Status of Cinavia protection removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Status of Cinavia protection removal

This is simply an inquiry regarding the DVDFab Support Staff's status in their efforts to achieve a solution to or removal of Cinavia watermark protection on both DVD and Blu-Ray discs. It would seem that with such a talented staff working on the problem a solution should only be a matter of time. But how much time is the question? Does the Staff have any idea of when a solution might be forthcoming or is Cinavia a problem without a viable solution and one that the DVDFab Staff has simply given up on as far as a software solution? Any information would be much appreciated.

sleeper1428

Cinavia

I've been asking the same question and still waiting for a response. The movie The Boy Next Door has this problem and would like a fix also.
    Hopefully we'll get a response soon.

Comment

Cinavia Protection Update

I too am waiting to hear something from the talented DVDFab staff.

Anything to let us know a solution is still possible is greatly appreciated.

Comment

Have any of you guys explored the option of playing DVD/Blu-ray movie files that contain Cinavia on devices that don't support the detection of Cinavia?

There a still plenty of such devices!
        I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
        I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear

Comment

i agree SMD said it true find a work around their are plenty.if it was fixable they would fix it. take it easy on the staff,i personaly think they do one heck of a good job.

Comment

I agree

Comment

Originally posted by hpiii View Post
              I too am waiting to hear something from the talented DVDFab staff.

Anything to let us know a solution is still possible is greatly appreciated.
              I just sent a message to the DVD Fab Staff about this problem. The movie Ouija, released 2015, had Cinavia protection. would not play on 2 of my players Asus, & Sony but played on the older Panasonic. The audio was muted in different parts of the movie.
              Any help on how to handle this would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

I can assure you they are aware of the problem and have been working on it for some time. Do not expect a detailed progress report, which would only help Fab's competitors.
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by orangecrush View Post
                  The movie Ouija, released 2015, had Cinavia protection. would not play on 2 of my players Asus, & Sony but played on the older Panasonic. .
                  Out of interest... Can you provide more detailed information about your Asus players. And the model numbers of your Sony and Panasonic players?

By-the-way... Depending on the age of your Panasonic player I suggest you don't update its firmware. Just in-case it adds Cinavia detection

Cheers
                  I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
                  I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                    I can assure you they are aware of the problem and have been working on it for some time. Do not expect a detailed progress report, which would only help Fab's competitors.

I check here frequently for this topic. We're rooting for the staff on this one

Comment

Me too, Scoop.

Good advice for all from SMD regarding firmware updates on Panasonic and others.
                      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Cinavia on latest release

I am downloading the latest release. It does not say NON USA vs. Have you
                        stopped this Non USA version? The new release WILL not work around the
                        Cinavia protection.

Question 1: Do you not have a Non USA vs?
                        Question 2: Will latest release not work around Cinavia?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by TGMcCallie View Post
                          I am downloading the latest release. It does not say NON USA vs. Have you
                          stopped this Non USA version? The new release WILL not work around the
                          Cinavia protection.

Question 1: Do you not have a Non USA vs?
                          Question 2: Will latest release not work around Cinavia?

Thanks
                          all users will now get the international version for download.
                          dvdfab will let you know if a disc has cinavia protection but
                          there's still no fix unless you use an older bluray player
                          or put your movies on a media player device.

Comment

Cinavia Protection

What was the number of the last version of DVDFab non usa vs. that would
                            remove this protection?

Thanks

Tom

Comment

No version of DVDFab ever removed Cinavia protection.
                              How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                              Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X