Crashes at startup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crashes at startup

The last several versions of DVD Fab DVD Copy all crash on my main computer. I see the splash screen and then it goes away but the app never opens. If I open Task Manager, I can see the DVDFab.exe disappear after the splash screen goes away.

The release notes for one of the recent versions said that there was an issue like this that was supposed to be resolved but I still have this problem. I have completely uninstalled and reinstalled the app but it is the same.

Please help.

1st check the your security software is not blocking Fab many do.
    Make sure your graphics card is updated and you run fab as administrator.Run Fabs latest version.
    Post any log files or crash data if above don't solve it.

Comment

Even with 10.0.4.2 I still have the same problem. Splash screen comes up, I see the FabUpdate.exe process appear then exit in my Task manager, then DVDFab exits.

I wiped out my Log folder and tried again. Here are the resulting files. Hopefully someone here will be able to help figure out how I can fix this.
      Attached Files

Comment

Please tell us if the DVDFab crash report pops up when this happens.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
          Please tell us if the DVDFab crash report pops up when this happens.
          No, there is no crash report. The executable just disappears from the Task Manager.

Comment

Thanks for the info, are you still using v10.0.4.0 or have you tried the current v10.0.4.4? Any difference? Does the DVDFab process continue to show?
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
              Thanks for the info, are you still using v10.0.4.0 or have you tried the current v10.0.4.4? Any difference? Does the DVDFab process continue to show?
              I just downloaded and installed v10.0.4.6 but I still have the exact same issue.

Comment

I've had a similar problem at times but it isn't consistent.
                Meaning one time it will DVDFab will open normally & maybe the next time won't.
                Then it may open normally 5 times in a row or not the same amount.

When it doesn't open the following is the result.
                In Task Manager Applications it shows DVDFab Not Running .
                I have to use "End Task" to get it to close.

I believe the cause is sometimes the DVDFab servers are overloaded & DVDFab can't connect to them. So it can't or won't run.
                If it was one of my antivirus or malware programs I believe the block would be consistent. Since I don't change any settings in them.
                If someone has a better explanation I would be glad to see it.

When DVDFab has this problem.
                My solution is to keep closing DVDFab with the "End Task" until it works .

Comment

Here are the dvdfab_internal.logs .
                  It was suggested to me via PM that I post them so the developers could look at them.

dvdfab_internal.log is the one that DVDFab had the "Not responding" in Task Manager.

dvdfab_internal(01).log is the one where DVDFab opened normally.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I created these two with no DVD in the optical drive.
                    I thought this may make a difference in the information in the logs.

dvdfab_internal(03).log is the one that DVDFab had the "Not responding" in Task Manager.

dvdfab_internal(04).log is the one where DVDFab opened normally.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Looking at the logs in post #11.
                      This may be one of the problems:
                      DVDFab stopped at the point it was to check for cinavia version.

I could be misinterpreting the above & would like the experts to give an opinion.

I can consistently reproduce this on my computer.
                      DVDFab will open correctly up to 7 out of ten times.
                      Sometimes as low as half the time.
                      So far I have always been able to get DVDFab to open correctly if I keep trying.

Comment

I have the same problem after making an initial copy, then exit, restart DVDFab a second time. It then stops at the Splash Screen. I restart my Win 10 system and start DVDFab and all works fine for another copy. I'm running the latest Beta version, however; it happens on all earlier versions of DVDFab 10...Note: After shutting other devices down on router DVDFab 10.0.4.7 can be shut down and restarted without problems. I assume it has to be activity on the router interfering with logging in with DVDFab. I'll leave this up for info.
                        Last edited by dolphin203; 07-19-2017, 04:13 AM.

Comment

Just installed v10.0.4.9 and still have this issue. Updated graphics drivers did not help.

The last line in the dvdfab_internal.log is always "exception at Hwe_Free".

I haven't been able to run DVDFab on my main PC for months now. Please fix this.

Comment

I Goggled for Hwe_Free & didn't find anything about what it is.
                            Do you know what software this might be ?

Comment

Go into fab common settings check the little arrow to reset default settings see if this will help.(Octobers262 fix for odd problems like this)

Comment

Working...
                              X