or so of them simply would not copy. All of my DVD's are in near mint condition so it is not from scratches or dirty or damaged disks. Each time a disk would not copy I tried another program, and most of the time that program also failed to copy the disk, but there were a few I was able to copy. Only once did changing the settings of Fab do any good. I was able to copy Jurassic Park 2: The Lost World by turning off the PathPlayer option. My point is that most of the time Fab works perfectly. Sometimes, however, it won't copy a disk and it is not because of a problem with Fab. As the old saying goes, sometimes that's just the way it goes. So my advice is, be careful with those disks that you can't back up.

Comment

@ COSMEO17...download ..VSO INSPECTOR..it's for free and you can check out every disc for faults.

Comment

@ COSMEO17...download ..VSO INSPECTOR..it's for free and you can check out every disc for faults. ...And to glenns, I stand correct, I should have said log file does not tell us WHY there is a problem.Sorry about that.

Comment

Bert their are many things in codes that only the developers can read and you can't in this case you say I meant to say the logs can't tell you why their is a problem well not so the log file reported read error's how many their were and were exactly.

Maybe if you said the read error fab picked out can't say what caused it that would be better.I correct you because people search this forum with the search feature and can pick up wrong info if not corrected.I myself make mistakes from time to time and don't mind being corrected knowing someone may use the search feature and get wrong info.Just so you know I am not picking on you.

For advanced user's remuxing a problem disk solves a lot of problems then it works with fab but you need to get it on the drive first and that's were the settings in Fab come in to skip read errors but it doesn't always work.
          Last edited by glenns; 12-04-2013, 08:24 AM.

Comment

@ glenns, not a problem my friend.

Comment

It tells the developers, which is what matters (and why it is so important to post a log if there is a problem).
              Originally posted by BERT View Post
              @ COSMEO17...download ..VSO INSPECTOR..it's for free and you can check out every disc for faults. ...And to glenns, I stand correct, I should have said log file does not tell us WHY there is a problem.Sorry about that.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
              X