No announcement yet.

Status of Cinavia protection removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There has never been one. Cinavia can't be removed.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Yeah staff!

Comment

It would however be wrong to assume they are not working on it, full time. A real solution, not a workaround.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

This is one time I'll be glad I'm wrong

Comment

If anyone can find a solution to Cinavia it will be DVDFAB.
            I'm sure of that!

Comment

Originally posted by SeeMoreDigital View Post
              Have any of you guys explored the option of playing DVD/Blu-ray movie files that contain Cinavia on devices that don't support the detection of Cinavia?

There a still plenty of such devices!
              Every device or media player doesn't contain cinavia it is tooooooo expensive so i don't thing there is any media player that cost until 100-200 euro that can play full bd-iso files without any cinavia protection problem.

So.......

Comment

Originally posted by fits79 View Post
                Every device or media player doesn't contain cinavia it is tooooooo expensive so i don't thing there is any media player that cost until 100-200 euro that can play full bd-iso files without any cinavia protection problem.
                Actually, the VidOn Box is able to play full-disc BRD.iso files for under 100.00 Euros.

That said, I personally don't see the point of creating 'full-disc' .iso files any-more. Nowadays all I do is back-up the 'main movie' along with my preferred audio and subtitle streams and chapters. All of which are placed within the .mkv container and stored on an external HDD connected to my NAS.

All my media players including Smart TV's are able to play my .mkv files via either SMB or UPnP over my wired network.

Job done and there are no problems with Cinavia...
                I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
                I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear

Comment

Originally posted by pontiacgp45 View Post
                  i agree SMD said it true find a work around their are plenty.if it was fixable they would fix it. take it easy on the staff,i personaly think they do one heck of a good job.
                  You might want to check Post #25 under the Forum discussion heading 'Unbroken'. In that post, dated 5/18/2015, I suggested the alternative 'work around' of using an older DVD player, one that does not contain the Cinavia detection firmware, to play movies burned to disc. I also gave a couple of examples of suitable players as well as the approximate price (~$40.00US) of one of these players, the one that is still available from several outlets.

As to your interpretation of my initial post, I was in no way impugning the work ethic of the DVDFab staff. I'm sure they are working on a fix for Cinavia protection and my post was simply a question as to the STATUS of their efforts. And I certainly agree that they do an outstanding job in regard to overcoming the continuing efforts of the entertainment industry to frustrate consumers efforts to make backup copies of purchased DVD/Blu-Ray discs. I also note that a DVDFab staff member has posted a reply, confirming that they are indeed working on a fix while stating that they would prefer not to post status reports on their progress in order to discourage competitors from using this information to further their own progress towards a solution.

sleeper1428

Comment

Thank you DVDFab staff. Your work on this issue is greatly appreciated!

Comment

Cinavia protection bypass!

The DVD FAB tech staff is doing what they can to help with this problem. The easiest fix for 99 percent of people with this problem is to do what has been suggested by the, "Talented DVD FAB tech staff", and that is to use an older DVD player. A portable player for $60.00 works fine. Any of the off brand DVD players seem to work fine, as long as they're not Blue Ray players. Seems that the Blue Ray players have the updates for the Cinavia and just the regular DVD players don't. Good luck. I've tried several because of this problem and everyone of the players I've used that wasn't a Blue Ray player, worked! The downfall is the video detail by not using Blue Ray. But the sound works great!

Comment

The suggestion wasn't to downgrade from BD to BD but to get a media player and rip your BDs to HDD. That way you can keep BD quality and ignore Cinavia. And yes, no matter how talented the DVDFab team is, the way Cinavia is engineered won't ever allow for it to be remove completely.

MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
                        MultiShrink
                        : DVD Shrink batch processing
                        Offizieller Ãœbersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch

Comment

Cinavia protection

Why remove it. Could it be incorporated into the copy so the player thinks it's new? May not be able to break it, but how about using it?

Comment

Originally posted by rebel71292 View Post
                            Why remove it. Could it be incorporated into the copy so the player thinks it's new?
                            New what? If the player recognizes it, it's forced to stop playing the BD so obviously the only way to handle it for these kind of standalones is to remove it.

MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
                            MultiShrink
                            : DVD Shrink batch processing
                            Offizieller Ãœbersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch

Comment

As soon as Cinavia came out a couple years ago, I bought 3 Blu-Ray players, closeout deals, from different manufacturers (as a hedge). I do not do any firmware upgrades.

And I have a couple of modified DVD players that play most anything - all regions, NTSC or PAL (real-time PAL conversion - my U.S.A. TVs are NTSC), etc. I general use these for watching standard DVDs.

Cinavia is not a problem, although I do hope DVDFab team can eventually find a solution.

Comment

Me to if dvdfab manages to beat cinavia then it would truly be the greatest program off all

Comment

Working...
                                X