Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does it say "Process completed successfully" and the disc won't play???

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why does it say "Process completed successfully" and the disc won't play???

Since I bought the full version, I am getting this message at the end of the 2/2 process. Then the disc won't play on my computer, dvd players, play station......I am new to this and don't really understand all the lingo, so if there is someone who can help me.......

Someone around here can and will help you, but we are going to need a little info from you. Read please.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Only lingo I understand is OS. It's a Vista and there are no error messages. DVDs simply don't play on any device. It goes through the process and says everything is complete, yet burned DVD won't play. Sorry to sound so ignorant, just don't know a whole lot about computers. I have burned 50+ DVDs that worked just fine, now all of a sudden nothing works.

Comment

This could be for a variety of reasons but the usual two culprits are crap blanks being used or trying to burn them too fast.
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Crap blanks could be, but they always worked before. I tried to burn on 5 instead of 9 and now I get the message "failed to burn"

Comment

So what's changed then other than the upgrade?
            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

merkle are you using the VSO engine that comes with DVDFab? If the DVD won't play on the computer you burned it on it may not be finalizing? Why don't you try ImgBurn as your burning engine?
              How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
              Albert Einstein

Comment

merkle what is the writable media size set at in Fab?
                Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

I don't know what VSO is!! I haven't changed anything. Using the same DVDs and burning the same way I did before. That's why I am so lost!!!

Comment

the dvd I am burning to says 16x 4.7GB 120 min It's Memorex.....How do I find the writable size media? I tried 9 and switched to 5 on the inital screen before it reads the original DVD. Is that what you are talking about?

Sorry to sound so stupid....I may just be in over my head here :-(

Comment

"error while reading. Please chose what to do" is the message I am getting trying with 5 speed. When I used 9, it read the original DVD, then halfway though, it said it failed. I was using a dual layer DVD like it said. I am running out of wasted blank DVDs.....agggggghhh

Comment

Is this one particular DVD you are trying to do coz it sounds like you need to inspect/clean/polish it for a start?

Comment

Do as 90312 said and install Image Burn this will show you how . As far as memorex they are junk . The error while reading could be a dirty disc try cleaning it.To check the writable media size open up Fab green check on top go to DVD/ blue ray/write / DVD writable media and set to 4472 click OK.Also what is it set at right now post back.

Your fast Gregiboy
                          Last edited by CBR929; 02-06-2010, 03:50 AM. Reason: text
                          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Can you post reply the information that is asked of you below

Help Us Help You

If you are posting about an operational problem with one of the DVDFab products, you will improve the speed and accuracy of the response by providing some information in the very first post that will probably be needed.

First, make note of any error codes or messages that appear in popup boxes and put them in your post. Information on error codes that appear in the DVDFab UI are captured in one of the logs we request below.

DVDFab keeps logs of its activities that supply basic system information and can help pinpoint where and when an error happened and help pinpoint the cause. The default location for these logs on most Windows systems is:

C:\Documents and Settings\your username\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

The logs are simple text files that can be opened with Windows Notepad if you want to read them. If the size exceeds the forum’s attachment size limit, you may need to delete older entries or copy and paste the relevant ones into a new file. The log files can be attached to a post using the "Manage Attachments" button below the editing box.

dvdfab_burn_vso.log Attach for all problems. The entries are time stamped with the most recent at the top.

dvdfab_burn_imgburn.log Attach if you have ImgBurn set as the burning engine and the problem concerns disc burning. Time stamped with the most recent at the bottom.

dvdfab_process.log Attach if DVDFab crashes and the crash report window does not come up or complete correctly or if internal error codes appear in the DVDFab window (“Task Failed…”). Time stamped, most recent at the bottom.

dvdfab_internal.log Attach for all problems. Time stamped, most recent at the bottom. Please edit to include only the most recent or relevant log session.

Other Information:

Depending on the nature of the problem, it can help to know:
                            If this happens with all discs or just one
                            Your operating system/CPU/memory configuration
                            If you are using external hard drives or optical drives
                            If you have made any recent changes to your OS or system hardware
                            If you have other DVD or BD software installed, particularly if recently added.

Posts with all the requested information will be answered first.

Comment

Post the log files from some of these burns that won't play.
                              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
                              X