This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7.0.1.2 will not work

i have been using fab for years and had no problem. this version will scan the movie for a while then either shut down or go back to the start screen . this is a problem with dvdfab itself because all others versions work on my computer.any input would be helpful. p.s. the new pass key does the same thing.

can you give us more info on your system and settings?

Comment

i have a dell inspiron i 6400 ,T2300@1.66GHz, 1.66GHz 1GB ram with windows xp. This is not the problem as i stated i have dvdfab 4 thru 6 on this computer and the all work this is a problem with the new verison.

Comment

What movie as I have no problems with DVDFab 7 since I installed it last night and used 4 times with out issues

Comment

AGJ, I have have exactly the same problem on ALL three machines and have been reporting it since we first started testing the beta.
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
            AGJ, I have have exactly the same problem on ALL three machines and have been reporting it since we first started testing the beta.
            Strange as I deleted DVDFab 6 from both my computers and installed the latest DVDFab 7 on them both and DVDFab 7 works with no issues for me on my W7 and XP computers, same thing with Passkey. I find no reason to keep the old versions on my computers since I never have any issues for what I use DVDFab for

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
              Strange as I deleted DVDFab 6 from both my computers and installed the latest DVDFab 7 on them both and DVDFab 7 works with no issues for me on my W7 and XP computers, same thing with Passkey. I find no reason to keep the old versions on my computers since I never have any issues for what I use DVDFab for
              For me 7.0.1.0 was very buggy and 7.0.1.2 is useless.

Comment

I have a feeling that the Anti-virus and firewall may be causing these problems for all of you. Remove DVDFab from your computers and reinstall but make sure all the protection is turned off and not actively blocking your installs. Also install DVDFab as administrator to see if it help as well. I use Microsoft's Security Essentials and windows firewall and do not have any issue so far with DVDFab 7 and Passkey

Comment

Same here as you AGJ except I use Comodo firewall and not having any problems either.

Comment

For what it's worth (and probably not much), I'm not experiencing any problems at all with Fab 7.0.1.2 Beta and Fab Passkey 7.0.0.2 Beta
                    I'm running Avast av, PC Tools Firewall Plus on a Win7 64-bit rig.
                    They are always enabled.

The only thing I've noticed so far is that Mobile conversions with Fab 7 are a bit slower than Fab 6. Still not bad speeds, but Fab 7 seems to add a few minutes.
                    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

I have not had a problem with 7.0.1.2, so far. Still have v6 installed system windows xp sp3. AVG full being used on my system.
                      Chris

Comment

Its not my firewall although i do think there may have been a problem with the down load for some reason because of some thing that happened during. I downloaded passkey on my other computer and had no problems. Could someone explain how to do a clean uninstall so i can try it again. Thank you.
                        Last edited by csbond2; 03-07-2010, 04:04 PM. Reason: text

Comment

use the passkey uninstall in the start programs menu and then after use CCleaner to clean the registry till all left over is gone. then do a search for DVDFab Passkey to make sure it all removed.

Comment

Use the uninstaller that comes with the product (recommended by the developers) or download the free version of Revo Uninstaller.

There is clearly a problem for a small subset of users regarding disc I/O control, which seems to have begun with v6.2.1.8 or 6.2.2.0. There was a problem with ASPI in 6.2.1.8 which was fixed in 6.2.2.0 for most users and I strongly suspect that the fix may be triggering some of this. Why it is a problem only for a few is a mystery. There is some common factor among the OS settings or drivers, other installed software or a windows update or driver that makes the problem manifest itself on some installations. It is my suggestion that those of you experiencing this (in this thread and the other one discussing this) share information and try to find the common factor. Perhaps all could download a system info utility, all run it and post the results. No question there is some common factor.
                            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Dont have ccleaner is it a free program.

Comment

Working...
                              X