Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, sometimes I noticed on my end it took 3 or 4 to hang, but I never got and error.

What was the error msg ?

EDIT: So far from my testing, the best STABLE version regarding this issue is "DVDFab6118Beta.exe", the Source filed always updates properly.
    Last edited by AlienX69; 01-19-2010, 05:51 PM.
    AX

The default Log File location: C:\Documents and Settings\"User Acct"\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

Comment

DVD Fab encountered an error and a screen came up wanting to send info.
      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

What version ?

Try again, and see if it crashes the same
        AX

The default Log File location: C:\Documents and Settings\"User Acct"\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

Comment

Version 6218, same thing 4th crashed. How do I send attachment? Figured it out.
          Attached Files
          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

Was it in the same order ? Was 4th previously extracted with no issues ? Just thought is might be new encryption, as I have not encountered a crash, that is something new.

If you would like to test further, try DVDFab 6118 Beta or earlier.
            AX

Comment

No, different order, one that crashed on 1st attempt used that first on 2nd attempt and mixed them up, also no newer encryptions. Will try other versions.

Comment

Try 6.1.1.8 first, see what you get, then install 6.1.2.5, of course that's if you have them.

That is the point where I noticed one works and the other fails !

AX

Comment

Tried 6118after ejecting 1st disc and inserting 2nd DVD Fab disappeared from desktop. Don't have 6125.

Comment

I currently have 6.1.1.8 installed, it seems to be the version (or eariler) that cures the issue of iwords posted topic "Cannot open a second DVD ".

I will run it until I get a disc that fails because of NEW encryption. At that point I will install the latest Beta and just restart DVDFab as necessary.

Cheers,
                    AX

Comment

Originally posted by AlienX69 View Post
                      @maineman (or anyone else who cares to test this)
                      When you get home I would like you just insert 1st disc, let it scan, Source field updates, remove the 1st disc w/o extracting, add a second disc, let it scan, does the Source field update or does it stay at "Please insert ....." and hang ?
                      Okey dokey. I won't be home until about 12M, but I'll post back as soon as I'm able.
                      If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

I just tried it on my base level portable PC (XP Home, Fab Ver 6.2.2.0)

And it worked fine, no problems.

Inserted Escape From New York - Recognised
                        Ejected
                        Inserted From Dusk to Dawn - Recognised
                        Ejected
                        Inserted Escape from New York - Recognised & Ripped
                        Ejected
                        Inserted From Dusk to Dawn - Recognised & Ripped
                        Ejected
                        Inserted Escape from New York - Recognised

Also tried same procedure on my main workstation (Vista Ultimate, Fab Ver 6.2.2.0) with the same results.

So??? Win 7????

Originally posted by maineman View Post
                        Okey dokey. I won't be home until about 12M, but I'll post back as soon as I'm able.
                        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Got me GregiBoy, well then it looks like it's on my end (XP Pro, SP2), you got any suggestions ?

But as you can see I was not alone, iwords is going back to 5.x

CRB929's crashes on 4th disc (6.2.1.8, I think)

Not sure what you mean by So??? Win 7????
                          AX

Comment

Well, this problem never seemed to rear it's ugly head until the advent of Win 7 and I am suspecting some incompatibilty between Fab/Win 7/Optical Drive Drivers.
                            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Ok, I did as AX suggested,

"I would like you just insert 1st disc, let it scan, Source field updates, remove the 1st disc w/o extracting, add a second disc, let it scan, does the Source field update or does it stay at "Please insert ....." and hang ?"

All 4 discs scanned appropriately, the source field updates as the drive spins up, almost immediately. No hang. No problems whatsoever.

Again, this with v.6.2.2.0 Beta (retail), Win7 64-bit
                              If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Well THX for the test maineman ......

I tried one last thing, I removed all traces of CloneDrive and install DAEMON Tools Lite (my preferred) .

Then I reinstalled 6.2.2.0 Beta, still hangs on 2nd/3rd disc insertion whether an image is mounted or not mounted via DAEMON

FYI:
                                • The reason I was leaning on the virtual drive is every time I click "Finish" (no disc in DVD tray), DVDFab immediately mounts the virtual drive if an ISO/MDS is mounted on DAEMON.
                                • DVDFab works fine otherwise in regards to extracting encrypted discs ....

Regards,
                                Last edited by AlienX69; 01-20-2010, 10:41 AM.
                                AX

Comment

Working...
                                X