Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was just looking over your thread and I have another idea if you're up for more.
    I'm pretty sure it's down to a bad drive or corrupted registry files.
    Let's have a look at your upper and lower filters.

Open Img > click on Tools > on the dropdown, click on Filter Driver Load Order...

Post what you see.
    Maineman:

I am up for more if you think there is a reasonable possibility that the drive is good. However, most of you guys seem to think it's garbage (defective and bad quality to begin with), so I don't know. I have attached a screen shot of the Filter Driver Load Order.

I haven't made any of the adjustments you recommended yet as I wanted to see what you thought of the Filter info. Also, you mentioned Vista and I have Windows 7. Will these steps work with Windows 7?

Tad
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Tad,

Well, to be honest, I'm not a fan of your burner and I think it may have gone belly up, but hard to know for sure. Nothing personal here of course, but both DC and I found issues with this burner when we looked.

Still, I think you shoud get rid of both NTIDrvr and UBhelper as both can cause problems from what I could determine.
      You can always reinstall them if they're essential for a program, but I've never heard of 'em.

Sorry, I thought I read that you were using Vista.
      The win7 entry is actually listed before Vista
      Click on the microsoft link I posted previously follow the instructions on the MS site.

You can also run the registry patch that I linked and this may work just as well...you'll have to try to see for sure. A word of caution though...I've never run the patch in win7 myself, but win7 has virtually the same architecture as Vista...or so I'm told by ppl. much more knowledgable than me.
      Still, I hate to recommend something to someone that I haven't tried.
      So I guess it's try at your own risk.
      Last edited by maineman; 02-08-2010, 05:55 AM.
      If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Originally posted by maineman View Post
        Hi Tad,

Well, to be honest, I'm not a fan of your burner and I think it may have gone belly up, but hard to know for sure. Nothing personal here of course, but both DC and I found issues with this burner when we looked.

Still, I think you shoud get rid of both NTIDrvr and UBhelper as both can cause problems from what I could determine.
        You can always reinstall them if they're essential for a program, but I've never heard of 'em.

Sorry, I thought I read that you were using Vista.
        The win7 entry is actually listed before Vista
        Click on the microsoft link I posted previously follow the instructions on the MS site.

You can also run the registry patch that I linked and this may work just as well...you'll have to try to see for sure. A word of caution though...I've never run the patch in win7 myself, but win7 has virtually the same architecture as Vista...or so I'm told by ppl. much more knowledgable than me.
        Still, I hate to recommend something to someone that I haven't tried.
        So I guess it's try at your own risk.

Just did some digging of my own... not only is NTIDrvr a potential problem, but UBHelper is a piece of malware... OP would be well advised to run Malwarebytes on his system to get rid of that and anything else he has...

DC

Comment

Code:
          Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.44
          Database version: 3716
          Windows 6.1.7600
          Internet Explorer 8.0.7600.16385

2/9/2010 3:43:02 PM
          mbam-log-2010-02-09 (15-42-55).txt

Scan type: Full Scan (C:\|)
          Objects scanned: 238885
          Time elapsed: 35 minute(s), 28 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
          Memory Modules Infected: 0
          Registry Keys Infected: 0
          Registry Values Infected: 0
          Registry Data Items Infected: 1
          Folders Infected: 0
          Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:
          (No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:
          HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\NoActiveDesktopChanges (Hijack.DisplayProperties) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> No action taken.

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
          I have removed NTIDrvr and UBhelper from the registry and ran malwarebytes and copied the log above. I even followed some of the other Microsoft recommendations and no change. Even if I get a disc to burn completely, they won't play. We get weird error messages from the DVD player, like "disc is dirty," or "cannot load disc." Consider this my concession speech.

I am heading to Best Buy to get a new burner. Some of you guys said LG was good, and I know they carry them at Best Buy. Are there any specs I should look for, capacities, speed, etc?

Also, I just want you guys to know that I am extremely grateful for the time you put in to helping me. I have never seen such a dedicated group, and I am more grateful than you can imagine. In the end, you got to the root of the problem - you showed that my drive stinks! Thanks again.

