This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AlienX69 View Post
    No doubt Verbs are the SUPERIOR product no question about that, I wanted to try a cheaper alternative DL, Falcon's are almost half the price and they work flawlessly for me so far, the 360 backups are GREAT, play flawlessly !!
    I guess success greatly depends on the DVD burner one uses. I have used Verbatim +DL with my LG burner exclusively and made perfect burns each time. I read your positive comments about Falcon media +DL a while back and took a chance by ordering a 20 pack. The first 10 disks off the top were coasters. My LG burner couldn't get past writing the lead-in tracks to them. I put the rest of the Falcon media in the closet and immediately inserted a Verbatim +DL and successfully burned/verified the target image file. I use either DVD Decrypter or ImgBurn to burn all my images -- I like the disk verify feature.

I'll eventually have to upgrade one of my DVD burners. When I do pop in a current model, I'll pull the Falcon Media out and give them a try once again.
    Life is too short to drink bad wine . . .

Comment

Sorry to hear that, I only had one coaster and it was my fault, multi-tasking, and I knew better.

Did you check the CDFreaks thread to see if anyone else used a LG burner ..... I'm using a NEC 3550A .... I assume you have the latest firmware and changed book type to DVD-ROM ?

PS: ImgBurn superior to DVDD, especially in regards to DL media !!
      Last edited by AlienX69; 01-28-2010, 07:18 PM.
      AX

The default Log File location: C:\Documents and Settings\"User Acct"\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

Comment

Originally posted by AlienX69 View Post
        I never did like VLC, but I still use for certain things .... always found it a little touchy. I use PowerDVD9 for video.
        I'll look into a free VLC alternative. One of these days I'll pop for a network media player and would like my clams to go that way.

You can use PgcEdit to create the ISO, but I suggest you use ImgBurn to create via the Build mode. Been a while since I created an ISO with PE (it works), last one was in the pre-ImgBurn days when it was called by another name. Once ImgBurn introduced the Build mode, I didn't lok back. Only way to create DL burns is IB, cuz of its Previewer.....and it's built by LUK, one smart fella .... kinda like Feng and Ting .....

Good Luck, it will take a while to learn PE .....
        Oh, is there any reason to use PE before Imgburn if I'm not changing the navigation control commands/structure? I thought it was useful to create the ISO because it added spacing between IFOs and VOBs and set the layer break. My last burn I used PE to create ISO then imgburn asked where I wanted the layer break; I thought PE should have been included that in the ISO?

Will keep chugging away here, but at least now I know my Amazon media isn't inherently bad and can get good results using imgburn. I do wish IB showed free space remaining after burning ISO so I could decide if I want to add anything else. I would consider creating an H.264 movie file and adding that to disc, although I'm not sure if I put it in the root or new folder if that will mess up playback; I could but it in Video_TS no?

Comment

Oh, is there any reason to use PE before Imgburn
          To get the DVD to navigate the way you want before iso creation .....

I could but it in Video_TS no?
          No, put it in another folder or at root, and you should always use Build mode for DL, as I already mentioned, works for me ...
          Last edited by AlienX69; 01-28-2010, 10:50 PM.
          AX

The default Log File location: C:\Documents and Settings\"User Acct"\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

Comment

VLC has a "jump-to" option when playing back DVDs, make sure it is set correctly (or turned off) or it might get confused with DVDFab's jump-to options and have unpredictable effects. You can find the controls in VLC Tools->All (or Advanced) Settings->Input/Codecs->Access Modules->DVD with menus.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Well that was a good tip signals, man that was buried DEEP in there .... mine was set to "start directly in menu". But I left it on that setting and played one I just finished "Surrogates" from the folder. Navigation was just as I wanted it:

- Play previews (all junk removed, kept just good previews, about 4 or 5 .. Tron Legacy)
              - Jump to movie (skipping main menu}
              - After movie --->> Jump to Special Features menu

It all navigated properly in my case using VLC, but I don't use it, always been a PowerDVD guy since 5, now on 9.

But Drewster should be the real tester with those discs he previously made, let's see if it helps him ...

PS: Tron Legacy looks KEWL

Again thx for the tip !!
              Last edited by AlienX69; 01-29-2010, 01:04 AM.
              AX

Comment

Working...
              X