Purple DVDs Won't Copy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Purple DVDs Won't Copy

I have a few television season DVDs that refuse to copy. I'm using the latest version of DVDFab. I'm using the clone/burn option to an .iso file. The discs that I am attempting to copy are purple (on the data side), and silkscreened on the opposite side. These are commercially available discs. I've tried different workstations and different DVD drives to no avail. Has anyone else run into this problem and, if so, were you able to figure out a way to successfully copy the disc?

Is the disc generally accepted by your DVD drive and only refusud by DVDFab? Or is it already impossible to take a look at the files on this disc using a file manager like windows explorer because the disc won't mapped in your file manager?

Comment

No, the disc is mapped fine in file manager, I can see all of the directories and files present on the disc with no issues. The disc(s) also play just fine in a DVD player attached to a television. This is not a random thing; I've probably tried about a dozen or so of these "purple" discs, all of them fail every time. Completely repeatable.

Comment

Just curious, but what series is it? I've never seen a disc like that. I have BOH RHAP and it's only colored on label side. 1 is purple & 1 is yellow, but both are normal on the media side

Comment

Season 1 of A.P. Bio.

Comment

Could be a protection scheme that is not yet supported in DVDFab. Attach your dvdfab_internal.log file.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithAbbott View Post
              I have a few television season DVDs that refuse to copy. I'm using the latest version of DVDFab. I'm using the clone/burn option to an .iso file. The discs that I am attempting to copy are purple (on the data side), and silkscreened on the opposite side. These are commercially available discs. I've tried different workstations and different DVD drives to no avail. Has anyone else run into this problem and, if so, were you able to figure out a way to successfully copy the disc?
              try clicking common settings - DVD - pathplayer - disable pathplayer
              restart dvdfab and retry the discs again.

Comment

Behavior is identical whether pathplayer is enabled or disabled. dvdfab_internal.log is attached.
                Attached Files

Comment

There are several errors in your log, including read errors. The developers will have to take a look at it.
                  Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                  Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Will the developers pick up the log file from this forum and take a look at it, or do I need to submit the log file in a different fashion?

Comment

They have it.
                      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
                      X