Tad

Comment

Hey Tad,

You sure rolled up your sleeves on this one.
            Time to toss in the towel on that Hitachi drive for sure.
            I've never owned an LG burner, but LG is certainly a reputable manufacturer...a lot of folks own 'em and love 'em.

A word of advice...it's best to do a little research on a specific burner, make and model.
            There are some really decent makes out there, like Sony-Optiarc, LiteOn, Samsung, Plextor, LG, etc.
            But any make can and does have its problems with specific drives.

You must have a SATA II interface on your "late model" pc
            If you post some specs or your model #, we can take a look.
            Here are 3 very useful and free utilities:
            Speccy
            Belarc Advisor
            and
            PC Wizard 2010...which not only will give you system info, it will let you benchmark your system as well.

In any case, I picked up a couple of Sony-Optiarc 7240s drives last Fall...great all around burners and one of the best dual layer burners out there.
            With modified firmware from Liggy and Dee, you can bitset +R and +R DL media and have RPC1 firmware (region free).

Newegg has them on sale for $25 sometimes, but right now they're still only $27.99 and $1.99 shipping...not a bad deal

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Ok, here are some specs on my system. Let me know what you think. - Tad

Code:
              PC Wizard 2010 Version 1.93
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Owner: Microsoft
              Organisation: Microsoft
              User: Michael Roberts
              Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium Home Edition 6.01.7600 
              Report Date: Wednesday 10 February 2010 at 16:45

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<<< System Summary >>>
                > Mainboard : Gateway RS780
                > Chipset : AMD 780G
                > Processor : AMD Phenom II X4 805 @ 2500 MHz
                > Physical Memory : 8192 MB (4 x 2048 DDR2-SDRAM )
                > Video Card : ATI Radeon HD 4670
                > Hard Disk : WDC (1000 GB)
                > DVD-Rom Drive : ELBY CLONEDRIVE SCSI CdRom Device
                > DVD-Rom Drive : HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH41N ATA Device
                > Monitor Type : Gateway FPD2275W - 22 inches
                > Network Card : MV88SE614x PCIe to SATA2 controller Yukon 88E8071 PCIe Gigabit Ethernet Controller
                > Operating System : Windows 7 Home Premium Home Edition 6.01.7600  (x64)
                > DirectX : Version 11.00
                > Windows Performance Index : 5.9

***** End of report *****

Comment

Your motherboard has 6 internal SATA II connectors. You have plenty of SATA II connectors for more devices.
                Purchase a burner with a SATA interface and you should be good to go.

Originally posted by Tad_R View Post
                Ok, here are some specs on my system. Let me know what you think. - Tad

Code:
                PC Wizard 2010 Version 1.93

Owner: Microsoft
                Organisation: Microsoft
                User: Michael Roberts
                Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium Home Edition 6.01.7600 
                Report Date: Wednesday 10 February 2010 at 16:45

<<< System Summary >>>
                  > Mainboard : Gateway RS780
                  > Chipset : AMD 780G
                  > Processor : AMD Phenom II X4 805 @ 2500 MHz
                  > Physical Memory : 8192 MB (4 x 2048 DDR2-SDRAM )
                  > Video Card : ATI Radeon HD 4670
                  > Hard Disk : WDC (1000 GB)
                  [COLOR="Red"]> DVD-Rom Drive : ELBY CLONEDRIVE SCSI CdRom Device[/COLOR]
                  > DVD-Rom Drive : HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH41N ATA Device
                  > Monitor Type : Gateway FPD2275W - 22 inches
                  > Network Card : MV88SE614x PCIe to SATA2 controller Yukon 88E8071 PCIe Gigabit Ethernet Controller
                  > Operating System : Windows 7 Home Premium Home Edition 6.01.7600  (x64)
                  > DirectX : Version 11.00
                  > Windows Performance Index : 5.9

***** End of report *****
                DVD-Rom Drive : ELBY CLONEDRIVE SCSI CdRom Device

Did you know you have SlySoft virtual clone drive installed?...it's a disc image emulator.
                If you're not using this for a program, dump it.
                Last edited by maineman; 02-11-2010, 01:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X