No announcement yet.

Failed to Open D:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No love with version 8 or 4. ImgBurn won't touch it. I had no idea this was going to be such a problem.

Comment

Gcason:If you delete messages so there's less than 100 total to your Fab pm mailbox people can send you PM's I will help you with this problem.

Comment

Originally posted by glenns View Post
        Gcason:If you delete messages so there's less than 100 total to your Fab pm mailbox people can send you PM's I will help you with this problem.
        Gcason is a new member, so may not have the privileges yet to receive and send messages.

Why not help on the public forum, is that not what this forum is about, members helping members....
        CBR929
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

If this disc will not play in the computer I'm not optimistic it will copy. Sounds like some kind of DRM to prevent screen capture software too.
          How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
          Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
            If this disc will not play in the computer I'm not optimistic it will copy. Sounds like some kind of DRM to prevent screen capture software too.
            Agreed something is up with this disc
            What about trying DVD Fab Passkey???
            CBR929
            Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

maybe if someone ordered the dvd - http://www.moxietraining.com/s.nl/it...2&category=306 dvdfab could fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post
                maybe if someone ordered the dvd - http://www.moxietraining.com/s.nl/it...2&category=306 dvdfab could fix it.
                Be my guest

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
                  Be my guest
                  It's a bit expensive for that.

I got lots of helpful suggestions from members and mods alike, so many thanks!. To recap:

Versions 4, 8, 9 couldn't do it
                  Imageburn couldn't copy it

My DVD player is very old and has no firmware updates available. I'll upgrade that and see what happens. I'll keep everyone posted.

Comment

Originally posted by Gcason View Post

I got lots of helpful suggestions from members and mods alike, so many thanks!. To recap:

My DVD player is very old and has no firmware updates available. I'll upgrade that and see what happens. I'll keep everyone posted.
                    there's a new beta version 9.1.2.7 you might try.

Comment

If you have a DVD-ROM (play only) drive it might work. There is a protection on some discs that prevents them from playing on DVD recorders or DVDR (recordable) drives. I will pass this up the food chain.
                      Someone with the disc should also try Passkey.
                      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

If everything else fails you can make a copy or temporary copy using a hi def camera recording the tv image and will come out not to bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Gcason View Post

have you tried doing just the main movie only??
                          Last edited by october262; 02-16-2014, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Gcason and others:

If this disc will not open automatically in DVDFab, please try clicking the Add Source ("+") button, then navigate to the VIDEO_TS folder to see the result.
                            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                              Gcason and others:

If this disc will not open automatically in DVDFab, please try clicking the Add Source ("+") button, then navigate to the VIDEO_TS folder to see the result.
                              I didn't mention that specifically, but I have the same problem using the + button. Thanks for the idea, though.

Comment

Gcason: your burner is using 8 year old firmware from 2006 you never updated it.You can update it here to 2008 firmware and try again.Their are no other updates for it as support stopped in 2008 for this drive.

Make sure you follow all directions and the power don't go out or you can burn out your drive when flashing new firmware.

Do you have a USB plug in drive to try it on or a lap top drive you can put Fab on and try as it could be your drive being so old?.

Comment

Working...
                                X